Video rant on sports fans

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Video rant on sports fans

Post by Skul » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Don't know if you've seen this on the Guestbook, yet, but here's a great video on sports fans.

Sports fans are pissin me off
Love and Tolerance!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fitman's Brother » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 am

Holy shit look at that nerd rage!!!

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fitman's Brother » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 am

And I'm not saying nerds are bad, intelligent people are great. But intelligent people won't be so emotional about this, they'd be more collected and stable. But this is definitely nerd rage here, and I find it funny.

Nerds =/= intelligent people.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fat Man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 am

Fitman's Brother wrote:Holy shit look at that nerd rage!!!
As opposed to sports fan rage?

When their favorite team loses the big game of the season, they go out into the streets breaking shop windows, setting fires, overturning cars, and raping women!

Hell, they even do that when their favorite teams wins! That's how they celebrate!

Also, in our schools, sports fans like to destroy science and art projects, ripping pages out of books, breaking paint brushes and slashing the paintings.

And the non-athletic students get their heads bashed against the lockers and locker doors slammed on their hands, and sometime they get thrown down flights of stairs or through plate glass windows.

Yeah! These things have actually happened!

Now, what was that about nerd rage?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fitman's Brother » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 am

Quit stereotyping.

The Columbine Kids? Social Outcasts, weren't sports fans. They're mass murderers.
The Virginia Tech Guy? Social Outcast, wasn't a sports fan. Mass murderer
The recent movie theater shooting? Social outcast, wasn't a sports fan. Mass murder

All mass murderers were social outcasts and not sports fan. If ONLY they liked sports, then they would be good members of society!

See how stupid your ad hominem arguments are? That seems to be the only kind of argument you can make: ad hominem. It's commonly regarded as one of the lowest and least effective ways of making an argument. And for good reason.

I guess it's because you're not intelligent enough to refute a central point.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fat Man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 am

Fitman's Brother wrote:If ONLY they liked sports, then they would be good members of society!
Oh! So those who don't like sports are not good members of society!

You mean, the good members of society, like assistant coach Sandusky of Penn State who molested young boys for over 12 years before he was finally arrested, and coach Paterno who knew about it and kept silent about it, and Rakeem Bolton, a high school basketball player here in Texas who raped a cheerleader.

You mean, those good members of society?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Millhouse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 am

Fitman's Brother wrote:And I'm not saying nerds are bad, intelligent people are great. But intelligent people won't be so emotional about this, they'd be more collected and stable. But this is definitely nerd rage here, and I find it funny.

Nerds =/= intelligent people.
You'll have to excuse me for stating my opinion at this second post. But, I'm allergic to bulls**t.

You should have stuck with the first post. Your little disclaimer is as believable as you being here to accomplish anything constructive.
The Steamroller

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Earl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Why is there so much hatred of nerds? Sounds like socially acceptable bigotry. Although I wasn't a nerd in high school (since I didn't deserve the honor of being called one, as my study habits were poor), I get sick and tired of it!

Speaking as a 62-year-old man, high-school social life today seems to be amazingly shallow and cruel. Nerds are unpopular while bullies are defended. Pathetic! Well, I guess I have to admit that it's always been this way; but it's still no excuse.

I'd like to quote a paragraph from InSideOut Coaching by Joe Ehrmann, a former NFL player who now coaches at a prep school in Maryland in addition to working as a minister. I've rendered several sentences in bold type for emphasis.
When I speak to coaches, young men,and my players, I draw a box on the chalkboard and entitle it the "Be a Man Box." I ask my audience to call out the words that stereotypically define what it means to be a man in our culture. The words I commonly get are: tough, strong, stoic, pimp, athletic, muscles, dominate, power, conquer, and bling. When I ask what are the social rites of passage boys engage in to prove their masculinity, I most often hear: alcohol, drugs, sports, and sex. I lived inside that box myself for a long time and enjoyed the praise and adulation of other men promoting the "Be a Man Box." I also realized the world can be a lonely place for boys who live outside the box. When I ask players what are the names boys are called who don't manifest these inherently false concepts of manhood, they immediately respond: weak, bitch, faggot, girl, gay, and other adjectives. I try to help them see that all these derogatory names can be put in two categories: women and homosexuals. When you view a group of people as inferior or defective, you treat them as such. Think of the pain being inflicted on women and young gay men [Earl's own comment: not to mention nonathletic boys, most of whom aren't gay!] because of derogatory labels. Imagine, I ask, what it feels like to be defined by one or more of these names. Then I ask players what will a boy who is called any of these names do to get back into the Be a Man Box? Every boy replies -- whatever it takes. It is too painful to be out of the box.
Fitman's Brother, the next time you feel like laughing at nerds, remember what Coach Ehrmann said.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Earl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Continuing from my post above ...

