So a few questions

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
HelloEverybody
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: So a few questions

Post by HelloEverybody » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Is this website real? No offense I guess, just a little unbelievable to me /shrug


And Fat Man, why are you so bitter toward everyone? Youre the type that goes in and shoots up a theatre eh?

User avatar
recovering_fan
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 am
Location: in my apartment :-)

Re: So a few questions

Post by recovering_fan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello "Hello".

Your avatar should be a big yellow smiley face.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: So a few questions

Post by Fat Man » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:52 pm

HelloEverybody wrote:Is this website real? No offense I guess, just a little unbelievable to me /shrug

And Fat Man, why are you so bitter toward everyone? Youre the type that goes in and shoots up a theatre eh?
No, I'm not bitter toward EVERYONE!

I do have some friends in these forums.

I'm only bitter toward moronic sports fans who register to be on these forums just for the sole purpose of harassing me!

And yes, this web site is real, believe it or not, there are actually people out there in the world who do not like sports!

GET USE TO IT!!!

We don't all sit around slack-jawed and drooling watching sports on TV when there is much better things to do.

I like to read books, especially books on science, and I enjoy listening to classical music, and going to art galleries and science museums, all kinds of interesting stuff that is both entertaining and educational.

But, I don't watch sports on TV!

So, what are ya gonna do? SUE ME???

Yeah! Why don't you get an attorney to file a lawsuit against Fat Man on the anti-sports forum, and sue me because I don't like sports.

What's the penalty?

The chair or the chamber?

In Texas, we criminals go to the gurney!

Texas Governor Rick Perry is an ultra-conservative right-wing Christian Fundamentalist Republican who loves using the gurney for executions.

Image

That's because, with the arm rests extended out to the sides, it look like a cross!

So, I guess, because I don't like sports, then I should go to the gurney!

RIGHT????

But, in the meantime . . . . .

. . . while I'm still alive, then . . .

You can just fuck off and crawl into a sewer and eat shit!!!

Now, go away little boy! Ya bother me!

Go watch some football on TV and suck your thumb while crapping in your diaper!

Yeah! We got us another one!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
HugeFanOfBadReligion
Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: So a few questions

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:24 pm

HelloEverybody wrote:Is this website real? No offense I guess, just a little unbelievable to me /shrug
No, this is merely a dream. You will soon wake up and forget entirely about this website, but deep inside your mind, there will be this strange idea convincing you that sports suck.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: So a few questions

Post by Earl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, HugeFan! :)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: So a few questions

Post by Earl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello, HelloEverybody! :) (I love the redundancy of it!) I presume you're not acquainted with JimmyJohns? :wink:
HelloEverybody wrote:Is this website real?
Yes, I'm afraid it is. :( Yes, there are many unpleasant realities in this world; but we must grin and bear it so that we may bring a little bit of cheer and sunshine into the lives of others.
HelloEverybody wrote:No offense I guess, ...
Seriously speaking (for once), I am sincerely grateful that you've not seen fit to subject us to abuse, which has been precisely the sort of reaction on the part of the majority of the sports fans who've not been so pleased that such a website as ours exists in the world of dancing electrons, and have bothered by means of their posts or other messages to make us painfully aware of this fact. Frequently this is the reaction of sports fans to this website:

Image
HelloEverybody wrote:... just a little unbelievable to me /shrug
Well, perhaps this will serve as an explanation: Other people have different experiences. In other words, some people have had experiences that others (including you, apparently) haven't had; and those others (including you) therefore don't understand why the people in question (namely, us) don't see things the way they (the sports fans who hate us) do. This may not be clear to you. It's just my way of talking. :?

Again, I'm most appreciative of your tolerance (really I am). Sincerely, that is.
HelloEverybody wrote:And Fat Man, why are you so bitter toward everyone?
Because of a background of abuse -- including male rape (for which he received no effective treatment, which was not available in '67). Has suffered from mental illness over the years.
HelloEverybody wrote:Youre the type that goes in and shoots up a theatre eh?
No, he's not. He's what you might consider to be a harmless crank. In other words, his bark is far, far, far worse than his bite.

There! I'm finished. Aren't you flattered, HelloEverybody (such a cheery username), that I've taken so much time to compose such a long post in response to your short one? We want to be thought of as a warm group of people. Come again, hear?





