How about that boxing thing? How shit is that?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
DaveRaymond

How about that boxing thing? How shit is that?

Post by DaveRaymond » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:16 am

Basically, tempered murder. They crowd would love to see them kill each other, the participants would love to be having sex with each other. So so boring.

Ray
Site Admin

Re: How about that boxing thing? How shit is that?

Post by Ray » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:38 pm

DaveRaymond wrote:Basically, tempered murder. They crowd would love to see them kill each other, the participants would love to be having sex with each other. So so boring.

Yep, it is basically legalized murder...or attempted murder. My first thought was that it must be an avenue of stress relief for people who are prone to violence but unable to be as violent as they want due to laws. But is that true? Can people bottle up their rage until game day and then let loose? Probably not. It's more of a contest of skill and endurance.

I don't know what to say about it except I feel sorry for people who lack any skills at all and who must resort to this to make a living.

I Hope We Lose!

FSR

Post by FSR » Fri May 08, 2015 3:19 pm

The worst part is I was raised in family that loves this barbaric past time/ activity and I was forced to learn "the sweet science." Whoever came up with that should have faced the death penalty. :evil: I never had any hankering to beat on someone who has done me no harm or offered no insult. It is just another macho B.S method of jockism.
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil:

Banake

Post by Banake » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:07 am

Best thing about boxing: Muhammad Ali Cartoon! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDDmPPQaXk

Ex fan

Post by Ex fan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 am

Dude, boxing has become a greedy con. Sky Broadcasting charges people £ 15 for big fights now and anyone who wants to show it in public like a bar has to pay £ 250. To me, it's an anachronism of a sport, widely hated by the medical profession and large parts of the public who see it as primitive and barbaric, and, of course, controlled by greed and fixed fights. I used to watch it, but now like many other sports, I don't care.