pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 pm

no 1981,i didnt mean that you were in your 40s. i was talking about a hypothetical situation.my ultimate statement is that whatever your situation it is just as good as any other.if your friends were still single you wouldnt feel inferior.but inferior to what.we are all inferior in one way or another in the same way that we are all superior in some things than other people.you 1981,you should rejoice in the possibility of spending a life of being a batchelor in the same way as you should rejoice at the prospect of getting married and having a family,it is all one and the same.do you see what i am trying to say,everything is subjective and relative,if you have your mind and health yiu have reason to rejoice.

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: pop music sucks

Post by i_like_1981 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Good post, wibberley. You're right, being single or in a relationship doesn't really mean good or bad either way - it's all about your personal wishes and opinions. I do enjoy quite a lot of aspects of the single life but at the same time, I can understand why those who have other people in their lives often seem more contented and stable. Having a wife and a happy family is a clear way of saying to other people "this guy is perfectly normal and safe" - not a completely accurate statement, as there have been plenty of psychos and nutters who were married men with families. Why, I see stories like this a lot in the news. And many single guys are perfectly normal people who will never do any harm to anyone and who lead fine lives. However, we live in a social society in which contact with other human beings is a hugely important part of life, and those who spend a lot of their time alone are often considered the "weirdos" and cast aside. An unfair stereotype, but this is life in a world where connection and contact are very important aspects of life.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

1500 POSTS! EXCELLENT!
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: pop music sucks

Post by Fat Man » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:08 pm

i_like_1981 wrote:Good post, wibberley. You're right, being single or in a relationship doesn't really mean good or bad either way - it's all about your personal wishes and opinions. I do enjoy quite a lot of aspects of the single life but at the same time, I can understand why those who have other people in their lives often seem more contented and stable. Having a wife and a happy family is a clear way of saying to other people "this guy is perfectly normal and safe" - not a completely accurate statement, as there have been plenty of psychos and nutters who were married men with families. Why, I see stories like this a lot in the news. And many single guys are perfectly normal people who will never do any harm to anyone and who lead fine lives. However, we live in a social society in which contact with other human beings is a hugely important part of life, and those who spend a lot of their time alone are often considered the "weirdos" and cast aside. An unfair stereotype, but this is life in a world where connection and contact are very important aspects of life.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

1500 POSTS! EXCELLENT!
Congratulations on your post # 1500!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
recovering_fan
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 am
Location: in my apartment :-)

Re: pop music sucks

Post by recovering_fan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 pm

i_like_1981 wrote:I do enjoy quite a lot of aspects of the single life but at the same time, I can understand why those who have other people in their lives often seem more contented and stable. Having a wife and a happy family is a clear way of saying to other people "this guy is perfectly normal and safe" - not a completely accurate statement, as there have been plenty of psychos and nutters who were married men with families. Why, I see stories like this a lot in the news. And many single guys are perfectly normal people who will never do any harm to anyone and who lead fine lives....
I think it's important to be connected to the rest of the world somehow, whether one has a family or simply belongs to a number of interesting clubs. When I went away to college, after my first year, I had no one.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with loners, in the sense that we aren't evil, violent people. However, there's a reason why solitary confinement is used as punishment in prisons. When you spend excessive amounts to time alone, depression often creeps into your mind.

--RF

PS--Congrats on your post-count. Halfway to a second thousand. I usually don't congratulate on multiples of 100, but multiples of 500 are another story. :wink:

wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

WELL ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL AND THAT YOU FOUND MY POST TO BE POSITIVE.Also nice to hear from fat man,although i would have preferred if he had actually said something.Regarding what the rest of society thinks'forget them.so-called loners and recluses are in actuality inceribly busy people .They often choose to be that way because they are fed-up with putting up with other peoples boring crap,which ,speaking for myself,the body of humankind,as a whole ,are incredibly dull and boring

User avatar
recovering_fan
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 am
Location: in my apartment :-)

Re: pop music sucks

Post by recovering_fan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Congrats on 100, wibberley. :)

wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

i dont care how many damn posts ive made,i want responses to them

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: pop music sucks

Post by i_like_1981 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:24 pm

wibberley wrote:They often choose to be that way because they are fed-up with putting up with other peoples boring crap...
Another very good point. Sometimes I like to think that I chose to remain single because I really could do without having to take a partner clothes shopping or anything like that, or having to put up with her nattering all day to friends... I don't like to think that people just exclude me from things because they're not interested in me, which is probably the most accurate reason. But I do find many people here in the UK to be predictable and sheepish, and the youth, I hear, are also very vain and easily motivated by popularity and social prestige. Being a socialite never really interested me much, but I would actually like to be a bit more popular and maybe even find a lady sometime. Maybe some so-called "loners" choose to be the way they are, and it is a rational choice, but for many it's not entirely voluntary... I should know, because that does kind of apply for myself.

Oh, and congratulations on 100 posts, wibberley. It feels like you've made an awful lot more. And I also like getting responses to my posts. Sometimes I feel like a real killer of conversation when I look back over the past topics and see how many of them have my name in the "Last Post" field. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

User avatar
recovering_fan
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 am
Location: in my apartment :-)

Re: pop music sucks

Post by recovering_fan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 pm

wibberley wrote:i dont care how many damn posts ive made,i want responses to them
Solicitude is completely wasted on some people. :lol:

wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Thank you for replying to my recent post 1981,that is the one regarding recluses become that way because they are fed up with putting up with other peoples boring crap.I have a work colleague who is 37 and lives with his mother and has no interest in his personal appearance.Also,there is a man who lives two doors away who also lives with his mother and has never had a girlfriend.Both these people i have great admiration for.Both of them are fully fulfilled and successful in their own way.In fact ,1981,sometime ago you posted a picture of a so-called"geek".the "geek" is a typically well-educated and informative and interesting person.THese are people i admire and want to associate with.As regarding yourself,1981, a man approaching 30,in a single state is in a very enviable situation.You say people consider you inferior because you are single .Why should you be so predjudiced.Are people of a different skin colour predjudiced,are people of a different religion predjudiced,are disabled people predjudiced?Simply put ,predjudice for not having a girlfriend is akin to racial predjudice.All the while i was single i was sniggered at and made fun of, now that i am married and have two children and have a mortgage and am constantly shelling -out for toys and computers and mobile phones and clothes etc. now,now i am accepted and taken seriously.It makes you laugh really,what a price to pay to be accepted by society.Please dont think for a moment that i am unhappy with my situation,i know for a fact that it is typical of many,but please 1981 i exhort you to think very long and hard about your situation and perhaps come to appreciate you may be in a more blessed position than you imagine

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: pop music sucks

Post by i_like_1981 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm

wibberley wrote:...but please 1981 i exhort you to think very long and hard about your situation and perhaps come to appreciate you may be in a more blessed position than you imagine
Oh, of course I can appreciate the fact that there are several benefits of being single. Living on your own is the closest you can come to being completely free - you can choose exactly what you want to do in your free time without having a partner around to influence your use of time. Now, call me selfish for saying that, say I'll never get a girlfriend, but it's true, because single blokes do have many doors open for them. The problem is, that by my age, the world generally expects you to have gone through a few of those doors and experienced what is inside them. I understand, wibberley, that compared to rather a lot of people in this world, I am in somewhat of an enviable position. To other people, I am in a situation that should be pitied. It is all down to the personal beliefs and expectations of an individual - what do they expect of a 29-year-old "nerdy" bloke who has rather a long history of exclusion and derision behind him? Nonetheless, wibberley, one day I do aspire to be in the situation that you and many other blokes are in - married and with a family. I often read in the papers how people in loving relationships enjoy better health, seem more contented etc. Living in such a world as we do, marriage is an ideal everybody should strive to, and I can see the benefits of it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:51 pm

w ell,1981,you are probably right,i didnt like being single and perhaps that was as much to do with an inate human desire for company of the opposite sex rather than just peer pressure.incidently, i would like to reiterate my absolute pathalogical hatred of all sports and anything sports related.incidently,the wife made me listen to the latest marty pellow that i bought for her,i could scarcely walk straight after listening to it

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: pop music sucks

Post by i_like_1981 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 am

wibberley wrote:incidently,the wife made me listen to the latest marty pellow that i bought for her,i could scarcely walk straight after listening to it
Was it really that bad? Modern music, you know. It does this to you. And I'm sure you know the best way to clear your head of it... :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

wibberley
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 pm

i havent been on here for a while,in fact i've onl come back just to say this;i cannot understand that people took exception to the things i said about sports people i.e.being nuked to hell,torn to pieces by police dogs,that sort of thing.i would have imagined that my remarks would have had me revered as some sort of champion of the cause,not being maligned and even banned from the board at one stage.fat man did,however, say he stood in the presence of greatness as he said i was more nutso and psycho than he could ever be ,and indeed, i am still glowing with pride from this remark.at present,i am reading the memoirs of the dowager duchess of devonshire whos elder sister was the late diana mosely,the most beautiful and principled woman who ever lived.i mostly describe my dislike of sports to my detractors quoting glen who on the guest book page said all sports fans should be put against a wall and shot.recently a colleague tried to get me into modern jazz.i returned his cds and replied that i would rather have pins stuck in my eyes than have to listen to that stuff again ,and that ,incidently,goes for all music after 1950.am i alienating people? am i? anyone is welcome to my home where they will be treated to a real film show , a demonstration of an acoustic gramophone and an edison phonograph,and also live piano music.one family who came recently said,after 45minutes that they had better be getting along as the clocks were being put forward an hour that evening and they didnt want to get to bed too late even though it was still only 7pm

User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: pop music sucks

Post by Skul » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 pm

wibberley wrote:fat man did,however, say he stood in the presence of greatness as he said i was more nutso and psycho than he could ever be ,and indeed, i am still glowing with pride from this remark.
:|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n0vBcW5fc
Love and Tolerance!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests