Just saying Hi

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Philip057

Just saying Hi

Post by Philip057 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi all

I am so happy to be here. I am married and it is my wife is the sports fan. I have two sons one takes after me and just hates sports and the other is like his mum totally into his sport.

I have hated it since childhood. And sad to say my Dad was a sports fanatic. So sadly me being the only son, I proved to be suck a disappointment to him.

It took me years getting over it. When I was young You were considered lower than shit if you were a male and did not partake and like sport. Imagine the issues that cause

I swore to myself that no son or daughter of mine would suffer the same fate as I did.

Now that I have that off my chest I will be come a normal human being in future

Ray
Site Admin

Re: Just saying Hi

Post by Ray » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:50 am

Philip057 wrote:Hi all

I am so happy to be here. I am married and it is my wife is the sports fan. I have two sons one takes after me and just hates sports and the other is like his mum totally into his sport.

I have hated it since childhood. And sad to say my Dad was a sports fanatic. So sadly me being the only son, I proved to be suck a disappointment to him.

It took me years getting over it. When I was young You were considered lower than shit if you were a male and did not partake and like sport. Imagine the issues that cause

I swore to myself that no son or daughter of mine would suffer the same fate as I did.

Now that I have that off my chest I will be come a normal human being in future
Welcome Philip057 and thanks for sharing. Many of us have had similar experiences. My dad was a sports nut too but I don't think I was ever expected to be one too. But I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to HATE them. :)

I Hope We Lose!

Philip057

Re: Just saying Hi

Post by Philip057 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:23 pm

For years I thought there was something wrong with me that I could not get excited about a game. Thank you for your kind welcoming comments