his masters voice

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley

his masters voice

Post by wibberley »

I would like to see the so-called Hillsborough Disaster visited on all sports stadiums throughout the world.
Earl

Re: his masters voice

Post by Earl »

Welcome to the forum, wibberley. :) :) :)

Since some of us are ignorant (like me), you'll have to tell us about the Hillsborough Disaster.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Did a sinkhole swallow up a stadium? That would be cool.

EDIT:

I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

It was an incidence of a stampede where 96 people died in a crush. At a stadium.

I Hope We Lose!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Ray wrote:Did a sinkhole swallow up a stadium? That would be cool.

EDIT:

I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

It was an incidence of a stampede where 96 people died in a crush. At a stadium.
Yeah! I just went there myself.

That's typical! Sports fans are as stupid as cattle, therefore sports fans can be stampeded like cattle!

I would like to drive them all over a cliff like in The March Of The Lemmings!

Welcome to the forum Wibberley. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I read the entire Wikipedia article and I have this to say.

I'm not going to cry boo hoo over all those deaths, but only for innocent children who get caught up in these mindless stampedes by their moronic parents.

Most sports fans are moronic sheep.

Have we, as human beings, have we so relinquished our individuality, that we can be stampeded like cattle???

NOT I!!!

Yes, my maintaining my own individuality in the face of massive and mindless conformity has gotten me into trouble many times, including getting into trouble with the law.

But I'm still alive!!!

I will never enter a stadium or a sports arena, because I don't like being in the same place with the mindless herd.

A sports arena where everybody there is eating $7 dollar hot dogs and drinking $10 dollar beers, it reminds me of a feedlot for cattle!

Also, sports arenas are slaughter houses where the moronic sports fans, like cattle, get lead to the slaughter!

The real tragedy is that innocent children get injured or killed during these mindless stampedes. That's the only sad part.

But as for the rest of these moronic redneck sports fans, I would like to drive a steamroller over them myself before they have kids.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

I read that article too. That was something. It said most of those people died from compression asphyxia or something like that --being crushed while standing by the weight of the crowd so that you can't expand your lungs and take a breath. That must have been terrifying.

I Hope We Lose!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:I would like to see the so-called Hillsborough Disaster visited on all sports stadiums throughout the world.
WHOA! I find that statement to be a little extreme. Yeah, I don't like sports and I don't admire the mindless sheep that follow them and start riots over them but I don't think they deserve to die like that. 96 people died in that incident - some of those were women and children who had absolutely no way of stopping what was going to happen; not all of them were moronic drunken beergut walrus-like male fanatics who probably were the ones who caused it. Yet nobody deserves to die for the simple reason they like sports. Think of the families who had to suffer because they lost relatives in that. Think of the chaos and confusion that must have ruined not only people's days, but their whole lives too. Some of the scars, both physical and emotional, inflicted on people that day will never fully heal. To be involved in an event of mass chaos and death is traumatising. I consider myself grateful that I or nobody I know was involved in that. Do you remember that happening in 1989? I don't remember much, as I would have only been seven (nearly eight) at the time. Were you around then? I hope people can do their best in future to prevent things like that happening again. The odd fight over football is to be expected but when people die over it, that is when a line is crossed and things go too far. NOBODY should die over something as trivial as football. It was a tragedy. Not everyone who died in it had a part to play in causing it - granted, some fans did get too rowdy and it was their fault the asphyxiation was initiated as it was an extremely tightly-packed stand all the fans were standing in, but innocent people who were just there to enjoy a game had to lose their lives because of some unruly, thuggish idiots. They have my sympathy and respect. Death over sports is a waste of life. Sorry I have to welcome you to the forum like this but I have to stick up for the memories of innocent people who lost their lives for such a pitiful reason as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have to be fair, not a complete bastard. Anyway, welcome.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981, you are to be commended for providing a voice of moderation. Thanks, buddy. 8)

There is no denying that some have been deeply hurt in the name of sports. Those members of this forum who fall into this category (which would constitute the majority, of course) should direct their anger by explaining what happened in their lives to turn them against sports. Some people, including some sports fans who may visit this forum with an open mind, are unaware about the dark side of sports.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

You're right Earl and I_like_1981.

There were innocent people there, like women and children, who died because of the cattle-like behavior of some morons.

Nobody deserves to die like that, except those moronic drunken beergut walrus-like male fanatics who caused it! They are the ones who deserve to die.

It would be a beautiful world if only morons died as a result of their own stupidity!

Unfortunately, a lot of innocent people die because of morons.

That's because we protect morons and make the world safe for them, and then they do all kinds of stupid shit that gets other people killed.

For example:

Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s we had a park with a lake where people can go swimming, boating, and fishing. But because some morons got drunk, and went out in a boat, and had an accident and drowned, they shut down the park, so now, there is no more swimming, or boating, or even fishing.

So, we must protect the morons at all cost, even if it means intelligent people must sacrifice their rights to have some pleasures in life.

Now, these morons can go on with their lives, and do some more stupid shit that will probably get some innocent people killed.

Sorry, but morons are suppose to die from their own stupidity. That is the natural order of things.

