What do you hate most about sports?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Terminator

What do you hate most about sports?

Post by Terminator » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:13 pm

I think for me it would have to be how it's taken as seriously as war, and religion combined. If you were to tell a football coach that what he was doing was unimportant and just a game, he would cut your head off for blaspheming his almighty god. It would be like walking up to a priest and telling him there is no god and your just gonna get drunk and sleep with some hoochies, rape some prostitutes, do drugs, slap some bitches, kill your enemies, lie, cheat, steal, become a gigolo, and join the mafia.

Ray
Site Admin

Re: What do you hate most about sports?

Post by Ray » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 am

Terminator wrote:I think for me it would have to be how it's taken as seriously as war, and religion combined. If you were to tell a football coach that what he was doing was unimportant and just a game, he would cut your head off for blaspheming his almighty god. It would be like walking up to a priest and telling him there is no god and your just gonna get drunk and sleep with some hoochies, rape some prostitutes, do drugs, slap some bitches, kill your enemies, lie, cheat, steal, become a gigolo, and join the mafia.
I hate that too but what III hate most is how inescapable it is. I can't talk to two people in a row without one of them piping up about football or boxing or basketball. I can't watch TV without every other commercial telling me I need this or that for my next tailgate party. I can't listen to the radio without the commentators bringing up some aspect of sports. Who's my favorite player? What's my favorite team? blah blah blah --it is the single most dominant topic in the U.S. and it's BORING THE LIFE OUT OF ME!

I Hope We Lose!

IsaacClarke
One-post wonder

Post by IsaacClarke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:48 pm

All my life, my goal in life was to become a physicist, but throughout, my elementary and middle school career, I was discontent with how dumbed down the lessons were. I had heard that in high school, all of the classes were much harder and the variety was off the charts. I was excited, but when I got there, oh was I wrong. I cant take any of the classes that i want to take so that they actually count towards graduation but instead I can take biology... yay. All of the classes i want to take only count towards honors. I play the flute in band and when I heard that I had to give up every friday night to go to a football game and play, I was furious. Not only did we have to go, attendance at games was 60% of our grade. Tests on our ability to play the music was only worth 15% and there was no option to do concert band. Then, we had our first assembly. What i assumed was going to be a regular assembly turned out to be a session of forced worship towards our sportsball teams. Recently, our schools engineering academy entered a competition and won third out about 75 teams but were never recognized or congratulated, but when our sportsball teams won like 90th place out of 100, that was a big deal that deserved more public worship from the lowly peasants (non-popular/social/normal/socially acceptable) which make up the lower end of the hierarchy. This is a place where children go to learn and its being filled with more sports propaganda. Society should promote education but instead they reject it. WHY THE HELL IS GYM A CLASS. All we do in gym is play games which is another way that the "peasants" can be further punished for their lack of affinity for sports. If you want people to learn how to be fit, its not being taught in gym. Thank you for reading and support The Alexandria Hypothesis. ask me for details.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:45 am

IsaacClarke wrote:All my life, my goal in life was to become a physicist, but throughout, my elementary and middle school career, I was discontent with how dumbed down the lessons were. I had heard that in high school, all of the classes were much harder and the variety was off the charts. I was excited, but when I got there, oh was I wrong. I cant take any of the classes that i want to take so that they actually count towards graduation but instead I can take biology... yay. All of the classes i want to take only count towards honors. I play the flute in band and when I heard that I had to give up every friday night to go to a football game and play, I was furious. Not only did we have to go, attendance at games was 60% of our grade. Tests on our ability to play the music was only worth 15% and there was no option to do concert band. Then, we had our first assembly. What i assumed was going to be a regular assembly turned out to be a session of forced worship towards our sportsball teams. Recently, our schools engineering academy entered a competition and won third out about 75 teams but were never recognized or congratulated, but when our sportsball teams won like 90th place out of 100, that was a big deal that deserved more public worship from the lowly peasants (non-popular/social/normal/socially acceptable) which make up the lower end of the hierarchy. This is a place where children go to learn and its being filled with more sports propaganda. Society should promote education but instead they reject it. WHY THE HELL IS GYM A CLASS. All we do in gym is play games which is another way that the "peasants" can be further punished for their lack of affinity for sports. If you want people to learn how to be fit, its not being taught in gym. Thank you for reading and support The Alexandria Hypothesis. ask me for details.
I agree. School, depending on where you live, can be less than challenging. It's almost a crime that they don't support your natural interests and enthusiasm and help you grow intellectually. And it's actually bizarre that they would FORCE YOU to attend football games after school. And make it part of your grade?? That is fucking crazy and should be illegal!

I Hope We Lose!

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:48 am

OK, I am being ignorant here, but attendance for games is....counts toward grades? That is like....hell.
(I am perfectly fine with proper military training, but sports.... at the least with military training it might actually count towards something and you get taught some skills like repairing engines, radios, actually useful ways of training the body that counts towards daily life....sport is too specific and as always, it is 'just sports')

(If one wanted to push me, yes, I am pro-conscription, yes the thing I went through was not the most pleasant of things, but I believe universal conscription is actually useful. If executed correctly, will in fact be a tool of restraint precisely because ordinary citizens will be 'forced' to think about the usage of military force, because their own damn lives are also at stake; instead of pursuing hawkish policies and leaving the fighting to people where in an all-professional force tends to come from mostly disadvantaged backgrounds)
Long live Japan, and down with the DPJ.

FSR

Post by FSR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Being forced to listen to people drivel on about the latest game. Just when I start to talk about the stuff that interest me I get silenced fast. Don't talk about what happened in your circle of non sports friends just worship the star of the day.
People getting mad when I turn off the "Nightly Command Worship the Sports Star" AKA the news, "Look it's my time and my television set I'll watch what I please."
Family Gatherings where everyone is expected to affix their undying worship to the team the family declares as "our team."
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil:

Tee

Post by Tee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:45 am

This entire thread is true.