pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:58 am

I'm back

Banake

Post by Banake » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:44 pm

wibberley wrote:I'm back
Hi there. \o

wibberley

Post by wibberley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Well it's certainly good to be back .this time really am on my own as my wife and kids were killed in a freak yachting accident

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:53 pm

wibberley wrote:Well it's certainly good to be back .this time really am on my own as my wife and kids were killed in a freak yachting accident
I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

I Hope We Lose!

wibberley

Post by wibberley » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 am

However I have a good time being entirely uninhibited.Curiously no one at the church I attend ever expressed any sympathy whatsoever ,so I stopped going,although in the finish I was only going to support my wife .these days I continue to work long hours although callous to say it is incredible how much money I save without having to pour it out on the family.i find solace in playing the piano.i am able to attend to my hobbies in a way I couldn't do before.i have had offers of female relationships but I feel I have spent enough time before with that.i usually get out about once a month which is more than enough for me and only attend a fraction of the get together a I could attend I effectively have limitless resources and now employ a housekeeper

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Well, I am glad things are working out for you. Yes, wives spend a lot of money and maintaining a family is hella expensive. It's surprising when circumstances change like that and you wonder, why do I have so much money? And you realize how much was being spent here and there. It adds up quickly. But it sounds like you have a very rich life now, quiet with opportunities for interaction with others if you want/need it. The best of both worlds.

I Hope We Lose!

wibberley

Post by wibberley » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:47 am

Dear Ray I would just like to apologise for my previous comment.as I'm sure you will have guessed my family didn't die in a freak yachting accident but are all alive and well.i am fifty years old and in good health.i got married and had a boy and a girl which I feel is a success in itself,also the fact that I have got to fifty and am still alive ,which to many has been their lifetime ,dying even at that age of natural causes.both my parents are still alive which is a priveledge that was not afforded them when they got to my age.i have learned the piano to an advanced level(and am still taking lessons) which is something I am particularly proud of as I read of many famous people who wished they had learned the piano.in recent years I have enjoyed posting vitriolic trades on this forum denouncing sports but this is where the mistake comes in.although I despise sports with a passion I feel that whatever floats their boat then so be it.the problem arises is when we refer to other groups who don't fit into our spectrum of approval as "sad'.this is done by perceived boorish people(I e sports fans) as well as seemingly innocuous people like religionists who consider those outside their particular faith as "without hope'.i might be inclined to say that you need to dig into yourself to find happiness,but that is only because that has worked for me.i feel the bible has some very valid council for mankind but I feel much of what we can learn in getting along with one another can be learned from experience and learning to control our anger.if a person wants to lounge on their settee while cheering on the Reds while drinking cheap beer then that isn't sad for them.i think for me at least is to be true to oneself and not to agree with everyone else just to be seen to fit in but not to be beligerant when you disagree

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:14 am

wibberley wrote: i think for me at least is to be true to oneself and not to agree with everyone else just to be seen to fit in but not to be beligerant when you disagree
very well said. that is so profoundly true it should be engraved in stone somewhere. and no apologies are necessary. your occasional visits have been a great morale boost around here.

I Hope We Lose!

wibberley

Post by wibberley » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:58 am

I'm certainly glad I am considered a moral booster.Is the board as active as it used to be?

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:28 am

wibberley wrote:I'm certainly glad I am considered a moral booster.Is the board as active as it used to be?
I don't think so...with the success we've had in turning public opinion against sports we've sort of outlived our purpose.

Now it's widely acceptable to be indifferent to sports.

Now people freely dismiss and even disparage sports, in public, at work and in school without fear of being ridiculed or ostracized.

Our movement has spawned many websites that openly condemn sports and there's even a few anti-sports Facebook channels with enough members to fill several football stadiums!

We have driven the enemy so far underground and made liking sports so unpopular that cable TV has trouble finding an audience for it and now forces all its subscribers to subsidize sports programming. Which makes sports even more unpopular. It's an inescapable downward spiral for the sports industry.

Before long we will have rid the airwaves of their cancerous propaganda!

Our work here is done and you can all pat yourselves on the back. Good job!

Although not as active, this forum will live on as a testament to the dedication and efforts of our courageous men and women. Sports Suck!

I Hope We Lose!

Banake

Post by Banake » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:42 am

Is this article still on topic? I also dislike most pop music. =P