Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Polite24
Sports Bore
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Polite24 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:15 pm

TV stations do whatever they can to help them gain ratings.

User avatar
Sergey
Member
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Sergey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Polite24 wrote:TV stations do whatever they can to help them gain ratings.

Since they are also sports jocks?
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!


The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!


Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Image

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Millhouse » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Polite24 wrote:TV stations do whatever they can to help them gain ratings.
That may be true, but it is also irrelevant. From a moral perspective based on what we talk about on this website, getting TV ratings doesn't make sports the right or wrong decision.

Try again.
The Steamroller

Polite24
Sports Bore
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Polite24 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:53 pm

In terms of this thread and what I was replying to it's very relevant.

Football games get very good ratings, thus why shows and things like that are bumped or cut short because of them.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Fat Man » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Polite24 wrote:In terms of this thread and what I was replying to it's very relevant.

Football games get very good ratings, thus why shows and things like that are bumped or cut short because of them.
Oh I see!

So because they think football is better than a good movie, the movie gets pre-empted and knocked off the air for football.

But a football game is NEVER pre-empted for any reason.

That's because we are all afraid of what would happen it is was. We are all intimidated by the big bad monkey-boys and the redneck sports bores who can't read beyond the second grade level and can't even keep their pants from falling half-way down on their butts!

We are all afraid of you, because we all know that if a football game were to be pre-empted, there would be rioting and mass murder in the streets.

But they are not afraid to pre-empt Star Trek, because they know that we Star Trek fans are nonviolent and would never riot in the streets because of it.

So, it's safe to walk on us.

But anybody who even looks at a sports fan or a monkey-boy the wrong way, would get his head ripped off and shoved up his ass, and his sisters and daughters would get raped, and there would be no conviction because our prosecutors and judges are too fucking chicken-shit to send a monkey-boy to prison.

Oh! And we can forget about the ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union protecting our rights because they are too fucking busy defending NAMBLA pedophiles, and anybody who now speaks out against pedophiles is now charged with a "hate crime" and sent to prison.

So, we have to let monkey-boys have their way with our sisters and daughters and wealthy NAMBLA pedophiles have their way with our children!

I like good movies, good music especially classical, and I enjoy the smell of roses.

But you sports fans like that which is ugly and repulsive. You're all a bunch of poop-sniffers as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to sports, there is no difference between a TV and a toilet!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Millhouse » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Polite24 wrote:In terms of this thread and what I was replying to it's very relevant.

Football games get very good ratings, thus why shows and things like that are bumped or cut short because of them.
I consider very little of what you assert to be relevant, Sunshine. You (thank God) do not represent the opinions of the rest of us.

It gets good ratings because people are sheep when it comes to it. They could be drawn in by a number of other things, but football keeps the animal meatlumps in line and pacified into submission, doesn't it?

The truth is, I don't give two twats about what's on TV and what isn't, that's what I have a DVD player for. What I DO care about is the noise pollution these raving animals spew into the atmosphere and my personal space while I'm enjoying a good book. What I care about is the fact that I cannot be left alone because I don't choose to partake in their animalistic ritual of screaming, yelling, belching and farting at the television. What I care about is that I am constantly hounded for not being prone to the same behaviour.
The Steamroller

Polite24
Sports Bore
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Polite24 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Fat Man wrote:
Polite24 wrote:In terms of this thread and what I was replying to it's very relevant.

Football games get very good ratings, thus why shows and things like that are bumped or cut short because of them.
Oh I see!

So because they think football is better than a good movie, the movie gets pre-empted and knocked off the air for football.

But a football game is NEVER pre-empted for any reason.

That's because we are all afraid of what would happen it is was. We are all intimidated by the big bad monkey-boys and the redneck sports bores who can't read beyond the second grade level and can't even keep their pants from falling half-way down on their butts!

We are all afraid of you, because we all know that if a football game were to be pre-empted, there would be rioting and mass murder in the streets.

But they are not afraid to pre-empt Star Trek, because they know that we Star Trek fans are nonviolent and would never riot in the streets because of it.

So, it's safe to walk on us.

But anybody who even looks at a sports fan or a monkey-boy the wrong way, would get his head ripped off and shoved up his ass, and his sisters and daughters would get raped, and there would be no conviction because our prosecutors and judges are too fucking chicken-shit to send a monkey-boy to prison.

Oh! And we can forget about the ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union protecting our rights because they are too fucking busy defending NAMBLA pedophiles, and anybody who now speaks out against pedophiles is now charged with a "hate crime" and sent to prison.

So, we have to let monkey-boys have their way with our sisters and daughters and wealthy NAMBLA pedophiles have their way with our children!

I like good movies, good music especially classical, and I enjoy the smell of roses.

But you sports fans like that which is ugly and repulsive. You're all a bunch of poop-sniffers as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to sports, there is no difference between a TV and a toilet!
Good theory, but no. Things are pre-empted for football because it gets very high ratings, and the goal for a network is to get high ratings and have people watch their channel.

Poop-sniffers? I could have swore you graduated from elementary school over 50 years ago.

You keep talking about how we let "monkey-boys" have their way with our sisters and daughter, and you couldn't be more off base. I don't care what rape cases involving athletes there have been, because it's irrelevant to what goes on an everyday basis. The mothers and daughters, as you like to put it, are the ones LETTING the athletes have their way with them.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Fat Man » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Polite24 wrote:You keep talking about how we let "monkey-boys" have their way with our sisters and daughter, and you couldn't be more off base. I don't care what rape cases involving athletes there have been, because it's irrelevant to what goes on an everyday basis. The mothers and daughters, as you like to put it, are the ones LETTING the athletes have their way with them.
Excuse me, but I would call being raped allowing somebody to have his way!

Rape is what is being forced on someone!

And rape is not irrelevant to this discussion on why football sucks, when it fact, it is another reason why football sucks!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Earl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 pm

The point Fat Man was trying to make is that college football players frequently are not held accountable for the way they treat others off the playing field. (The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is one exception that I know of.) The football coach's main concern is to keep his job by having a winning season. Why would he care if one of his players hurt someone off the playing field, especially someone who is a nobody? A star player must be allowed to play so the team will win. Many of the football fans (not to mention the alumni groups!) don't care if any of the players commit rape or other crimes. Their only concern is that their team win football games, because that is what they desire above all else. The University of Nebraska football program under Coach Tom Osborne had a team of lawyers ready to defend any player accused of committing any crime, including rape. The team roster read like a rogue's gallery. In the mid-1990s on a TV program that exposed the corruption in that football program, a reporter tried to interview one of those attorneys, who scurried off like a cockroach to the nearest dark corner. (Incidentally, a friend of mine, a former college football player who became a sociology professor, was involved in the production of that investigative report.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Polite24
Sports Bore
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Polite24 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Fat Man wrote:
Polite24 wrote:You keep talking about how we let "monkey-boys" have their way with our sisters and daughter, and you couldn't be more off base. I don't care what rape cases involving athletes there have been, because it's irrelevant to what goes on an everyday basis. The mothers and daughters, as you like to put it, are the ones LETTING the athletes have their way with them.
Excuse me, but I would call being raped allowing somebody to have his way!

Rape is what is being forced on someone!

And rape is not irrelevant to this discussion on why football sucks, when it fact, it is another reason why football sucks!
Football players raping girls is something that is extremely rare, while girls wanting to have sex with a football player because he plays football or because he has money is something that happens allll the time.

Don't make out the "mothers and daughters" to be victims, when they're the ones who want it.

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Fat Man » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Earl wrote:The point Fat Man was trying to make is that college football players frequently are not held accountable for the way they treat others off the playing field. (The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is one exception that I know of.) The football coach's main concern is to keep his job by having a winning season. Why would he care if one of his players hurt someone off the playing field, especially someone who is a nobody? A star player must be allowed to play so the team will win. Many of the football fans (not to mention the alumni groups!) don't care if any of the players commit rape or other crimes. Their only concern is that their team win football games, because that is what they desire above all else. The University of Nebraska football program under Coach Tom Osborne had a team of lawyers ready to defend any player accused of committing any crime, including rape. The team roster read like a rogue's gallery. In the mid-1990s on a TV program that exposed the corruption in that football program, a reporter tried to interview one of those attorneys, who scurried off like a cockroach to the nearest dark corner. (Incidentally, a friend of mine, a former college football player who became a sociology professor, was involved in the production of that investigative report.)
Well said Earl!

I could not have possible said it better myself.

Polite24 keeps asking for specific examples, and you keep coming up with perfect examples, so you have more knowledge of jock crimes than I have.

You are obviously in the know.

I once had a web site with Angelfire that was called The Nerds And Geeks Emporium and I had a page that was titled The ACLU Hall Of Shame, and it gave a very long list of crimes committed by athletes and how many of them received either no sentence for their crimes or a very light sentence.

It was copied from another web site with the same title, now defunct, and Anglefire shut down my web site because they received complaints from athletes or coaches who were offended by what I had to say about jocks and their crimes, so my web site is also defunct.

Just like Orwell's 1984 where documents are chucked down the "memory hole" to be destroyed and forgotten like it never happened.

I once had a copy of the web page in my computer files, but I had a hard drive quit on me, and it was lost for keeps!

When I was in school, I was once suspended because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium. I have always been a law abiding citizen, but the petty little mistake I made in school are on my record, and can be held against me for the rest of my life.

Yet monkey-boy rapes somebody's sister or daughter and it's forgotten about as if it never happened. All records of jock crimes go down the Orwellian memory hole to be forgotten forever.

Also, witnesses to jock crimes are often intimidated to be silent, and some families have even been forced to move out of town after bringing rape charges against some monkey-boy.

The USA is a Fourth World Banana Republic patrolled by monkey-boy-goon-squads!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!
Contact:

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Fat Man » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Polite24 wrote:Football players raping girls is something that is extremely rare, while girls wanting to have sex with a football player because he plays football or because he has money is something that happens allll the time.

Don't make out the "mothers and daughters" to be victims, when they're the ones who want it.
Oh, I sure there are plenty of gals who would love to get laid by some monkey-boy because he has a lot of money. I don't deny that.

But rape is NOT extremely rare. It is actually more common place than most people realize.

Sorry JIMBO, but most women prefer a human male and have no desire to get banged by a gorilla or a trained ape who rolls over and does tricks in a sand box!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!
Image

Image

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Earl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 am

Polite24, you say that football players committing rape is "extremely rare." The problem with your assertion is that rape is often not reported, and I can see why. Rape is a crime in which the victim is put on trial. Some rape victims prefer to not be raped again by the defense attorneys. I know this is a difficult situation legally, and I'm not a student of the law. So I don't know exactly how rape cases should be dealt with in the courtroom. But just because the accused is not convicted doesn't mean that a rape did not actually take place. I don't mean to be disrespectful to you (and I know in my own heart that I'm not being disrespectful), but I think you need to do some research first about the problem of rape in general and then about the controversy we're talking about here. Whether rape by high-school and college football players is "extremely rare" (which I think is an understatement) or more common is beside the point. The point is that athletes accused of rape are far less likely to be convicted than nonathletic men accused of rape. The statistics are available to back up the assertion I just made. I referred to reference materials in one of my posts on Page 4 of the Topic "Banning PE," one of which is the website address for the National Coalition Against Violent Athletes ( http://www.ncava.org ). I would also add Our Guys by Bernard Lefkowitz. I haven't actually read the book, but I know what it's about. You should read it. It's about a particular case. I think it would be an eye-opener for you. There's actually plenty of reference materials you can study to be informed on this issue. Whether you take the opportunity to become well-informed on this issue or not is up to you. Kathy Redmond, the founder of the NCAVA, has claimed that the University of Nebraska football player Christian Peter raped her. There was an out-of-court settlement between her and Peter or the unversity (I forget which). Since Redmond has gone public with her website and her public stance in support of women who have made accusations against individual players, she has been subjected to vicious persecution. She continually receives hate mail, including death threats; and her car has been vandalized three times, the last I heard. (By the way, I wonder who has been threatening her life. Would they be sports haters?) The constant persecution she has endured validates her claims. If she had lied about Peter, she would have given up her cause a long time ago, because the persecution would simply not be worth the trouble. I know that I would not be willing to endure persecution for a lie.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Polite24
Sports Bore
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Polite24 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

You guys have nothing of substance to back up the fact that football players raping girls is common, you have one isolated case and the rest of it is just BS.

Football players, for the most part, don't need to rape girls. They can get them just fine on their own.

Millhouse
The Steamroller
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by Millhouse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Polite24 wrote:You guys have nothing of substance to back up the fact that football players raping girls is common, you have one isolated case and the rest of it is just BS.

Football players, for the most part, don't need to rape girls. They can get them just fine on their own.
Well, this is what you get when your entertainment medium of choice is football. Because it's popular, as you put it, over and over again. The media lambastes each and every one of them when it happens. Why? Because they're 'heroes'. They're supposed to be making a good impression on today's young people.

Actually, the media probably bolsters a few of them to 'badass' status with impressionable youth.
The Steamroller

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest