What's the point of training for sports?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Terminator

What's the point of training for sports?

Post by Terminator » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:23 pm

I don't get it why would anyone dedicate their life to sports, something that was intended for recreation. What exactly does the world have to gain from an athlete being great at a game. Take Michael Phelps for example he's a great swimmer and trains every day, but will anybody care about him or any athlete 100 years from now. Did he heal the sick and give sight to the blind, or save the world by being a fast swimmer. When I played sports as a kid I was pretty competitive and hated to lose, it was just emotion though, somehow I don't think I really ever though of sports as anything more important than any other recreational activity. I feel like I'm living in bizzaro world where everyone's fucked out of there minds or something.

Ray
Site Admin

Re: What's the point of training for sports?

Post by Ray » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 pm

All true. But I don't think too badly of the athlete... they found out they can make money doing what they like. I would do it too if it meant I could avoid working the traditional 9-5 for 30 years. But yeah... the people who care about the athlete's scam are pretty weird.

I see what the jock gets out of it --an angle to avoid working for a living. But what do the fans get out of it?

I Hope We Lose!