Family day of sports worship

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
FSR

Family day of sports worship

Post by FSR » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:08 pm

It is that time of year when I am confronted with family reunion AKA family day of sports worship. Here is how it works. We gather at a park for breakfast and a late lunch. Immediately after breakfast the radios and TV sets are all tuned in for some sporting event. If someone desires a conversation as opposed to bowing down to the Jock gods it is met as follows: "OOK, OOk time for sports, not talk" and if one ignores the warning "OOK, OOOOK! I beat you now and everyone approve or I beat you next." They wonder why I don't attend this travesty anymore.
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil:

Ray
Site Admin

Re: Family day of sports worship

Post by Ray » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:02 pm

ha ha -wow- I can just picture a herd of zombies lumbering through the park and moaning spoooooooorts... sporrrrrrrrrrrtttttts......spoorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I Hope We Lose!

Millhouse
The Steamroller

Re: Family day of sports worship

Post by Millhouse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:38 am

Yeah and if you SAY why you don't attend that travesty anymore, you'll just be stigmatized as some killjoy. "Oh look, HE/SHE doesn't want us to watch sports during a family event, well BETTER TURN OFF THE TV THIS YEAR... SO-AND-SO WANTS TO RUIN EVERYONE ELSE'S NORDIC SCREAMFEST." (No offense intended to anyone of Nordic descent, I just didn't want to use the word Vikings, as unfortunately there IS a U.S. football team by that name, and I didn't want anyone to think I was referring to just them...I'm referring to all sports, everywhere, usually ;) )
The Steamroller