I love sports guys :D

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
Richo

I love sports guys :D

Post by Richo »

EDIT: Well looks like I stuffed up and posted in the wrong forum. Many apologies.

Gday all! I just stumbled upon the website by random. I sent the admin a long boring email about why I love playing and coaching Basketball and I might post it here some time if interested.

I've always had that attitude with Sports that it's all about ME and I'll openly admit it. I like to play basketball games by sitting on the bench, waiting to see how much damage the other team will pile on us so I can go on and try to make the result interesting. I'm good at sport I can't help it. However this is a flaw in some of your arguments that you "non-sporty" people have written. I would love to believe that me being so great at sport and all pretty much makes me successful at life. I'm still average looking, all I ever really like talking about is Star Trek and I never got any career advancements due to all my Sporting Accomplishments on my CV. I can honestly say that being good at Sport has got me NOWHERE in life. When I hit that three to win the game in front of a girl I really liked, I don't think she was actually paying attention to be honest, and probaly looking at the good looking guy on the bench. I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything like that, but anyone that is similar to me,that is a nerd and is good at sport will learn a valuable lesson about life. You don't have to be good at Sport to be accepted. Sport will accept you if you have money, an attractive build, and know how to put a ball in a hoop/net/mitt. I've seen countless guys get selected into professional teams that never should have been there. They end up getting cut off at the end of the season when the managers finally realise that they were really a dud all along.

If I actually put any effort into the art of Sport in my life, sure I could be professional at it and have a bit of money, women and all that. But it's not like any girl is going to fall in love with you if you complete the most spectacular slam dunk in a domestic game of basketball. IF you do that in a professional game then yes they will. Because you did it on TV, and you are famous.

The fact is, if you're good looking, well built and have money, then more than likely you'll be encouraged into taking up sports because you WILL be good at it. For some other suckers out there, it's a lot of hard work and dedication to try and look half as good as these guys.

Anyway I'm talking a fair bit so I think I might cut it off here, but let me just part you with this. If you ever have nothing better to do and decide to watch a sports game, look at the different roles attractive and unattractive players have. Your typical attractive player will be fast, athletic and graceful. The ugly players will either be "Taggers" or "Defenders" that bite, kick with tooth and claw as they bring the attractive players down to their level. These are the guys I have the most respect for, and believe me they probaly like sport as much as you do.
"Life is too important to take seriously" - Oscar Wilde.
Earl

Re: I love sports guys :D

Post by Earl »

Welcome to the forum, Richo. I'm extremely busy today; so, I won't say any more. I want to devote the time you deserve for me to read your message in the "Letters 2009" column, as well as your forum posts, and give a thoughtful response. For now I'll just say that those of us who support this website are not monolithic in our thinking. We do have different perspectives.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Richo

Post by Richo »

Earl wrote: For now I'll just say that those of us who support this website are not monolithic in our thinking. We do have different perspectives.
I appreciate that. I remember when I was 4 years old I failed an early prep entrance test, because I said that milk goes in the cupboard. At the time I drank powdered milk and thus milk was always in the cupboard if I asked for it. I think it's when you limit society to think so critically, that humanity starts walking backwards.

It goes by Rock Logic and Water Logic. 1 Rock + 1 Rock will always = 2. But Water + Water is open to your own interpretation. Unfortunatly a lot of people seem to think that their own interpretation is worth more than anyone's 2 cents. But I think I'm going to like it here :wink:
"Life is too important to take seriously" - Oscar Wilde.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hey, Richo. We're twins! We've both quoted Oscar Wilde in our signatures. :lol:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Hello.. sports... follower... :?
By the looks of it, I will sustain from knit-picked provocation and not argue with you.

.... Welcome... :roll: