Here to have a civilized debate.

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Tony
Sportsman

Re: Here to have a civilized debate.

Post by Tony »

SPORTS ROCK, Fat Man, was it really necessary to edit someones post (during the quote) too make them sound dumb? One of the Bill of Rights is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Neither of you are giving that to the people you edited.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Tony wrote:SPORTS ROCK, Fat Man, was it really necessary to edit someones post (during the quote) too make them sound dumb? One of the Bill of Rights is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Neither of you are giving that to the people you edited.
I was merely giving SPORTS ROCK a little taste of his own medicine.

Besides, you only have to go back a page and scroll up the page to see what they had said earlier.

Hey Dude! Like, where's your sense of humor?

Oh! I forget! People into sports don't understand the concept of humor. It's too complex.

With jocks and sports fans, their idea of humor is when some high school jock throws another student down a flight of stairs or through a plate glass window.

OK Tony, I acknowledge that both you and Andy are not the typical jocks or sports fans, that you both have been gentlemen on these forums, and have even expressed some sympathy toward me because of the past experiences I had mentioned. So, yeah! I know that NOT ALL athletes and sports fans are bullies, rude obnoxious bores, or morons. I acknowledge that.

But even still, it appears that all people into sports, either fans or participants, even if they're not bullies, all appear to have more of a rigid and authoritarian mind set.

Nobody here has died and made you the Board Moderator. OK?

Like who in the fucking Hell died and made you God???

So, lighten up! OK?

And no, by my editing someone's post (in quotes) I'm NOT interfering with anyone's freedom of speech, but merely exercising my own freedom of speech by satirizing another person's comments. You merely need to go back a page and scroll up the page to see what was originally posted. No big deal! OK?

I actually thought what SPORTS ROCK did was kind of funny, and so I gave him a taste of his own medicine.

OK! I think I get it now! The jock's and sports fan's concept of humor that is.

Tragedy . . . is when I cut my finger.

Comedy . . . is when some football player gets drunk, falls down an open sewer, and dies!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Andy wrote: Ray,
I did not intend to insult anyone, I made it a point in my first post that I wanted a civilized debate and that I did not want hostility from either side. I was simply pointing out the rules that your forum has decided to put into play. It should not matter how long a person has been here, everyone should have to follow the rules. I'm sure if a sports hater came on here and disobeyed the rules and started flaming, you would have his posts restricted. All I'm asking is that you treat us equally.
What debate? All I hear is your persistent pleas for understanding. Which is kind of weird. Have some self-respect, man. Stop begging strangers on behalf of other strangers. What is it that makes it so important to you that everyone in the world like and accept jocks and sports? --don't tell me. I don't really want to know.

We would restrict posts? How do you account for Sp0rtsRock's continued flaming?

I guess we need to add a rule that says someone can't join our forum and, from the first post, start telling other members how to behave. It's possible that the moderator never before encountered and didn't expect anyone to be so bold or rude as to sign up and start dictating policy.

I Hope We Lose!
Andy
Sportsman

Post by Andy »

Ray,
I am trying to show you guys that not all "jocks" are who you say they are. And giving you a point of view different from your own. I never said anyone had to view things from my point of view. All I ask is that everyone at least be civil. Which includes SportsRock, I don't like watching him flame other people either. I'm simply pointing out the rules because I want EVERYONE to be civil in this conversation. I like to debate, it's just who I am, but I hate when debates turn to junior high insults from both sides. My intentions were never too be rude, I believe that most saw that, except for you. I realize that you probably feel threatened by a "jock" coming on to your message boards but I see no rules against it. If you really don't like us "jocks" then why don't you make a rule restricting jocks from joining, banning them at the first sight of sports liking. You can live in an alternate world pretending that other views don't exist if you want, but at some point you have to step into reality. Tony and I aren't bashing your beliefs so why not just read our remarks and make civil remarks of your own. That's all we're asking.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

SPORTS ROCK. wrote:
Ray wrote:
Andy wrote:Sergey, I would like you to please read the forum rules http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... ?f=7&t=923. The first rule posted is No Flaming/Flame-baiting. The same rules apply to Sports-Rule. In case you haven't noticed, my views are separate from his, and we are not linked other than he may have come from the gridiron-palace and that he is a fellow sports-fan. Other than that, we are two separate people, stop treating the actions of one person and thinking they are the actions of all.
Do not lecture Sergey. He has been a long time idiot and I never agree with what he says because it's normally about boring video games. It's impossible to get anything through to him. He's an angry young lad who feels rejected by society. You have no right to tell him what to do as you're kinda talking to a brick wall.
have to agree with you there ray. :)

Andy took the time to submit a massively long post with plenty of good, meaningful information and Sergey's mere response was "alright". Laughable. :lol: and who said sport fans were the most stupid people? oh yeah, you lot did. If you don't know what to say, don't post anything at all!!!!!!!!!!! now come on, your warhammer account may be getting neglected. "Last sign-in: 14 minutes ago." OMG 14 WHOLE MINUTES! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO! I HAVE BETRAYED IT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What Warhammer account? Jack ass, there is no such thing. Go rape your jock friends in the corner.
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Earl

Post by Earl »

I don't believe Andy's intention is to persuade us to become sports fans.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Tony wrote:SPORTS ROCK, Fat Man, was it really necessary to edit someones post (during the quote) too make them sound dumb? One of the Bill of Rights is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Neither of you are giving that to the people you edited.
it was funny --when FatMan did it. Not when sp0rtsdud did it. What is wrong with you and "ANDY"? What are you doing here? Are you some kind of sports missionary? We cook missionaries in big black kettles and eat them. And then use their bones for nose ornaments.