To me the only objectionable content in the video was all the cussing, nothing else. Of course, that's nothing new. Needless to say, I realize that online cussing is a frequent occurrence; so, that's all I need to say about that.

Other than that, nothing special.

So the kid seemed to be a little agitated. So what? Perhaps he had been ridiculed for years when he was very young for not having an interest in sports and might have even been bullied in the mandatory P.E. he had to face every single day at school. So he's resentful. Big deal! Perhaps he was trying to be funny. Either way, I don't know; and I don't care.

Here's an interesting idea: Let us compare the "rage" of a powerless "nerd" with the very real rage of many of the Penn State football fans.

So, what has been their record?

First, there was the riot. Were the students rioting because a pedophile coach had been allowed to roam their beloved campus? Were they rioting because young boys had been raped by this sexual predator? No, they rioted simply because their little god JoePa had just been fired.

Then there was the Penn State coed whose brother was among Sandusky's victims. She had not let her classmates know. After Sandusky had been reported in the news and Paterno had been fired, she reported to the news media that she had had to listen to classmates joke about the victims. The proper noun "Sandusky" had become a verb. How would you feel if you had been in her shoes, hearing the mockery of the victims?

Then there was the victim who was attending a high school elsewhere in the state. First of all, his coach betrayed his confidence and let others know that he would be testifying against Sandusky.

Secondly, soon afterward the mother of the victim announced in an anonymous interview that a grandmother of one of the Penn State players had walked up to her and said (I don't remember the exact words), "Now my grandson's football team is going to lose, and it's all your son's fault." (What the ...? Very interesting. Sandusky had nothing to do with it? I guess the mother's son must have seduced him.) Can you believe this complete lack of compassion? The high-school student had been raped by Sandusky, subjected to severe trauma; and all the grandmother cared about was her grandson's football team not having a winning season?! I'm a devoted father who is so proud of his two children. If it had been me instead of the victim's mother, I would have had to exercise tremendous self-restraint to keep from spitting in the hag's face. How would you feel if you had been in the mother's shoes?

And, finally, classmates of the victim started bullying him. Why? Because they held him responsible for supposedly besmirching Paterno's image! (Yeah, I guess the victims should have kept their mouths shut.) He was driven out of school before he could graduate with the rest of his fellow seniors. So, the rape victim was victimized again! Did anyone express any outrage over this injustice? Did Franco Harris or any other prominent Penn State alumnus ever show up at the high school to defend this victim, who was in the process of receiving the message loud and clear that the image of Penn State and the football program took precedence over him and the rest of the rape victims? Victims be damned! I think the bullies would have listened to Harris, but he was too busy objecting to the firing of JoePa.

And, finally, we have all the die-hards rejecting the findings of the Freeh report and the current whining over the NCAA sanctions.

I wonder if any of the victims who testified in Sandusky's trial are now receiving hateful messages or even death threats from angry Penn State football fans who should know better. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Yes, I know there are decent fans; but we aren't hearing from them. They're not making themselves heard.

The sorry record of many of the fans has been one of most sickening spectacles I've ever seen of people whose moral compass is undeniably broken.

Interestingly (and ironically) enough, the worst enemies of school sports are found among the fans and the boosters themselves -- not "egghead" professors or "effete wimps" or supporters of an obscure, low-profile website that only serves the purpose of providing a support group for a minority.

To those who are unable or unwilling to see just how sick all of this is, I can only say the following: I give up.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Skul » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 pm

He's too busy thinking literally everything Fat Man says is complete and utter lies. Because, you know, if Fat Man says it, then it must be a lie. :roll:
Love and Tolerance!