HugeFan's response was the best. 8)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: So a few questions

Post by Fat Man » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Earl wrote:
HelloEverybody wrote:Youre the type that goes in and shoots up a theatre eh?
No, he's not. He's what you might consider to be a harmless crank. In other words, his bark is far, far, far worse than his bite.
Yeah! I may be a crank, but I don't wear a tin-foil hat.

I'll even admit to being a crack-pot.

But, I'd rather be crazy than stupid anytime.

We crazies can come up with some really original ideas, where as, retards and only sit and drool, and watch sports, and I doubt if any of them are actually self aware or conscious of what they're seeing.

Sometimes, while their jaws hang slack, they'll come out with an occasional DUUUHHHHH! A BAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!! HUH HUH HUH! And that's about it.

most sports fans eventually die crib deaths because they simply forget to breath!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: So a few questions

Post by Millhouse » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:18 am

JimmyJohns wrote:If you think it's wrong for people to spend so much time watching sports, why is it not wrong to spend so much time getting angry over the amount of time people watch sports?

Why does Fatman, a person without a job, a leach on the economy, have a signature that claims that jocks are retarded and below him, and then makes fun of them for having an actual job?
Your original post, quoted above, was nothing more than a flame bait thread targeting Fatman. You just tried to carefully disguise it with a lead-in that had nothing to do with Fatman, then got to your real point in your second sentence.

But, I will try to answer it anyway. My answer is, you need to go back and read the front page of the site. This community is not about hating sports, it's about hating people who enjoy sports and then proselytize it onto non sports fans who couldn't care less about it, and ostracize, disconnect and mistreat people who don't care for nor enjoy sports... making them feel like lesser human beings. If you want to try and refute that, I'll talk to you about it until I'm blue in the gills.

If however, you want to just flame bait people, you're just as bad as the dumber jocks who use a more direct attack and approach, imo.
Last edited by Millhouse on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Steamroller

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: So a few questions

Post by Earl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:52 am

You may have missed all the other exchanges with JimmyJohns on pages 26 through 28 of the topic entitled "Introductions" in this same board. I actually went ballistic in the second half of page 27 and ended up regretting it (almost or kinda). Forgive me if you've already read these. I wanted to mention them just in case.

Millhouse, I'm sorry I'm not very talkative now. As the moderator of this forum, I feel like I've been experiencing something like role conflict or whatever. I really believe there should be a website for people who have no interest in sports, but I just can't hate athletes as a group. Is there such a thing as online fatigue? Perhaps it's something else ...
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: So a few questions

Post by Millhouse » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:16 am

Your positions are as valid as anyone else's. Having moderated multiple forums and chat rooms in my lifetime, I'd say it's not really fatigue, just a bit of burnout. I like ice cream, but I get sick of it like anyone else if I've eaten it every day for the last 5 years.

I also don't think anyone here hates jocks just because they're jocks. Not even Fatman. But I do think the attitude that comes with it is what makes us angry, and makes us tense. We're kind of a support group and kind of not, but regardless of that fact, these are issues we're sensitive to. That's why we come here, looking for that vilification.

I'm dropping ranks for a moment. I have family in my home state whom I love and miss tremendously, they were loving people growing up, but they are sports fanatics. Do I hate them for it as human beings? Hell no. I hate that specific part of them, that part that makes them yell at a hockey game, or talk incessantly about draft picks or just makes any sort of idle chat involve sports. This part of them annoys the piss out of me, and I've learned to tune it out when they start up with it. You might even think that I hate them the way I rant and rave at their habits. But I don't hate them at all, they're charming, loveable, generally intelligent people otherwise. This is why I'm here. I love them a lot, not for the parts of their personalities that annoy me, but the parts that DON'T, and I don't ever want to take it so personally that I alienate myself from them completely. To learn to balance that part of myself against the part of them that I can't stand being around. But also to try and convince the lot of stubborn sportstards like them that they too could stand to revamp their own way of thinking. In my experience, they don't listen. So, we have it out here, like an emotional Royal Rumble. The irony is, that we do listen. We do nothing but listen to their tired drivel, over and over again, and they don't bend even just a little bit or try to compromise. Again, the closest person we've had in my time here to getting it was Polite24. That's the part that really gets me. We are willing to bend over backwards to compromise, they are generally not. This is a calling card of a bullying culture.

I had jocks pick on me in elementary school because I was a small kid, though I was adept at sports if given the chance. Key words: If given the chance. The fact that I could be good at them didn't stop them from running over me anyway. Sports were just a good excuse for them to unleash their hate. Did I hate them because they liked sports? No, I hated them because they were assholes who used sports as an excuse to pick on me (and others). So I grew up hating what they enjoyed as part of who they were, and are.