I Hope We Lose!
Earl

Post by Earl »

Andy, thanks for responding to my comments.

When my sister was a college student in the early 1960s, she knew several of the athletes as friends. She was not a sports fan or a social climber. To the contrary, she thought the social life at her high school had been shallow. Since she had been a victim of medical malpractice when she was a young girl, she could relate to people who suffered physically, such as hockey players frequently injured in games.

There was a particular hockey player she knew who was also on the football team. She told me about him. I referred to him previously in another post months ago. He had been rejected by his father, who subjected him to cruel psychological abuse. One of the reasons he played football and hockey was to provide an outlet for his anger caused by the abuse he had suffered as a young child. Instead of choosing the easy way of a bully taking his anger out on those who were weaker than he was, he chose to become a pacifist to control his anger. I never got to meet the guy; so, I don't know if his pacifism was based upon religious beliefs or philosophical convictions. He was a fierce competitor in his games; but when the game was over, he could not be provoked to the point of becoming physically violent. He was the antithesis of a bully. Ironically enough, smaller men on the campus who heard about his pacifism would try to provoke him, knowing all the while that they were trying to get him to violate his conscience, which is despicable.

I've mentioned this simply to say that I recognize that a guy can be aggressive on the gridiron, but be completely gentle when the game is over. In other words, I'm relating to what you said in your comment about football and machismo. I have no problem with that. I think this is what is called compartmentalization.

My sister also visited the Ann Frank House in Amsterdam. Psychological research and testing have shown that under the right conditions, a fascist regime would survive in the United States, which is not to say that I don't love this country. More people than you would think would follow orders by the agents of a totalitarian police state to inflict physical pain on other human beings. Since you've been interested in the history of the Holocaust, you might be interested in reading my topic dated December 23rd of last year entitled "football player, Holocaust survivor" in the Off-Topic Board (that is, unless you've already read it).
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

greencom

Post by greencom »

Andy,
I appreciate your civil (but somewhat authoritarian) approach to this forum, however, do not flatter yourself by saying we are "threatened" by jocks when they make a post. Speaking for myself the only people who intimidate me are those that I look upon as being more intelligent, mature and capable than myself and jocks and sports fans sure as hell are not in that category!
I sense that you still view non- sports people as somehow inferior in some perverse way and that you are trying to help us see the light. We already have seen the light and that's why this forum exists. So reign in your high hat fella. We are free to hate or love what we want and the members of this forum do not have to explain themselves to anyone, especially condescending jocks with a superior attitude.

Greencom
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, greencom. You and I are kindred spirits (as well as good friends personally), but I have reason to believe that Andy is not condescending and does not view us as inferior. Otherwise, he would be flaming us.

greencom

Post by greencom »

Earl,
The flame is on the low setting but it's not out, it's like a crock pot, not very hot but it cooks over time. Be ever vigilant my good friend!

Greencom
Earl

Post by Earl »

Thanks for not getting upset with me. You know me well enough to know that I mean well.

greencom

Post by greencom »

Earl,
Upset with you? Not likely, you see more of the good inside people, that's a strength not many possess.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening Andy and Tony.

I'm perfectly willing to engage in a civilized debate with you.

It's actually good to know that not all athletes and sports fans are bullies.

But you both need to get over your authoritarian attitudes!

I was never interested in sports. When I was in school, I was far more interested in science, art, and music. Astronomy is my favorite subject.

And let me tell you, one does not study astronomy without also studying a lot of history, especially the controversies between science and religion, and the established authorities.

Hey boys and girls!!! Can you say Inquisition???

You see, through reading some of the history, for example: how Galileo was interrogated for many hours, threatened with possible torture, and forced by the Holy Office and the Inquisition to sign a confession, and then placed under house arrest for the remainder of his life, well, I became rebellious against the establishment ever since I was only in grade school.

Yeah! My mother taught me how to read and write before I even started school, and when I was only in the 3rd grade I was already reading at the high school level and adult level by 4th grade. When I was 13, I scored 150 points on a standard IQ test. So, I was only just a kid when I read about the Inquisition and the persecution of Galileo.

That is why I'm down on authoritarianism like white on rice, ugly on an ape, and stink on a skunk!

So, I'm am deeply resentful of anyone coming into this forum with an authoritarian attitude, and presuming to act as moderators.

Yes, I admit it! Both of you, Andy and Tony, yes, you both are far more polite and far more gentlemanly than I am. That's because I'm a big fat bitch! OK?

I really don't give a flying fuck how polite and gentlemanly you both may be. I resent your authoritarian attitudes!

GET OVER IT!!!

But of course you won't, because you really can't.

That's because sports is, and always has been, and always will be an ultra-authoritarian endeavor that actually discourages freedom of thought!

Sorry, but having sports in an educational setting, like a high school, or a collage, actually undermines an educational institution. Academics which encourages intellectual freedom, and athletics which is authoritarian and demands conformity are at cross purposes with one another, and will always clash.

To have both academics and athletics in the same setting is contradictory.

That's why I love Astronomy, and hate sports.

Astronomy encourages intellectual freedom and opposes authoritarianism.

Sports is authoritarian, discourages free thought, and demands conformity!

So, Andy and Tony, you may be polite gentlemen . . . . .

. . . but you both make me sick!!!

Excuse me while I go up-chuck!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

We should give them a chance.