But we protect morons from their own stupidity so they can live, and continue to reproduce by down-breeding or in-breeding to produce even more morons!!!

That's where sports fans come from.

That's where the money comes from!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:i_like_1981, you are to be commended for providing a voice of moderation. Thanks, buddy. 8)
Hate to sound like some sort of bore who just bosses people around but it's not exactly a good way to make your first post, disrespecting the memories of people who have died. Anyway, I hope Wibberley and our other recent members come back. I don't want to discourage people from posting here but I like to keep things fair. A skill you have taught me through our interesting debates on this board. I'm checking in quite a lot on this website now, nearly every day. I hope to become perhaps the fourth or the fifth 1,000 post member but Sergey is obviously going to beat me to the 4th place mark. You, Ray and Fat Man are also to be commended for your devotion to this website. 1,000 posts is an awful lot. Yet one member on the Sporting News forums has clocked up over 80,000 posts. EIGHTY THOUSAND. Yes, it is true when they say sports fans can be even more dependent on the computer than us nerds. After all, if they can't get to go to the big game in real life and they're too lazy to turn on their TV then how else are they going to find out the score? Oh yes, they need the COMPUTER to do it. I think these jocks who enjoy slagging us nerds off need to look at themselves in the mirror and realise where they're getting a lot of their knowledge about the latest professional sports news from. We're living in the 21st century. We all use computers and that includes the sports bullies who are very proud and defiant in their claims of hating nerds and always being out and about with hardly any time to log on! Look at Samdaman for example. For someone who claimed to have a lot of hot girlfriends and rough violent sports to play he sure seemed to spend enough time on the PC to bore the hell out of the Sports Suck regulars at the time with it and try and touch off a website war with his Sporting News threads, eh? We all need to come together as one and realise how utterly dependent we as a society are on computer and network technology and how utterly FUCKED society would become if all of that was to suddenly disappear into thin air overnight. And that includes you, sports fans!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:1,000 posts is an awful lot. Yet one member on the Sporting News forums has clocked up over 80,000 posts. EIGHTY THOUSAND.
I knew a guy on this forum I used to go to who, last time I was there, had ELEVEN THOUSAND (11,000) posts. I thought that was a lot... but eighty thousand!?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Skul wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:1,000 posts is an awful lot. Yet one member on the Sporting News forums has clocked up over 80,000 posts. EIGHTY THOUSAND.
I knew a guy on this forum I used to go to who, last time I was there, had ELEVEN THOUSAND (11,000) posts. I thought that was a lot... but eighty thousand!?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
I know, Skul. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot indeed. Perhaps you could use this argument against some sports fan on here when they come slagging us off about how all we do is go on computers. I guarantee you, reminding them of some of the member post numbers on the Sporting News will show them who really relies more on the computer in the long run! 80,000 posts is just incredible. Seriously, they either must mostly be one-word posts or perhaps this guy practically lives on his computer and only watches sport games on the internet.

By the way, I fear that my comment may have discouraged Wibberley from posting. I saw that he was online for a few minutes earlier but then disappeared without posting anything. I do not want to feel that I have claimed a scalp, turned a new sports hating member against what is meant to be a haven for them, but my response did clearly express a disagreement with Wibberley's post and I did make it long and emotional. I think I might have scared him off.

Wibberley, if you are reading this, I want to make you clear that my intention was not to upset you. I just wanted to point out that innocent people died in the Hillsborough Disaster and that their lives should not just be disregarded. It was the consequence of excessive sports mania but women and children had to lose their lives because of it and I do not like the thought of that being wished upon more innocent women and children who are just there to enjoy a day out, not to cause trouble or hurt to anyone else. Only a small amount of sports fans are the ones who actually disgrace the whole group, I grant them that.

So, feel free to start posting. I hope I have not discouraged you, and if I have and you do not feel able to respond, I am sorry.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

OK, here are all the letters of the alphabet.

A = Alpha
B = Bravo
C = Charlie
D = Delta
E = Echo
F = Foxtrot
G = Golf
H = Hotel
I = India
J = Juliet
K = Kilo
L = Lima
M = Mike
N = November
O = Oscar
P = Papa
R = Romeo
Q = Quebec
S = Sierra
T = Tango
U = Uniform
V = Victor
W =Whiskey
X = Xray
Y = Yankee
Z = Zulu

This is from yours truly . . .

Foxtrot Alpha Tango - Mike Alpha November

And when it comes to the world of sports I say . . .

Foxtrot Tango Whiskey!!!

Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Fat Man wrote:And when it comes to the world of sports I say . . .

Foxtrot Tango Whiskey!!!
FTW? That's an acronym that means "For The Win". Don't you mean Foxtrot Tango Lima? For The Lose?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote:
Fat Man wrote:And when it comes to the world of sports I say . . .

Foxtrot Tango Whiskey!!!
FTW? That's an acronym that means "For The Win". Don't you mean Foxtrot Tango Lima? For The Lose?
No, when it comes to the world of sports I mean Foxtrot Tango Whiskey.

That's for Fuck The World!!!