Sports bring people together

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Terminator

Sports bring people together

Post by Terminator » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Isn't it funny when sports fans say that like somehow that makes it sacred or gives sports meaning or something. As if sports are the only thing that brings people together, not school or work or hanging out only sports.

Ray
Site Admin

Re: Sports bring people together

Post by Ray » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 pm

yeah, I heard the same thing about race relations: only SP0RTS bring the different races together and make everybody equal. I don't know where they get that.

I Hope We Lose!

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Yeh when they had those riots in baltimore a few weeks back, i saw them fighting with sports fans, you can see how well that game was bringing people together, like sports just have so much power you know. I was suprised on the news when the national gaurd got called in one of the baseball managers actually admitted it was just a game and there were bigger issues that needed the national gaurds security. They try to say that the olympics help national relations to like when america beat the soviet union in hockey. Because that really made the soviets love us or something, if anything it probably just pissed them off more. As if everything is just so simple and all the hatred in this world can be solved by us all trying to beat eachother at meaningless activities like who can run faster. Ask israel how well thats working out for them.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:27 am

yes, that's another good example of insanity: sports are the common ground that bring nations together and increase our cooperation. What a load of steaming dog logs!

I Hope We Lose!

IamTheSovereign

Post by IamTheSovereign » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:24 pm

The only thing it increases is the amount of cash in the pockets of the corporate windbags who force this crap down our throats relentlessly >_<

It also increases my hatred of jocks

Millhouse
The Steamroller

Post by Millhouse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:34 am

Yeah... sports brings people together, alright. Together for an event of zealous competitiveness, brawling on the field, probable brawling in the audience, screaming at the players and at each other, pointing the blame at someone that screws up and giving them self-esteem damage for life. Real good way to bring people together.
The Steamroller