Sports is a vehicle for assholes, it enables them, and it brings out the worst in people. I don't care for sports. And believe it or not, those two sentences are completely separate things.

As for the pinkies that come here... it's hard to argue with someone who [extreme sports fanatics] is going to do nothing but disagree with you. Well, and the ones that come here just to be bullies (which constitutes the majority).

Chin up, Earl. Your presence here is valued, whether you think it is or not. Moderating any forum can get tiresome after awhile, have the big guys up top considered letting another person help you moderate?
The Steamroller

User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: So a few questions

Post by Skul » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Earl wrote:Millhouse, I'm sorry I'm not very talkative now. As the moderator of this forum, I feel like I've been experiencing something like role conflict or whatever ... Is there such a thing as online fatigue? Perhaps it's something else ...
If you feel you need to take a day or two off to recharge yourself, do so. Don't feel you need to be on every single day. You're doing more than I ever thought you would when I first brought you onboard.

Millhouse wrote:Chin up, Earl. Your presence here is valued, whether you think it is or not. Moderating any forum can get tiresome after awhile, have the big guys up top considered letting another person help you moderate?
First of all, welcome back, Millhouse. It's good to see you again.

As for letting someone help... well, I don't know who would be willing to help moderate the forum. They'd need to be fair and show restraint towards sports bores instead of banning them as soon as they show up. Believe me, there have been plenty of times I'd liked to have just banned a sportstard due to their actions, but in the interest of fairness, I've had to hold myself back from it. Very few sports bores have actually been banned, believe it or not.
Love and Tolerance!

JimmyJohns
Sports Bore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: So a few questions

Post by JimmyJohns » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 am

Fat Man wrote:
Brigan wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Maybe someone should chop off your pecker so you can't fuck little boys anymore!
Why the fuck must you always GO TOWARDS THE DAMN PEDOPHILIA.

See how you derail yourself?.
OK, I don't know if he fucks little boys or not! At least I hope he doesn't!

Maybe his speed is the goat in the back yard behind his single-axle trailer home!

But nonetheless!

I still hope someone chops off his pecker!
This is funny to me for two reasons:

1. I am sure you have never had sex in your life, nor has any human desired you sexually other than a rapist.

2. As a victim of male on male child abuse - you are statistically FAR FAR FAR more likely to rape children. Is this your outlet?

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: So a few questions

Post by Earl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:18 am

JimmyJohns, I probably shouldn't do this; but I'll answer for Fat Man before he gets around to posting a response to your latest post. You're right; Fat Man is a virgin, but not for the reason you assume. The trauma of being raped by a fellow inmate in the mental institution where he was incarcerated when he had his nervous breakdown at the age of 17 caused him to suffer the complete loss of his sex drive. He's had no sexual desire since, a result of severe trauma. He still experiences nightmares about the attack to this very day. Male rape and other forms of sexual child abuse frequently cause serious psychological repercussions in the lives of the victims. If you'd look past his excessive hyperbole (with which I disagree), you would see a man who was deeply hurt -- certainly far, far more than most of us. I certainly don't agree with all of his attitudes, but he is deserving of some understanding. Needless to say, he's absolutely no threat to children. In fact, he agonizes over reports of any kind of child abuse.

I suspect there's no desire on JimmyJohns' part to understand Fat Man. Sounds like he's just flaming.

Oh, well ... continue with your game, folks. :|
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: So a few questions

Post by Millhouse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 am

Jimmyjohns...just what the hell is your purpose here? Seriously? I'm not entirely unconvinced at this point you aren't FitMan's Brother.

I'm looking forward to whatever false answer you come up with to my question. Take care.
The Steamroller

User avatar
Ray
Site Admin
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia

Re: So a few questions

Post by Ray » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:39 am

JimmyJohns wrote:If you think it's wrong for people to spend so much time watching sports, why is it not wrong to spend so much time getting angry over the amount of time people watch sports?

That question makes no sense at all. It's like asking if you don't like watching houses burn down, why is it a good idea to encourage fire safety?

We are here to SAVE people from the stupidity of sports. There's absolutely nothing wrong with throwing out a life preserver to someone who is drowning in the sports-soaked propaganda that is meted out everywhere we go.
Image

I Hope We Lose!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest