Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
xray

Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

Post by xray » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I know alot of people who spent tons of money going out and wasting there hard earned money during these tough financial times just to cheer on a losing Philadelphia football team.Sure they may have injected money into the economy by feeding the already fat cats that prey on the ignorant sports fan but those kids and wives will suffer later in the month because Daddy spent too much money having a football party or sitting at the bar yelling like a maniac at a football team of millionaires while they followed whatever choreographed orders from the fat cats in the owners box relayed to the field for their financial benefit.Why elese would they pay these overgrown undereducated poor speaking bad rolemodels to our children for.This is a farce none of our kids from the neighborhood will ever go pro.Just false dreams injected into the population to spur sales of "authorized " sports products like Official shirts and balls. I wish families would take that kind of time to inject good solid work habits into our kids so they are not burdens on society later.Who cares if they can catch a ball!! Can the kids spell or balance their checkbook or have the ability to speak to another person without looking like a fool.Alot of kids dont because they are ushered through school on a sports wing just because they can chase a stupid ball.And a note to the eagles fans Dont cry when you run tight on bill money later in the month becasue its your fault not the economy .You pissed the money away! Should have taken your kids to a museum or a nature walk and learned something worth while!!

Detroitsportsfan08
Sports Bore

Re: Sports are fixed and hurt the economy

Post by Detroitsportsfan08 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:31 pm

replied to this post in the main forum already, so I have just one thing to say.

How are sports fixed? Please explain in detail.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:52 pm

I think what he was saying was that sports are an artificial opiate. They pacify the masses and give them hope when in reality sports are a hollow facade whose sole purpose is to make money for rich people and corporations. And only fools would pay to watch other guys throw a ball around and have fun.

I Hope We Lose!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:26 pm

During the decline of the Roman Empire, before it's eventual fall, the ruling class offered the peasants free bread and circuses, meaning the opportunity to watch violent sports for entertainment.

Learn from history, and notice how civilizations, before they fall, the people become more and more obsessed with violent sports.

Look at what's happening today. Look how fans react violently when their favorite team loses the big game of the season.

They even riot in the streets after their favorite team wins.

Bread and circuses anyone???
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

old4wdguy

Post by old4wdguy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:13 am

Excellent summation Ray.

I have never understood the fascination with people paying to watch others play kid's games.

Once upon a time, I had a sports wacko boss in TV production land when I was in the business. If you didn't worship the faux religion of sports and him, life on the job wasn't so hot.

It didn't matter that I proved that I could do the job of three people routinely. Being a veteran didn't score any points either. He almost got himself and the agency sued for that bit by me.

Some of his other brilliance involved trying to make a public TV network into a mini-espn. Easy good paying freelance gigs for his pals that worked was another angle.

He sold it to us working slobs as a way to get into high paying freelance gigs. Several of us knew that was a lie. Getting those is by invitation only. Outcasts and mere plebes need not bother. Of course , we would get our normal joke salary, weekends screwed, schedules arranged for no comp time all for the glory of high school and no name college ball.

I got out of them by scheduling vacations, doctor's appointments, medical procedures around them. My scheduling system account was never disabled.

I eventually escaped to private industry. The sports imam got an even fatter government job at a university as a bigwig broadcast sports manager. Nice to know my tax money is well spent.

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 pm

old4wdguy wrote:Excellent summation Ray.

I have never understood the fascination with people paying to watch others play kid's games.
Welcome to the forum.
I agree. And now that soccer has been exposed as being "fixed" in Europe (if I understand it right), it's even harder to understand. Because it's probably crooked here too.

I Hope We Lose!

FSR

Post by FSR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:10 pm

I refuse to spend one cent of my money on sports, official sports garbage. I forbid sports to be watched in my home on my television that I paid for. My family whines and cries that I have no sports trash cluttering up my home. I do not have any official team jacket or hat. These people spend thousands to attend sporting events yet yell at me for buying a fifty dollar role playing game book and having friends over for a meal and a game. I believe sports are meant to divide people and yes they hurt families.
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil:

Ex fan

Post by Ex fan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:47 am

I don't know about America, but in Britain some sporting events now have an extra charge people have to pay to watch them. I was in a bar last night and the landlord decided to buy a boxing fight. He had to shell out £ 200 for something most people weren't interested in. It just seems now sports are a money making racket and in the case of football( soccer), it never seems to stop.