Introductions

Welcome, Mates! Post here for discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
JimmyJohns
Sports Bore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by JimmyJohns » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Moderator's Note: Earlier this evening I posted comments of my own inside this post of JimmyJohn's by unthinkingly using the edit function (which is given to me as a moderator) instead of posting my comments separately in a post of my own. I've since deleted all my comments and have posted them below (with revisions) in a separate post, but I couldn't remember how many times JimmyJohns had indented paragraphs in his post. So, I've guessed where he might have done so, probably more often than he actually did.

My apologies, JimmyJohns! :oops:


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





It's common to try and classify a dissenting opinion in a way to make it seem less valid. In this sense, you try and marginalize me by saying I am a child, around 14-17, to make it easier to ignore the meaning of my words.

You see, I played football until college, and graduated with a BS in biology, and am in Medical school, and anyone who takes half a psych class would have a field day calling you projectionists and say you associate sports with people who bullied you in your past.

I see you as nothing more than zealots of your opinion, much like the majority of America - unable to reason with the other side, as you are too afraid of changing your opinion because it will mean you were wrong.

Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:11 pm

[b][color=#FF00FF]JimmyJohns[/color][/b] wrote:When a man refuses to hear the words of another, and meets them with nothing but criticism and insults, that man has a closed mind, and refuses to educate himself.
Image

You were the first to start with the insults.

I refuse to hear the words of someone who calls me a leech when you don't know the circumstances of my life. You pass judgement on me before knowing the facts.

If you insult and criticize me, I will meet you with the same!

So, you are the one with the closed mind.

You came in here shooting from the lip.

Image

Sorry, but you FAIL!!!
Last edited by Fat Man on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 pm

[b][color=#FF00FF]JimmyJohns[/color][/b] wrote:You see, I played football until college, and graduated with a BS in biology, and am in Medical school, and anyone who takes half a psych class would have a field day calling you projectionists and say you associate sports with people who bullied you in your past.
Well, you were allowed to get and education because you are good at sports.

I was not allowed to go to school because I'm physically handicapped.

The first time I was kicked out of school was because I had failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium.

Never mind that I was passing all my other academic subjects such has, geography, history, social studies, and . . . SCIENCE AND MATH!!!

I was unable to climb the rope because of a crippled up left knee, the result of being in a car accident when I was a kid, but that made not difference to the PE coach. I was kicked out of school anyway.

Perhaps if you also had a crippled up leg, then you too would have been denied a decent education and would have been treated like a criminal.

So, fuck off and die already!
Last edited by Fat Man on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Introductions

Post by Earl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Fat Man, your post above was fine up to the last line. I understand how you feel, but let's try not to make the situation worse.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
HugeFanOfBadReligion
Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Introductions

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:23 pm

JimmyJohns wrote:You see, I played football until college, and graduated with a BS in biology, and am in Medical school, and anyone who takes half a psych class would have a field day calling you projectionists and say you associate sports with people who bullied you in your past.
LOL @ a medical student diagnosing people he has never met, over the Internet, as if he is a psychologist.

Your posts have been extremely vague and you are indistinguishable from a troll so far. Until you can prove me you are not a troll, I will view you as one.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Introductions

Post by Earl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 am

JimmyJohns wrote:It's common to try and classify a dissenting opinion in a way to make it seem less valid. In this sense, you try and marginalize me by saying I am a child, around 14-17, to make it easier to ignore the meaning of my words.
Where did I say you were a child? I didn't know what your age was. I merely touched upon the possibility that this new member, who had not given any information about himself, could be a child. I was inclined to believe that you were not an adult because most of the critics of this website, especially the abusive ones (which, incidentally, have been the majority), have been kids.

Now that you've chosen to divulge this personal information about yourself, I shall speak to you as a man. Up to this point, the tone of my posts has been ... well, not flippant, but jocular for the purpose of relieving the tension. I would be delighted to have a civil exchange with you, but that is entirely up to you. Remember, you know as much about me as I did about you when you first started posting here, which is not much at all.
JimmyJohns wrote:You see, I played football until college, ...
I have two close friends who played football in high school. One of them, a sociology professor named Don Sabo, also played football at the university where he earned his degree.
JimmyJohns wrote:... and graduated with a BS in biology, and am in Medical school, ...
Congratulations about your academic achievements! :) My brother-in-law is a radiologist.
JimmyJohns wrote:... and anyone who takes half a psych class would have a field day calling you projectionists and say you associate sports with people who bullied you in your past.
You have just accused me of trying to marginalize you (a false accusation), and now you seem to be trying to marginalize me. When did I mention bullying? I repeat, before you make assumptions about me, please ask me specific questions so that you may learn what I actually believe. You might be surprised.

By the way, since psychology is a less empirical "soft" science (as opposed to chemistry and physics, for example), I don't believe that all psychologists and psychiatrists are infallible in their pronouncements. Some of their views seem to change according to which way the wind blows, socially speaking. For example, when I was a boy, homosexuality was considered by the mental health profession to be a mental disorder; but today "homophobia" is considered to be such.
JimmyJohns wrote:I see you as nothing more than zealots of your opinion, much like the majority of America - unable to reason with the other side, as you are too afraid of changing your opinion because it will mean you were wrong.
Have you ever changed your opinion because you realized you were wrong, or have you always been right? Again, you seem intent upon marginalizing us.

If we are "nothing more" than individuals whom you dismiss, why have you bothered to visit this website (which, incidentally, has no influence or power over anyone -- except to personally insult a sports fan who may post here with honorable motives, which is something I've never condoned)? Your point of view is the completely dominant media view. We represent no threat to you or anyone else. So, why have you come here?

(There are a number of websites that represent particular mindsets and beliefs that I personally find to be abhorrent, but I have no desire to visit any of them. For example, during the early 1960s when she was a college coed, the John Birch Society attempted to blacklist my sister as a Communist with false accusations; but I'm not going to waste my time telling them off.)

What is your purpose? Are you a sensitive guy who objects to being negatively stereotyped (which is something I can understand), or are you here just for the purpose of building up your own ego by giving us a hard time? I make this inquiry not for the purpose of trying to put you on the spot, but for the purpose of trying to understand you. I obviously don't know and can't possibly know the answer unless you tell me or otherwise make your intentions known in the passing of time. If you would tell us why, we possibly could have an interesting exchange and might even arrive at an understanding.
JimmyJohns wrote:Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.
I have no problem with athletic scholarships.

Now, as to whether sports are harmless, first of all, I'm not concerned about games. I'm concerned about the culture associated with school sports that manifests itself in the way individuals are treated in certain situations. Seems to me that many fans, as well as some people on our side, fail to make a distinction between the action that takes place on the football field during a game and what takes place when a game is not being played. I think we have two sides that often talk past each other. Objecting to dishonorable conduct on the part of individual players, coaches, and fans is not meant to be regarded as -- and, in fact, is not -- a put-down of the game. There is no link. You don't "hate" something in which you've never had an interest. When sports fans equate criticism of off-the-field misconduct with badmouthing the athletic event, there's no point in even trying to talk about it.

At this point I'll just mention one or two issues I am concerned about; namely, the socialization and negative stereotyping of nonathletic boys and the role of sports in mandatory P.E. classes that offer no genuine fitness programs for nonathletic students, but are only centered exclusively around sports. You see, what I've just said indicates the need for you to not assume that you know what the views of each of us are regarding the culture of school sports. I respect what athletes do as athletes; but I refuse to put them all on pedestals, especially those individuals who (because of their own character flaws) are not deserving of admiration.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 am

JimmyJohns wrote:Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.
Oh, so you don't mind if parasites who can't read and write above the second grade level can get a free college education just for being athletically talented.

Hey, mother fucker!!!

When I was only in the third grade, I was already able to read and write at high school and adult level, but I got kicked out of school because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium, even though I was passing all my other academic subjects.

No, never mind that I had a crippled up left knee due to having been in a car accident.

Climbing a rope was considered more important than SCIENCE AND MATH!!!

So, you believe that the athletically talented should get a free education and leech of from our colleges, while those of us with physical handicaps are thrown out of school!

You're a real shit-bag!

FUCK YOU!

GO CRAWL INTO A SEWER, EAT SHIT, AND DIE!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
recovering_fan
Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 am
Location: in my apartment :-)

Re: Introductions

Post by recovering_fan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

JimmyJohns wrote: Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.
Yeah, if it weren't for sports, you might have to be academically talented to win scholarships to attend school.

User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Introductions

Post by Skul » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 pm

So, you post in the Introductions thread and don't make an introduction. Seems legit.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Your posts have been extremely vague and you are indistinguishable from a troll so far.
Hm. Good point, actually, HugeFan...
Love and Tolerance!

JimmyJohns
Sports Bore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by JimmyJohns » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:01 am

recovering_fan wrote:
JimmyJohns wrote: Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.
Yeah, if it weren't for sports, you might have to be academically talented to win scholarships to attend school.
They have those as well.

In fact, sports based scholarships are paid for by sports fans, and most sports programs bring in so much money they fund a number of new libraries, dorms, and classrooms. http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/22/most-v ... tball.html

The Longhorns brought the school an extra 92 MILLION dollars for them to use as they see befits students. Where would the college be with 92 million less a year? At the level of a community college.

JimmyJohns
Sports Bore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by JimmyJohns » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:17 am

Earl wrote:
1.Where did I say you were a child? 2.I was inclined to believe that you were not an adult because most of the critics of this website, especially the abusive ones (which, incidentally, have been the majority), have been kids.
"That is true. But it is also true that when a man (or, for that matter, a boy in high school or junior high)" Insinuates that I am not a man, yet only a child in high school or junior high. Part two of the quote just goes on to admit you thought I was a child.

You have just accused me of trying to marginalize you (a false accusation), and now you seem to be trying to marginalize me.
As seen above, you yourself admit you marginalized me in your mind by giving me the image of a child.
By the way, since psychology is a less empirical "soft" science (as opposed to chemistry and physics, for example), I don't believe that all psychologists and psychiatrists are infallible in their pronouncements.
You are right, and many people agree, myself included, that most conditions are either attributed too easily, or used to explain dickish behavior. Outside of the hard diagnosis of a number of certain psych problems (Schizo) I think most psych is baloney.
Have you ever changed your opinion because you realized you were wrong, or have you always been right?
Rarely, but my opinion on marijuana has changed over the years (never touched it myself)


"What is your purpose?" To argue my point in that I think you are wrong. Why surround yourself by agreeing opinions?
JimmyJohns wrote:Sports are harmless, they are a nice distraction, and provide not only a means of revenue to many colleges, but provide for free college for many people who are athletically talented, but too poor to attend school.
I have no problem with athletic scholarships.
Now, as to whether sports are harmless, first of all, I'm not concerned about games. I'm concerned about the culture associated with school sports that manifests itself in the way individuals are treated in certain situations. Seems to me that many fans, as well as some people on our side, fail to make a distinction between the action that takes place on the football field during a game and what takes place when a game is not being played. I think we have two sides that often talk past each other. Objecting to dishonorable conduct on the part of individual players, coaches, and fans is not meant to be regarded as -- and, in fact, is not -- a put-down of the game. There is no link. You don't "hate" something in which you've never had an interest. When sports fans equate criticism of off-the-field misconduct with badmouthing the athletic event, there's no point in even trying to talk about it.

At this point I'll just mention one or two issues I am concerned about; namely, the socialization and negative stereotyping of nonathletic boys and the role of sports in mandatory P.E. classes that offer no genuine fitness programs for nonathletic students, but are only centered exclusively around sports. You see, what I've just said indicates the need for you to not assume that you know what the views of each of us are regarding the culture of school sports. I respect what athletes do as athletes; but I refuse to put them all on pedestals, especially those individuals who (because of their own character flaws) are not deserving of admiration.
Ok, part of me in confused. Your first paragraph makes it seem that you think people do bad things off the field, and in their mind are still on the field? That they can't seem to disconnect themselves from a 60 minute match? Please clarify, because if it's about the allowing of bad behavior on the field - I can tell you from experience we have taxed our own teammates on poor conduct, dirty play, and disrespect - regardless where they directed it. If it's about the fact that people spend tons of money supporting their team or watching too much sports and neglecting other things in their lives - you can't legislate or seek to ban that. It's happened throughout history, where too much energy has been spent in one area of another.

The second paragraph - Yes, it is bad that people are looked down on for being weak, untalented, and uncoordinated. With the No Child Left Behind act, however, many high school gym programs have been cut. Child hood obesity is on the rise, and forced exercise through gym classes is something I support. I don't support running down fatty fatty boom ba latty and giving him a wedgie. On the other hand, this is one class that is done for usually 2 months out of the school year, and be default IS centered around sports, games, and physical activity.

On the other hand, people are looked down for on all sorts of reasons - Being too fat, being too poor, being too dumb, being into videogames, being unable to score a date - You can't pin that on an activity or a group of people, and then attempt to get rid of that. Because kids are bullied for not being popular doesn't mean you ban school dances - it means you attack the main issue - the kids bullying. If Joe is getting picked on in gym class for failing to catch a ball, attack the kids for making fun of someone who doesn't measure up in that area - don't attack the fact that there is a class that forces kids to get much needed exercise.

JimmyJohns
Sports Bore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by JimmyJohns » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 am

Here's a big FAT MAN post.
Fat Man wrote:
Well, you were allowed to get and education because you are good at sports.
No, I didn't play college ball, and infact got into Umass because I scored a 1370 on my SATs and had a 3.9 GPA. They had no interest in my sports playing.
I was not allowed to go to school because I'm physically handicapped.

The first time I was kicked out of school was because I had failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium.

Never mind that I was passing all my other academic subjects such has, geography, history, social studies, and . . . SCIENCE AND MATH!!!

I was unable to climb the rope because of a crippled up left knee, the result of being in a car accident when I was a kid, but that made not difference to the PE coach. I was kicked out of school anyway.

Perhaps if you also had a crippled up leg, then you too would have been denied a decent education and would have been treated like a criminal.
I don't believe these stories for a second, I believe you are blowing it out of proportion, and possibly omitting a LARGE number of details. No one gets kicked out because they didn't climb a rope. Maybe you didn't graduate because you didn't fulfill a credit. Maybe you blew up and told the teacher to fuck himself, maybe you dropped trou and took a shit on the floor - but you DID NOT get kicked out of school for failure to climb a rope.

There are federal laws against discriminating people with handicaps. My good friend I went to school with had MS, and wound up in a wheel chair, and yet still went to school. I have terrible back pain from a car accident - shit happens - don't use it as an excuse to stop.

In fact, why aren't you taking out a school loan and enrolling school now - you seem to like astronomy - get a degree in that, and get a job star gazing for a living.
So, fuck off and die already!
You sound like someone everyone wants to be around. I can't see why you got booted from school with such a pleasant attitude.
Oh, so you don't mind if parasites who can't read and write above the second grade level can get a free college education just for being athletically talented.
I take offense to that. I was in a math class with a fair number of the UMass lacrosse and football team - and they seemed really bright. Mind you, the people aiming for the NFL weren't taking a super hard course (Communications with a minor in sports management) but they did extremely well, were well read, and good people.
So, you believe that the athletically talented should get a free education and leech of from our colleges, while those of us with physical handicaps are thrown out of school!
Here's something I have a HUGE issue with. There is a VERY limited number of free ride scholarships for athletic students, in fact they trail far behind the amount of money given out on merit based scholarships. Also the NCAA makes a HUGE deal of money on these players, who can not even accept a free gift or they get tossed. One of the big issues is that the NCAA sold the TV rights for college football for huge bucks: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... 26-billion

That's 20 million a year that the schools make off the college athletes, 54 on a football team, only 11-14 per team getting a free scholarship. If anything, these student athletes make the college money to pay for science buildings and ridiculous staff salaries.

In fact, if the student is injured during a game and can't play, they lose out on everything.

What say you now - or are you just going to spew more bullshit rhetoric.