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Earl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:51 am

It's funny; but at the risk of incurring the wrath of Fat Man, somehow I sense that Fitman's Brother is good at heart. I think he's probably a good kid. (Hey, I mean, I call him a kid because at my age, I'm old enough to be his dad or possibly his granddad. :mrgreen: ) Of course, he does get a little edgy with the insults; but Fat Man seems to be able to take it. No, I can't know for sure; but I get the impression (as I've stated before) that the two guys would have gotten along better if they had met each other in real life instead of encountering each other for the first time in the world of dancing electrons. (I borrowed that expression from the great Setanta at able2know.org. :mrgreen: ) It is kinda dopey that most of our critics now seem to be fascinated with Fat Man's lifestyle, which is none of their cotton-pickin' business. (It's as if Fat Man is some kind of lightning rod.) But, anyway, I must say that Fitman's Brother is a far cry from Samdaman :x . (I wonder what he's up to these days. Probably to no good.)

Enough ramblin' for now. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fitman's Brother
Sports Bore
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fitman's Brother » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 am

What Fat Man says technically isn't a lie because he genuinely believes what he says.

However, just about everything Fatty says is bullshit, and even you guys have to admit that.

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Millhouse » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:22 am

Fitman's Brother wrote:What Fat Man says technically isn't a lie because he genuinely believes what he says.

However, just about everything Fatty says is bullshit, and even you guys have to admit that.
The only thing I admit is that you're flame baiting him just like JimmyJohns was, and shadowing his every post. Which quite honestly is far from impressive, and quite boring. But flame on, I guess, if it's your prerogative, until the moderators get sick of you. You say he's this and that and make it clear you have a problem with him, but I see you doing nothing but attempting to egg him on in the exact same breath, every chance you get. Your purpose here isn't to have any sort of intelligent conversation or debate. It's to pick on someone you barely pretend to understand.
The Steamroller

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Fat Man » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 am

Earl wrote:. . . . . but I get the impression (as I've stated before) that the two guys would have gotten along better if they had met each other in real life instead of encountering each other for the first time in the world of dancing electrons . . . etc. etc.
Yeah, I remember you had said that before in another topic titled:

Sports Culture Or Sports Cult?
phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15389
Earl wrote:Here's an interesting observation from yours truly:

Suppose Fat Man and Fitman's Brother had encountered each other face to face, instead of posting comments in some website's forum -- say, at the Starbucks in El Paso, Texas, where Fat Man set up his telescope for the transit of Venus across the face of the sun. I believe their interaction would have been of a completely different nature. Fitman's Brother probably would have asked a question or two out of curiosity, and the two of them would have had a pleasant chat. Each would have seen the other as a full human being instead of words on a computer screen produced by the world of dancing electrons.

Of course, that's not the case here, sad to say. Truly it is sad, and there's nothing I as a moderator can do about it. :( Just a wistful comment from yours truly. :|
Yes, and after reading that, I was in the process of typing a response.

But, I'm always in the habit of clicking on [Preview] first before I click on [Submit] and it had shown that another response had been posted by Fitman's Brother, so I changed my mind about what I was going to say originally, and copied and pasted it to Notepad instead of posting it.

So, I could sse that Fitman's Brother had posted the following response . . .
Fitman's Brother wrote:Very good point Earl. I indeed probably would have asked Fat Man a few questions and would have been interested. That puts things into perspective.

To which my response was . . . . .
Fat Man wrote:Well, knock me over with a horse feather!!!

I'm amazed! I really can't think of anything more to say in response.

I'll need some time to think about this.

In the meantime, it's getting late, and I need to log some sack time.

Will wonders ever cease!!!

I guess thanks are in order here.

That was the very last post on Sunday, June 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM in the above mentioned topic:

Sports Culture Or Sports Cult?

Yes, I actually thanked him!!!

But I doubt that Fitman's Brother ever returned to that topic to see the last post, or if he did, he chose not to respond.

Yeah! Since then, there has been no further responses from that ingrate in said topic.

So . . . now . . . . . I'm pulling out all the stops, and I'm going to post, what I had originally intended to post, but kept in reserve in my note pad.

HERE IT IS!!!

No, Fitman's Brother would still think I'm worthless because I'm too fat, and I get around in a battery powered wheelchair, and I don't do sports.

If he had kids, and if one of his kids had a crippled up leg, and couldn't play at sports, he would reject the kid, neglect him, and probably keep him locked up in the basement.

And the reason why Fit Man's girl dumped him, is because he's a prick, and she was tired of his sexual advances, which is typical of jocks, or perhaps, he really doesn't have that much down there, that what he has, is shriveled up from using steroids!

I think they BOTH were of high school age back in the 1950s and were put into cryogenic suspension back then, and thawed out recently, and taught how to use a computer to spout off their McCarthy era style of bigotry on the internet in the 21st. Century.


There . . . . . I've said it!!!

I'm glad I kept this in reserve in my Notepad.

NO, I'm taking off the kid gloves, and coming out with horse shoes in boxing gloves, because I'm sick and tired of these zoo-tramps who register to be on these forums for the sole purpose of harassing me!
Millhouse wrote:
[b][color=#FF00FF]Fitman's Brother[/color][/b] wrote:What Fat Man says technically isn't a lie because he genuinely believes what he says.

However, just about everything Fatty says is bullshit, and even you guys have to admit that.
The only thing I admit is that you're flame baiting him just like JimmyJohns was, and shadowing his every post. Which quite honestly is far from impressive, and quite boring. But flame on, I guess, if it's your prerogative, until the moderators get sick of you. You say he's this and that and make it clear you have a problem with him, but I see you doing nothing but attempting to egg him on in the exact same breath, every chance you get. Your purpose here isn't to have any sort of intelligent conversation or debate. It's to pick on someone you barely pretend to understand.
Thank you Millhouse:

But forget trying to reason with Fitman's Brother because, he is incapable of reason and lacks any ability to have an intelligent conversation.

As I have said before, in some other topic, he doesn't have a brain. That's because he has no forehead, but only a flat roof on top of his skull just above his brow ridge with a pile of shit on top of that, and flies sitting on the shit, and their tiny little brains do all of his thinking for him!

If he did have a brain, he would have it bouncing up and down, trying to shoot hoops!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Video rant on sports fans

Post by Earl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I cannot disagree with what Millhouse has said. He's right.

But I'm still torn about this situation.

On the one hand, I do believe the presence of sports fans who disagree with this website gives life to the forum. There does seem to be an increase in posting when a critic has started posting here. There's also the possibility that both sides can arrive at an understanding and learn something from each other. Of course, I also realize there's no point in trying to reason with a troll.

On the other hand, Fat Man does have a point about those whose main or sole intent in posting here is to harass him. No one likes to be personally insulted by strangers who know nothing or next to nothing about him. Some of us on both sides seem to forget that there's a human being behind those words we read on our computer screens. We all have feelings.

(Even tough guys have feelings. A friend of mine who played football at the university where he earned his degree in sociology recently told me there are sensitive football players, which admittedly sounds like a contradiction since we're talking about participants in a rough contact sport. But I believe it because he's sensitive himself.)

Besides, the harassment of Fat Man is silly because he has absolutely nothing to do with why the rest of us support this website. Even though he and I became friends soon after he had started posting here, he's certainly had no influence on what my own views are regarding sports. Those views of mine had already been established many years before I discovered this website. I've even disagreed with him on certain points. As a matter of fact, last week I let it be known in this forum that I wanted no part of certain comments he had made over a month ago. If Fat Man had never posted here, my own critical observations of the culture of school sports would still be the same.

I should also point out that as of late (well, actually, for several years) Fat Man has not been in the habit searching the Internet for opportunites to express his views about sports. He's not evangelistic, so to speak. This website, which was always intended to appeal only to a certain category of people, is his own online territory (so to speak). This is the place where he gets to speak his mind. Those who would pick on him have to come here to find him. He's not one of those guys who post in as many forums as they possibly can find on the Internet. If Fat Man were an online pest who posted anti-sports comments in one forum after another, then it would be perfectly understandable that others would want to register here for the purpose of harassing him; but that's not the case in this situation.

One last comment: Through my own personal experience, I have learned not to engage in the online equivalent of yelling at someone with whom I disagree. I admit there have been occasions before when I did precisely that because I lost my temper, which can easily become short online. So, I actually try to lean in the opposite direction. For example, last week a high school or junior high boy involved in sports in some capacity started leaving messages in the "Letters 2012" column. He felt like we were calling him a "dumb---" just because he was a school athlete. Instead of being snarky with him, I explained to him that we posed no threat to sports and that we didn't all hate athletes. He turned out to be a good kid, and he even learned a little bit about the nonathletic guy's point of view. In other words, understanding was promoted. If I had lost my temper and insulted him, nothing would have been accomplished. I would not have learned that he was a nice kid, and he would have come away from our website thinking we were just a bunch of jerks.

Anyway, that explains my point of view regarding this particular ongoing controversy.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest