I work at a soccer club...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
theChanger

I work at a soccer club...

Post by theChanger » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm theChanger, newest member of the forum, and I'm an intern at an european sports club, working at the media department of the organization's soccer division. It is a medium club in my country, as the average game attendance is near 4000.

The reason I decided to work at a professional sports club is directly linked to what I want to study in College, which is video and photography production. I hadn't realised what I was getting into was the core of The Matrix until after I actually start to work there.

I must say it is not a paid part-time job, so there would be no financially speaking outcome if I took the option of just leaving the club.

Therefore, I have two options: whether I stay until the end of the season (roughtly 6 months) or I quit. If I stay, I'll be reminding myself that what I'm doing is wrong frequently (I can take it), but I'll gain work experience (and curriculum), because as I've explained, media is what I want to be involved in professionally.

What are your thoughts on this dilemma? Thanks for reading

EDIT: I would have posted in the soccer/football section, but my dilemma isn´t restricted to soccer

Ray
Site Admin

Re: I work at a soccer club...

Post by Ray » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:38 am

ooooh.. that's a tough one. I guess it depends on you and your personality and how much futball you can stomach. If you can stay separated from the mongoloids and work in private, why not? If you don't do it, someone else will.

Besides, being on the inside, you could be our spy and maybe even cause a blackout like what happened during our superbore last year.

And you're not alone. Many of the people who already work there don't like football. It's inevitable. Just because it's a soccer club doesn't mean everyone is a fan. It's just a business for them and a necessary evil.

I Hope We Lose!

Banake

Post by Banake » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Could you give more details? I'm curious. ^^

theChanger

Post by theChanger » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks for replying!
Actually I quitted, that's the advantage of working for free I guess :D

Not a good workplace + it's obsolete

I'll get other opportunities.