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Introductions

Post by Earl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:01 am

JimmyJohns wrote:As seen above, you yourself admit you marginalized me in your mind by giving me the image of a child.
Oh, please ... You sound like you're whining. Stop accusing me of being malicious. You're intent upon demonizing anyone and everyone who doesn't make a religion out of sports. We live in a society whose culture is saturated with sports, yet you obsess over the existence of a single obscure website that doesn't tow the line. I would agree that in some ways Fat Man is intolerant, but I have a feeling you're guilty of a fair amount of intolerance of your own.
JimmyJohns wrote:
Earl wrote:Have you ever changed your opinion because you realized you were wrong, or have you always been right?
Rarely, but my opinion on marijuana has changed over the years (never touched it myself)
You sound arrogant. Humility doesn't seem to be one of your strong points.
JimmyJohns wrote:"What is your purpose?" To argue my point in that I think you are wrong. Why surround yourself by agreeing opinions?
I now believe you're here to cause trouble and to troll (redundant, I know). You have immediately taken the position that I'm "wrong" without even taking the time to find out what my views actually are. I happen to be about the most moderate member here. I disagree with several statements and a particular image on the home page. As a matter of fact, earlier this evening I was even thinking that I might not even belong here, especially since I feel very strongly that athletes should be viewed as individuals, instead of succumbing to prejudice against them as a group. Oh, you claim you seek out websites with which you disagree so you won't surround yourself with "agreeing opinions"? I probably have been more open-minded on a whole range of issues than you, especially with your arrogant attitude that you're right all the time.
JimmyJohns wrote:Ok, part of me in confused. Your first paragraph makes it seem that you think people do bad things off the field, and in their mind are still on the field? That they can't seem to disconnect themselves from a 60 minute match? Please clarify, because if it's about the allowing of bad behavior on the field - I can tell you from experience we have taxed our own teammates on poor conduct, dirty play, and disrespect - regardless where they directed it. If it's about the fact that people spend tons of money supporting their team or watching too much sports and neglecting other things in their lives - you can't legislate or seek to ban that. It's happened throughout history, where too much energy has been spent in one area of another.
I wasn't talking about bad behavior on the field. I also don't give a rat's rear about how much time people spend watching sports. That's their business, and it's a matter of complete indifference to me. So, stop trying to put words into my mouth so you can turn me into a straw man for you to knock over.

I was referring to bad conduct by athletes, coaches, and fans off the playing field. A good example would be high-school football coaches (even principals) who have no problem with members of the football team bullying nonathletic students, or even encourage it. I mean cover-ups of possible rapes by players.

By the way, the real "sports haters" are all the enablers who corrupt school sports. Who do you think crippled the football program at Penn State? Did "egghead" professors or other people who aren't interested in sports cause this scandal, or was it people within the Penn State football establishment itself who brought about their own downfall? So, do you get upset with the enablers? No, you come to this website to be a pest.
JimmyJohns wrote:The second paragraph - Yes, it is bad that people are looked down on for being weak, untalented, and uncoordinated. With the No Child Left Behind act, however, many high school gym programs have been cut. Child hood obesity is on the rise, and forced exercise through gym classes is something I support. I don't support running down fatty fatty boom ba latty and giving him a wedgie. On the other hand, this is one class that is done for usually 2 months out of the school year, and be default IS centered around sports, games, and physical activity.
Somehow I doubt that school bullying is something that keeps you up at night. You seem to be about as empathetic and compassionate as a dead fish. You probably belong in the "blame the victim" crowd who say "Bullying is just part of life," "Bullying builds character," and "The victim brings it upon himself." I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you witnessed bullying yourself and condoned what happened, perhaps even joining in on the "fun."

I find your snotty attitude to be insufferable. I'm much more of a proponent of physical fitness than you could ever hope to be. I know what doesn't work and what does work for nonathletic boys because, unlike you, I've personally experienced both in my life; and I can tell you right now that I get more exercise in a single workout (bodybuilding) at my health club than I ever did in an entire year of mandatory "sports only" P.E., a class that was (and is) useless to nonathletic kids. Your ignorance of the different P.E. programs is quite evident. (Do a Google search on "PE4Life" to learn about an innovative program that works.) You probably made fun of the nonathletic boys in your P.E. classes. The truth is that high levels of fitness can be achieved without participating in sports. The fact that you would force nonathletic boys to participate in competitive team games in the setting of mandatory P.E. classes (almost always resulting in bullying) shows just how ignorant and possibly how cruel you are. You profess to be concerned about obesity in kids, all the while calling them "fatty"; yet you don't even know the sort of exercise fat people should do to lose weight.
JimmyJohns wrote:On the other hand, people are looked down for on all sorts of reasons - Being too fat, being too poor, being too dumb, being into videogames, being unable to score a date - You can't pin that on an activity or a group of people, and then attempt to get rid of that.
Again, instead of trying to have a civil dialogue with me, you're trying to put words in my mouth. I never said team sports should be taken out of the schools. I'm the tolerant one here; you're the one who's intolerant because you demand that all kids be forced to play sports. All that does is to teach them to fear coaches and athlete classmates (like you) and discourages them from becoming physically active later in their lives.
JimmyJohns wrote:Because kids are bullied for not being popular doesn't mean you ban school dances - it means you attack the main issue - the kids bullying. If Joe is getting picked on in gym class for failing to catch a ball, attack the kids for making fun of someone who doesn't measure up in that area - don't attack the fact that there is a class that forces kids to get much needed exercise.
Again, somehow I doubt that bullying is something that bothers you. I will tell you again, since you appear to be dense: Nonathletic boys don't get the exercise they need in the sort of mandatory "sports only" P.E. that you support instead of supporting innovative programs that actually work, such as PE4Life. You're not part of the solution; you're part of the problem. I've known your type quite well and your machismo for many years. You don't care about the physically unfit kids. You probably look down on them for not being athletes. You only care about sports. Nonathletic kids be damned!

I'll be frank with you. I don't like you. Not at all. You're an exasperatingly arrogant, close-minded "know it all" who expects -- no, demands that virtually everyone bow down before the idol of sports. You falsely accuse me of marginalizing you while you, in fact, marginalize us (viewing us as fools and worse), which makes you a hypocrite. I tried to reach common ground with you, but all you've done is to try to put words into my mouth. You obviously have no compassion or empathy for anyone who has lived outside the range of your own experiences and likes. The hurt others have experienced means nothing to you. I wonder if you're narcissistic.

Now you're probably thinking "Ha, ha, ha! He got mad; so, that means I won the argument!" No, not really. It only means that you exhausted my patience and angered me; and the reason why I've gotten angry is because you're the sort of unreasonable, unfeeling, close-minded, intolerant sports fan who makes me angry. And, frankly, I don't care what you think. Your opinion of me means nothing to me. If you were to run off in a snit and not post again, I wouldn't care. You're not worth my time. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Talk with the other members, if you please. Have your fun. I don't care. If this were A2K, you'd be a prime candidate for the "Ignore" function.

I have no interest in communicating further with you; so, don't even try.

Have a good day. And while you're at it, try to develop a little compassion.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Good afternoon Earl:

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Well, actually . . . . . I think you were still being a little too polite. :twisted:

JimmyJohns needs to have someone rip him a new one.

OK, and now, in response to Jimbo Bubba Booey Johnny Boy!!!
[b][color=#FF00FF]JimmyJohns[/color][/b] wrote:Here's a big FAT MAN post.
Fat Man wrote:I was not allowed to go to school because I'm physically handicapped.

The first time I was kicked out of school was because I had failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium.

Never mind that I was passing all my other academic subjects such has, geography, history, social studies, and . . . SCIENCE AND MATH!!!

I was unable to climb the rope because of a crippled up left knee, the result of being in a car accident when I was a kid, but that made not difference to the PE coach. I was kicked out of school anyway.

Perhaps if you also had a crippled up leg, then you too would have been denied a decent education and would have been treated like a criminal.
I don't believe these stories for a second, I believe you are blowing it out of proportion, and possibly omitting a LARGE number of details. No one gets kicked out because they didn't climb a rope. Maybe you didn't graduate because you didn't fulfill a credit. Maybe you blew up and told the teacher to fuck himself, maybe you dropped trou and took a shit on the floor - but you DID NOT get kicked out of school for failure to climb a rope.
Yeah, just like coach Sandusky didn't molest kids in the locker room at Penn State for over 12 years!

Uh huh! We get it. Things like that just don't happen in our schools! Right???

YEAH RIGHT!!!

And yes, I did get suspended from a school because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium.

This actually happened.

It was in grade school, when I was living in a small town up in Northern Minnesota.

I was the only kid who was unable to climb the rope in my gym class because of my crippled up left knee. I was unable to run, and I walked with a limp. Also, I was in constant pain because of my fucked up knee.

The other kids started laughing, and the PE coach grabbed me my the ear and twisted it, and took me to the principal's office.

The principal said that I was suspended from school. I protested, because I thought it was unfair to be suspended for failing to climb a rope, especially since I was passing all my other academic subjects.

Then, the principal gave me either one two choices.

1.) Being suspended and sent home to my parents.

2.) If I refuse the suspension, then I would be locked up in a closet over night, and the authorities would come in the morning and take me to the detention facility in Red Wing.

So, I chose to be sent home to my parents instead.

And, yes . . . . . THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!

I'm not making this up! Yes, I know it sounds unbelievable, but you can't make this shit up.

Bizarre things do happen.

Perfect example: Look what's happening in America today! Thanks to all those drooling moronic anti-science fuck-tards in our Republican party, America has become a parody of itself. I heard that MAD Magazine might fold, because they can't figure out how to do a parody on something in real life that is already a parody of itself. How can you do a parody of a parody?

Anyway . . . . .

Because of our good ol' American sports culture, blackmail and extortion is justified.

Oh! And kids get raped by the coaches! (See Penn State Scandal)

The following year, I had a teacher who was obsessed and really super Gung-Ho about PE and sports. One day, we were playing basketball, and the ball slipped out of my hands. My teacher pick up the ball, and punched me in the stomach as hard as he could. I nearly blacked out. It seemed like forever before I could breath again. He could have easily fractured my ribs. As it was, my ribs were sore for about a week afterwards.

Then, one day, as our class was getting books from the school library, I saw this Astronomy book I wanted, and my teacher would not allow me to check it out. He allowed all the other kids to check out any book they wanted, but I was not allowed to check out the book I wanted.

We got into an argument over it, and he dragged me out into the hallway, and pushed me back, bashing me head against the corner of the concrete block wall.

The following year, that teacher was fired, and could not get a teaching job anywhere else after that, but for me, the damage was done.

I nearly black out. I had a severe concision to the back of my head. I was 11 years old at the time, and for years afterward, during my teenage years, I had headaches and dizzy spells.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED! I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP!

Yeah! When I was in my teens, may favorite drink was Alka Seltzer on the rocks with a twist of lemon in it for my head aches.

As I got older, the headaches and dizzy spells became less severe and less frequent.

Oh! You would really love that small town up in Minnesota where I had lived!

I was 13 before our family moved down to New Mexico.

Yeah! You would really love that little town!

My 5th grade teacher was an arsonist! Yeah! That's right! Before coming to Minnesota, he had lived in Michigan and taught in a small two-room school house out in the country, and he was responsible for a fire there.

And, being a small town, we had a sheriff, a deputy, and only one cop. Our only cop, before coming to my home town, had been a cop in St. Cloud, and he was kicked off the police force after he had beaten and raped a 12 year old girl.

So, an arsonist was able to get a job as a school teacher, and a scum-bag pedophile and child rapist was able to get a job as a cop in my town.

But, I get kicked out of school for failing to climb a rope!

Yeah! A really nice town! It was a creepy sort of town, just like the small New England towns depicted in many Stephen King novels.

We had some really creepy people in that town. The only thing we didn't have were a clown living in the sewers, or Tommy Knockers!

Oh! But there's more!!!

It was bad enough putting up with the bullies in my neighborhood. Some of them were involved in a crime against an elderly person.

OK, it was one of those small railroad towns. We would get these hobos coming in off the freight trains. They would look for work, and move on. But, we had one who took up residence in an abandoned old shack out in the woods outside of town. He never bother anybody and kept to himself. He would come into town looking for odd jobs, like shoveling the sidewalks during the winter months, or doing some yard work for someone during the summer months, and return to his shack.

Anyway . . . . . some of the punks from my neighborhood ganged up on the old man, beat the crap out of him, and burned down his shack.

Those punks were never held accountable for their actions. They got away with it!

Oh! But I get kicked out of school because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium!

You know what???

I'm really getting sick and tired of having to repeat this stuff over again for every moronic sports-tard who comes into these forums, to register for a new user name, just for the sole purpose of harassing me!

Well, I suppose I should be flattered!

Or, perhaps, because I'm the most outspoken member and critic on these forums, with the highest number of forum posts, you moronic sports-tards must feel threatened by my presents on an obscure, insignificant, and pettily little Internet forum.

Uh huh! You all must feel threatened by my presence here.

Like, I have the ability to destroy the world of sports!

YEAH RIGHT!!! Like, don't I wish!!!

You're the third person so far, in this past year, who has come in here wearing a tin-foil hat, having some kind of delusional and paranoid conspiracy theory in (mind?) that I'm a threat to sports, so, you fuck-tards just come in here to call me a disgrace to humanity, or whatnot.

GET A LIFE!!!

Anyway . . . . .

Back on topic . . .


When I was in high school, my so-called "science" teacher was also the school's football coach, who was too damn busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons, so he couldn't be bothered with teaching science in the classroom.

So, instead, he would set up the movie projector, then turn off the lights, and go out the door, leaving us all in the dark to watch stupid cartoons.

Yeah! I went to some really crummy schools and had some really shitty teachers!

Oh! And before you get on my case about being too fat, and how sports and PE are necessary to combat obesity, when I was a kid in grade school, I was not overweight yet. It was during my teenage years when I started getting overweight.

Also, competitive sports in NOT the only way to get exercise.

When I was a kid, during the summers I enjoyed riding my bicycle and swimming. I also liked hiking out in the woods, even though my left knee would hurt, and I walked with a limp, I still liked hiking in the woods.

And when our family moved down from Minnesota to New Mexico, I loved hiking out into the desert to bring back cactus for my cactus garden.

So, there are far better ways to get some exercise rather than sports and chasing a ball like a retarded little puppy dog!

Our family went on camping trips. We went to places like, The Black Hills of South Dakota, the Badlands, Devil's Tower in Wyoming, The Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone National Park. And I enjoyed hiking on the designated nature trails.

Yeah! Really fun places and things to do to get some exercise.

So, you just go ahead and bounce a ball out in your back yard behind your single-axle trailer home like a retarded Kindergartener, while more intelligent people go out exploring!

You know what?

We really don't have to marginalize you, and present you as an image of a child!

You really are just a child! You're a punk!

Yeah! You come in here and drop trou, only to show us that you have nothing down there, except for your shitty diaper!

So, years from now, after you have finally been toilet trained, when you're standing at the urinal, remember, don't bother to read the graffiti on the walls!

The real joke will be in your hand!

So, in the meantime . . . . .

Hit the road jack, and don't come back!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Introductions

Post by Earl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh, wow ... Hey, gang, guess what ... I overreacted. I actually lost my temper. :| I became overly emotional and made nasty assumptions right and left.

I shouldn't take this stuff so seriously. He was just some kid ...

Yes, JimmyJohns, I realize you're not a "child" in the age range from however young you said to 17 years of age. But, hey, I'm 62 years old; and I've got a child enrolled in a university and an older one who graduated from said university about three years ago. So, to me you are just a kid! (No offense intended, as they say.)

Here's a good board messaging rule to follow: Don't post when you're in a bad mood and you've stayed up to the middle of the night when your thoughts aren't clear. If you're mad over what someone has posted, sleep on it.

Here's another rule: A new member suspected of being a troll should not be communicated with by means of "mini-essays." Responses should be as brief as possible and to the point. And at all times a sense of humor should be maintained because it just isn't worth it to get mad. It's just one powerless person speaking to another. Also helps to develop a thicker skin and not take things so seriously.

Ordinarily, I'd apologize to JimmyJohns, except I suspect that he is (or was) a troll. Either way, who cares? :?



:mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest