Registration change

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
xray

Re: Registration change

Post by xray »

How about getting the sports bots like detroitsports fan out of here too.Its enough you cant go to a bar without hearing how great sports are,but now i have to hear it from this sports fan on here!!
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Yeah, he's kind of worn out his welcome, hasn't he? Hmmm..."last post except for maybe an occasional post from time to time," right? Didn't he say that a while back? Guess he forgot. He is posting a lot more than I am.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
larrybird33

Post by larrybird33 »

i keep seeing yahoo bot i tihkn thats what its called like every night around 12 is that the spam bots? cause it was on tonight to so something isnt working by the way my dad is like amazing at computers and internet so if i can be of assistance i can ask him about it and maybe he can help
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I was on another forum and one way they had of curving spam was to make people post a certain amount of posts, before they became offical members. When they became members only then they could create topics. So this could be a good way of stopping spam.
Geno

Post by Geno »

xray wrote:How about getting the sports bots like detroitsports fan out of here too.Its enough you cant go to a bar without hearing how great sports are,but now i have to hear it from this sports fan on here!!
You're so right, xray. Why has that guy not been banned yet? All he does is whine at us, saying "Oh why don't you like sports! Sports aren't bad. You're all ignorant." We wouldn't hate sports so much if they weren't forced on us every two and a half bloody seconds. I think we should dispose of the sports bots immediately. They're not going to change our views no matter what so they may as well just give up. That goes for you too, SportsGuy92. ANOTHER SPORTS BOT!
Earl

Post by Earl »

I can see two sides here; so, admittedly, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I certainly can see why those of us who aren't exactly sports fans would question why sports fans should be allowed to post in our forum. After all, the first webpage does say in big red letters "WELCOME SPORTS HATERS!" not "COME ONE AND ALL." There is the question of why one would want to go to a website that would be offensive to him. (Incidentally, i_like_1981 was confronted at the Sportingnews website by kenboldt, who questioned why a sports hater such as 1981 would want to visit a website where he had no business. Of course, kenboldt had no trouble with sportsmen and sports fans coming to our website. He also didn't think there should even be a website such as ours, as if sports institutions should not be subjected to critical evaluation, as every other institution in our society. Double standard, perhaps?) And considering that sports are dominant in our culture, I certainly can understand why those of us on our side would like to have a place where we can gripe about whatever it is we don't like about sports without having someone butt in to argue with us.

On the other hand, sports fans provide some life to the forum that would be lacking otherwise. This could range from having a civil dialogue or a principled debate to having an entertaining exchange of vicious insults and (yes, you know what I'm going to say) big pictures :lol: . With regard to having a civil dialogue, there's the possibility that both sides could learn something from the other, or that there might even be an understanding.

Just some thoughts I thought I'd throw out. As I said, I have mixed feelings both ways.

Another observation I'd like to make is that we need to make a distinction between those such as Samdaman :x and SpeedofLeight who obviously are driven by their own hatred (and perhaps insecurity) to viciously insult and abuse people who are strangers to them, and those (such as Polite24 and SportsGuy92) who are critical of our website but are civilized in the way they make their objections. They really don't object to people not liking sports; they simply object to negative stereotypes of athletes and other issues. They actually agree with us on some issues. For example, they do not favor mandatory P.E. for students who don't like sports. I don't agree with every single comment that Polite24 and SportsGuy92 have made, anymore than those on "my side." You may find some of their comments irritating, and occasionally they may even get testy. But they are still decent guys. They're a far cry from the likes of Samdaman :x and his ilk.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related