Sports brings out the worst in people

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Terminator

Sports brings out the worst in people

Post by Terminator » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:58 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I think sports cause a lot of hatred and anger. If you look at all these rivalries, you see people who actually hate these other teams. These sports fans are fucked up in the head for caring that much to begin with, as if it's a real life war or something. It's one thing if it's just for fun, but nothing good can come from wanting to beat someone else and not getting your way. Because if you lose your just going to be mad. It's just like war, all that hatred and destruction doesn't do anybody any good. There's some people out there that actually believe this builds character, I don't see that though, it just teaches selfishness, and wanting to get your way. That's why Jesus said the first will be last the last will be first. To warn people against competition and arrogance.

Ray
Site Admin

Re: Sports brings out the worst in people

Post by Ray » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:04 am

I think you're right!

I once saw a demographic for my state that charted the number of violent crimes in an area by color. The darker the color, the more crime in that area. And every area where there was a city sports arena or a high school football field was virtually black --because of the high amount of crime!

I Hope We Lose!

Millhouse
The Steamroller

Post by Millhouse » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1OzLM86v34

This says a lot about competitiveness with our children, and why sports is a massively nasty vehicle for bringing out the worst in people.
The Steamroller

SupremeSpiderman

Post by SupremeSpiderman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

It's stupid, my dad is always calling other teams miserable scum . They are so blinded by ignorance and hate that they fail to see it's just a game. Leaving their mouth agape when things fail to turn out their way

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:10 pm

SupremeSpiderman wrote:It's stupid, my dad is always calling other teams miserable scum . They are so blinded by ignorance and hate that they fail to see it's just a game. Leaving their mouth agape when things fail to turn out their way

yep. I once read that the entire human race is insane and the only people who realize it are the people who actually are insane. Maybe this sports insanity is just another manifestation of madness, a type we, as sports despisers, are fortunate enough to be able to glimpse. Use your super powers wisely Spiderman.

I Hope We Lose!