Manifesto

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Glenn

Manifesto

Post by Glenn »

I honestly think sports should become amateur pastimes again with all the big money television contracts cancelled out. Going back 40 years or so, most sportsmen received very little for their efforts and were generally a lot less big headed than the modern variety.
Sports that involve very little money or very little television coverage are generally far better than the money obsessed big games like football or American team sports. I have been watching the winter olympics, where most of the British contenders are doing it in their spare time( quite a few are soldiers who will probably be off to Iraq before long ), and it's mercifully free of the egotism, arrogance and greed that many pro sports have now. These guys do it for love and not money and are probably far more down to earth than people like David Beckham who only cares how much money he has.
We might call this site Sport Sucks, but it's more about the way team sports have been hijacked by money than any hatred of exercise and the way they're hyped as being some kind of religion to the detriment of other acitivities. OK I love rock music, but I wouldn't go up to someone and say, " Oh, you hate AC/DC, are you a fag or something." Yet the football fan who hears any ripple of dissent against this pile of crap will automatically challenge anyone who doesn't like it in a way that could result in a violent response, except that we're better than that.
I was born in the North East of England, which is very strong on football( soccer), and to admit to not liking it is not a good idea, especially when a pub is full of shaven headed morons in football shirts. Yet to slag off classical music, BBC Radio 4, homosexuals, alternative people and the like would go down well with these morons, many of whom I might add aren't white trash, but come from fairly comfortable backgrounds, but have to act like morons to fit in with the herd instinct. ( I know a particularly obnoxious pair of brothers who are quite middle class, but as they're football fans, behave like total yobs to try and fit in.)
While they think it's fine to rubbish other people's interests, they get quite hostile when anyone says the unthinkable and say, " No, I don't like football and I'm not struck on rugby." When challenged about sport, I reel off my interests and always mention the obscure sports I like such as skating, ski ing, martial arts, banger racing and the like, to which you get the reply, " They're not proper sports." Oh yeah, like a man doing 100 mph off a ski jump for next to nothing isn't a real feat, compared with some cheat footballer who trips someone up and then feigns an injury so his team can score a penalty.
As I've often said before, the individual challenge sports, which rarely get coverage, are far more exciting than the sheep stuck in their bars watching some overrated millionaires kicking a ball about.

Post by Guest »

BUT NO 1 CARES WAT U THINK
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

So guest you can't even identify yourself, let alone read and write. Next thing is you'll be calling us all queers. Don't make me laugh, moron, I honestly reckon jocks and rugby players are all queers with all that body contact and showers together.
secretary
Site Admin

Re: Manifesto

Post by secretary »

Glenn wrote:I honestly think sports should become amateur pastimes again with all the big money television contracts cancelled out. Going back 40 years or so, most sportsmen received very little for their efforts and were generally a lot less big headed than the modern variety.
I agree, Glenn. The way sports used to be made more sense. If a guy wanted to be a professional ball player, he really had to love the game because there wasn't much money in it and no sure future. He played in open-air, old, wood and brick stadiums and signed baseballs for kids afterwards. And there's nothing wrong with that. Of course, even back then you had the same kind of people attending the games --but it was less common then and it was recognized for what it was: idle foolishness.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: Manifesto

Post by Ray »

Glenn wrote:OK I love rock music, but I wouldn't go up to someone and say, " Oh, you hate AC/DC, are you a fag or something." Yet the football fan who hears any ripple of dissent against this pile of crap will automatically challenge anyone who doesn't like it in a way that could result in a violent response, except that we're better than that.
You're absolutely right and that's the main reason I can't stand sports fans. I've noticed here and on other sites people occasionally write in and say, "well, I understand your frustration but if you don't like sports, just say so --there's no reason to get so wrapped up about it" --which is a pretty clear indication that they DON'T understand. Because it's just as you say: there is no acceptance from sports fans when you say you don't like sports. Oh sure, they may only give you a blank look THEN but forever after you get sly comments and are known as the office oddball.
Which is fine with me. I'd rather be an oddball than a sports fan ANY DAY.

Post by Guest »

Y DO I NEED 2 IDENTIFY MYSELF???? Y DO U CARE?? WILL IT HELP U? MAYBE I DONT WANT 2 GIVE AWAY PERSONAL INFO.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Anonymous wrote:Y DO I NEED 2 IDENTIFY MYSELF???? Y DO U CARE?? WILL IT HELP U? MAYBE I DONT WANT 2 GIVE AWAY PERSONAL INFO.
Glenn, I think Sturob44/GoWankers11392/Guest thinks that if he registers, we'll be able to trace him somehow and find out who he is and expose his super powers. :)

He doesn't know that our server is riddled with his IP address and we already know his secret true identity. We just don't care.

Post by Guest »

WHATS MY NAME?? WHERE DO I LIVE??? HOW OLD IS I?

SPORTS=LIFE