Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Can't stand people who pay to watch other people having fun? Welcome home, comrade!
User avatar
SPORTS ROCK.
Sports Bore
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:54 am

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by SPORTS ROCK. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:56 am

Sergey wrote:
SPORTS ROCK. wrote:
blackdog4444 wrote:Yea. Hell, I'm in rounder fatter shape than most of the sports loving kids at my school... and that's just sad because I only eat things because I'm greedy and cant go without junk food [which i love!]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:


Dont be so mean you basterd. Your upsetting me too u know. :cry:
Dont worry, mommy will give you a tissue. :lol: She may take u to McDonalds as well.

What a bunch of lifeless clowns. :lol:

User avatar
Earl
Member
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: somewhere in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by Earl » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:41 pm

You say that most athletes are tolerant and kind. But by reacting the way you do towards Sergey and blackdog4444 instead of engaging in a critical but respectful exchange (as Polite24 and SportsGuy92 have done), you run the risk of giving us the impression that you are not kind and tolerant, but actually conform to the negative stereotype. Just a thought from someone who means well.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
blackdog4444
Member
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: New York, United States
Contact:

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by blackdog4444 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:13 pm

The only lifeless clown is the one that sits in front of the TV yelling at it as if it was his ex-wife. Or make-believe ex-wife at this rate.

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by i_like_1981 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Earl wrote:You say that most athletes are tolerant and kind. But by reacting the way you do towards Sergey and blackdog4444 instead of engaging in a critical but respectful exchange (as Polite24 and SportsGuy92 have done), you run the risk of giving us the impression that you are not kind and tolerant, but actually conform to the negative stereotype. Just a thought from someone who means well.
This guy is not worth "meaning well" to, Earl. He doesn't want to understand how we feel, he just wants to insult us. Sports have taken too much of a hold on this guy's mind and they have coerced him into believing those who don't like them are inferior to him and should be harassed. That way, he thinks, he will make us see the error of our ways for not being into sports and perhaps we shall start liking them to avoid his insults and make him agreeable. That is called "submitting" and that is letting the bully know they've won. I don't think it's worth asking SPORTS ROCK anything - does the fact he claims to be 100 really mean he is a person worth taking seriously? No. He seems a moron, not one of those sports fans like Andy who means well and wants to understand how we feel, and make us realise how it is wrong to stereotype all jocks as being morons. This guy, however, is the stereotype. He's only soiling the good reputations of the reasonable sports fans. He is to be insulted back, in my opinion.

I have to admit though, I don't mind being on the Sporting News forums. I like their way of member rankings - the more posts you make, the more you'll fill up a bar chart on your profile page and your rank will increase. As far as I'm aware, there are five rankings - Rookie, Sophomore, MVP, All-Star and Veteran, in that order I think. The aim of the website is to participate in as many threads and fantasy games as possible to gain the higher rankings. I have just gotten the rank of Sophomore. I just did 240 rather stupid, pointless posts and managed to go up a whole rank - I never made any relevant, insightful posts relating to current sports news, as you may have guessed. Yet I have risen up to the rank of Sophomore whereas Samdaman, who wanted us to believe he was the biggest, most extreme sports fan on the earth, still remains on the rank of "Rookie". Funny - I'm on a higher rank than him and I know nothing about sports. He's being beaten by a "nerd" on his own turf! If he shows himself around there again, I know exactly what I shall say to him. "Be quiet, Rookie! Call yourself a sports fan!"

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

User avatar
Skul
Forum Admin
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by Skul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

IRONY BONUS! +500 points
Love and Tolerance!

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by i_like_1981 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 am

Skul wrote:IRONY BONUS! +500 points
It's the very definition of irony.
An extreme sports fan having a lower board rank than a full-blown hater of sports on a sports website.
It's just hilarious.
By the way, I've had the good fortune of coming across some of the other posters on Samdaman's thread against this site. Not on the thread... just in general places. My work can be seen on a lot of the SPORTING NEWS boards.
And I've also had an encounter with your old friend "i_love_chicken" on the hockey board. I respect him for seeing Samdaman for the asshole he really was. One decent sports fan visitor here...
And no, it's not because I'm a fan of sports... it's just that submitting short posts is the norm there so I can run off about a dozen a day if I feel in that mood. Perhaps even in an hour.
And their member ranking system is also good. It can't be that bad if I'm beating Samdamoron on it, can it?
By the way check out his most recent posts, which were from July 2008. He had hardly anything to say even on this beloved sports website of his who had the kind decency to offer him a sympathetic, encouraging set of responses to his hateful threads... looking at his feeble posts, you may believe he'd only gotten even more stupid over time. Or are all these blows to the head from football damaging his brain to the extent where he can't even talk about sports anymore? I don't know how a jock's brain works.
Actually, I do... OMG FUBBALL FUBBALL FUBBALL! OMG SOME NERDS OVER DERR.. LETS GO N BEAT DEM UP! FUBBALL FUBBALL FUBBALL! LK AT ME N MY HOT GF! IM DA BEST! WOO DA BEARS DA BEARS KICK ASS! OMG MORE NERDS LETS BULLY DEM TOO! IM SO DAMN GOOD, IM BETTER DEN ALL OF U! HANG ON A SEC HOWZ FUBBALL REALLY SPELLED? DURRRRR....

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

sf2k4
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:52 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by sf2k4 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I did just want to come in and defend baseball. Not only because it's my favorite sport but because, of all the sports I played and activities I've been a part of, baseball did the most for me maturing into a good person, second only to drum and bugle corps. That is probably totally regionally based and obviously my experience is not the norm, as some of you have pointed out. However, I must've been lucky because my baseball years taught me a lot about sportsmanship and team work. It probably didn't hurt that my coaches were actually decent, upstanding men, not the scumbags you see coaching little kids in some of today's Parks and Rec leagues.
Image
University of Alabama Million Dollar Band — Mellophone — 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps — Mellophone — 2005
Roll Tide

User avatar
The Imperialist
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: Guess...

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by The Imperialist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm

There is always good, and the bad. In all parts of society. Just that we feel that there is a larger proportion of the 'bad' within sports.
Long live Japan, and down with the DPJ.

User avatar
i_like_1981
Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by i_like_1981 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

The Imperialist wrote:There is always good, and the bad. In all parts of society. Just that we feel that there is a larger proportion of the 'bad' within sports.
I don't necessarily feel that sports themselves are bad, but let's just put it this way: most people are lucky enough to feel the positive side of competitive sports or just not mind them. Some people have had to bear intense humiliations so that other people can get more fun out of playing their sports. My biggest problem is the extreme hype that is built up around playing or watching sports, so much so that people are made to feel like social rejects or even all-round failures if they're not interested in either of these. Seems to me that sports do build up attitudes of intolerance and brutality in some people. Not all sports fans and players are bad people. In fact, very few are. But those "very few" have been known to be very abusive and intolerant indeed and many members here have had to endure those types of people. That is what has turned us against sports: not the fact we're too lazy to do physical activity but the fact that some will seek to humiliate and mock those who don't involve themselves with it so much. It was not sports that taught me to hate sports, but the unpleasant attitudes that derive from the competitive aspect in them.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Image

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.

User avatar
The Imperialist
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 pm
Location: Guess...

Re: Baseball Is Gasping Its Last Gasp

Post by The Imperialist » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Well, sport is said to be similar to politics......
Long live Japan, and down with the DPJ.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest