NASCAR is NOT a Sport

Well, it attracts the same sort of I-live-through-the-accomplishments-of-others crowd so I guess it qualifies.
n3rdg4sm

Re:

Post by n3rdg4sm » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 pm

blast flame wrote:
yallsuckballs wrote:Oh yea, Did you forget to mention Nascar drivers are in amazing shape. I would bet 1 million dollers you could not last a whole Nascar race. You have to been in amazing shape to withstand the heat of racing. Plus its mentally challenging you idiots dont recognize that.
If it were mentally challenging it shouldn't be call sport. Sport is the opposet of mentally challenging.
um sports can be mentally challenging. When I played tennis I had to think a great deal about strategy, where weak points were, how to hit the ball.
lots of strategy
[img]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 ... -2.gif[img]

(Please use a smaller signature - Skul)

chrislind2

Re: NASCAR is NOT a Sport

Post by chrislind2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I must confess I watch drag racing on ESPN2. Only because I am too old and too broke to participate.
It is the only "sport" I ever watch.

pimaster

Post by pimaster » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Don wrote:No, this is not really a sport because no effort is exerted --no sweat, no strain, no pushing beyond one's limits. It's just a life-size version of slot car racing. And we all remember how exciting THAT was. What with the little cars racing around and around and around a plastic figure eight track. That got old pretty quick. At least, for me, it did.

If this is a sport, then so is crane operating, elevator riding, or lawn mowing.
EXACTLY! Of course there is that romantic notion of evading the law in a fast car but that's just fantasy. NASCAR is the most artificial sport there is.

sportsoverrated

Post by sportsoverrated » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Amen

FSR

Post by FSR » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:34 pm

I know a freak who lives for NASTYCAR. His son is a truly gifted musician and he missed the Lads first solo performance because "NASTYCAR" is more important than seeing his son perform. Disgusting barbaric behavior.
I saw his performance and it was magnificent.
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil:

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:54 pm

aw, that is unfortunate. I don't get how watching cars drive in a circle could distract anyone from taking a a nap much less attending their son's recital. ugly. just ugly.

I Hope We Lose!

Samdaman 2.0

Post by Samdaman 2.0 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:47 pm

resitals are boring shit! the dads a cool guy who hates his faggy son! im not surprised ! sports r beter then stupid shit like that! :lol:

HawkObserver

Post by HawkObserver » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:28 pm

I suggest we have a National Sports Day. Uh, maybe a month or two would be sufficient.

FSR

Post by FSR » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:15 pm

HawkObserver wrote:I suggest we have a National Sports Day. Uh, maybe a month or two would be sufficient.
Two minutes would be to long.
:evil: Is there a way both teams can lose? :evil: