cricket sucks!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley

cricket sucks!

Post by wibberley »

If football is the ultimate preserve of the mentally retarded then cricket must surly come a close second.I recall one mindless reprobate slouched in front of the television consuming endless cans of lager.That was his recreation.I subsequently learned that he had gone with his father to watch the cricket at Headingly for ALL DAY!Subsequently I learned he had got locked up for being drunk and disorderly.I think I would sooner watch paint dry than watch cricket.It is boring beyond belief.
Lewis

Re: cricket sucks!

Post by Lewis »

wibberley wrote:If football is the ultimate preserve of the mentally retarded then cricket must surly come a close second.I recall one mindless reprobate slouched in front of the television consuming endless cans of lager.That was his recreation.I subsequently learned that he had gone with his father to watch the cricket at Headingly for ALL DAY!Subsequently I learned he had got locked up for being drunk and disorderly.I think I would sooner watch paint dry than watch cricket.It is boring beyond belief.
That so true, a few summers ago my brother watched the Ashes for the whole summer and it was so boring! Watching paint dry is a more produtive and entaining activity.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I step on crickets because they make too much noise.

I once had a cat who liked to eat crickets!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:If football is the ultimate preserve of the mentally retarded then cricket must surly come a close second.I recall one mindless reprobate slouched in front of the television consuming endless cans of lager.That was his recreation.I subsequently learned that he had gone with his father to watch the cricket at Headingly for ALL DAY!Subsequently I learned he had got locked up for being drunk and disorderly.I think I would sooner watch paint dry than watch cricket.It is boring beyond belief.
I don't like cricket either.
Back when I was at high school in the early to mid 1990s, I had to play cricket for two three-month stints during my mandatory PE course.
There were two particularly nasty incidents that stick in my mind still, and a lot of less severe yet nonetheless irritating annoyances. I was always the person who struck out for his team. When the bowler threw the ball at me he made sure to do a pretty hard bowl knowing how inept I was and because of that I would only hit it about 10% of the time. Therefore I was mostly ridiculed and told to get lost and go and play with my Barbie dolls and get some sympathy off my gay boyfriend by the idiots I had been forced to play with. They obviously did not show much interest in my plight, and the teachers didn't seem to take much notice either.
One incident involved me getting hit directly in the face with a cricket bat; the student responsible was suspended for a few days as a punishment, yet when he returned, one of the first things he did was smack my head into a locker for getting him in trouble. I didn't bother reasoning with him telling him how he had initiated the whole argument. He wouldn't have listened anyway.
Another incident like that occured during my second cricket course in early 1995. The teacher had to leave the class for a few moments to go and pick up the class register which he had left in his office so while he was off the field and back in the school building, the people on my team thought it would be hilarious to send someone up to me and whack me in the legs with a bat and chuck dirt clods at me. Naturally my skinny legs couldn't stand up to the force of quickly moving solid wood and I was knocked on my ass on the muddy grass. I was then hit in the face and shoulder by two great clumps of dirt thrown by two other people present, and they said "Hey i_like_1981 (real name not disclosed)! It'll be worse if you strike us out again!" The teacher came back moments later and everyone else went back to acting like nothing had happened. He asked me why I was covered in mud and I had no choice but to answer I'd slipped. Thankfully there was nothing but a bit of bruising in terms of bodily damage but that wasn't noticeable at the time. It was a few hours later when the dark grey began to set into my hurt skin and I realised that it wasn't going to be such an easy time after all.
That is why I hate cricket. Any sport that involves the use of hard implements with which to hit a moving projectile is almost bound to see this equipment used for the purpose of bullying when a blind eye is turned. I made sure to stay well away from the Ashes last year. Many a bad memory did I have at bat.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Do those who oppose reforming P.E. but have no problem forcing nonathletic students to take the same old sports-centered P.E. even address the issue of physical bullying of the sort that i_like_1981 and others have described? Nooooooooo! And some people wonder why we're not sports fans. (I shall refrain from name-calling at this point.) As far as I'm concerned, there is a place in hell for those who mistreat others in this way, and also for the adults who know what's been going on for generations and could do something to change this but who choose to do nothing.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

Damn --that sucks. I think I'd hate cricket too. Well I know I would. I wonder if this goes on in schools today. If so, we're just as guilty for letting it go on as the people we complain about letting it happen in our day. But what can we do about it? Volunteer as teachers' aids? I'll keep my ears open for opportunities.

I Hope We Lose!