7 Things "Good Parents" Do (That Screw Kids Up for Life)

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Sergey

Re: 7 Things "Good Parents" Do (That Screw Kids Up for Life)

Post by Sergey »

You admitted to being an alcoholic? How much do you drink?
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

when did i do that?
blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

SHHH Sergey he just smoked a joint. He might hear something scary outta the text... or see something scary out of the noise the text is making.
He just tried dampening it down with a little booze because he thought his face was on fire.
Owl

Post by Owl »

Polite24 wrote:You act as if smoking a little weed and having sex is some horrible thing. Kids are going to be kids. And many of the kids that did that growing up are just fine now. I know quite a few of them.

And I'm sure if it were the school "metalhead" or that poor kid from the trailer park with no athletic talent and bad clothes doing the same thing, you'd all call that person a druggie or a slut. But since they can play sports, they can do no wrong in the eyes of society and we must all turn a blind eye to things we would not tolerate from non-athletes. Bad behavior is unacceptable, no matter who it comes from.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Oh hello there Owl. I don't think I've seen you round here. But I hope you'll be back.
Bad behaviour IS unacceptable regardless of who it comes from, but nonetheless, the people of higher social status will be in for an easier time. After all, who wants to be the one responsible for jailing the top football player of the town? The team will suffer, all his friends will be weeping over the loss of one of their own monkey-boy kind and all those empty-headed yet damn attractive cheerleaders are going to miss feeling the might of God in his presence. Jocks get away with murder because for some reason, everyone seems to care about them. They scare those who might try and bring them down and try and lick the asses of those who have the power to take them down a few notches. Teachers, principals... you name them, the jocks will try and put them in their pocket. I would like to see a world where everyone was treated fairly and punishments would be given out to the same degree regarless of social rank or privilege but it just isn't going to happen. The world doesn't work like that. There has to be one group of people who get the easier side of the law and who are given many advantages in life and those are the socialites. Jocks, basically. I don't see what they've done to earn it but with all the pretty girls after them and everyone else wanting to hang out with them or even have the honour of talking to them they are risen to the status of being above punishment, an idol of sorts. It happens with people who get too full of themselves. They infect other people with their self-worshipping influence and not only do they end up believing the world revolves around them, everyone else does too. All for kicking some damn ball. Tell me, what happens to the people who work hard and really deserve the credit in life? They are cast aside in school and terrorised by the jocks into believing there is no way of helping themselves. The "nerds" have to take this crap off the "jocks" as unfortunately the jocks are stronger in both a social and physical sense. They hold more cards in their teenage years and will regularly play their dominant hand of cards against the comparatively feeble decks of the nerds in a hope of further emphasising their higher place on the hierarchical structure of society. It's just how people act. Some people act fair with the power they have, others just use it as a license to abuse and hurt the ones who don't. It's just the way things work - as some will be satisfied with just knowing they're on top, some just want to go out of their way to make it known to ALL that they can't be messed with and use fear and intimidation to display their status. I know what happens when you attack those with links to the higher echelons of the social hierarchy and an "attack from underneath" (the lower level) is seen as a "rebellion" by the higher social class (jocks, cheerleaders etc.) and is usually put down with brute force and cruelty. This use of popularity and prestige to oppress the lower social classes is what causes resentment, distrust and even blind hatred between the cliques of modern society.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
natmanhan

Post by natmanhan »

Honestly I can't help but somewhat agree with Polite on this. Smoking weed is dumb as shit, but I don't think it should be legal. Except for under 21 year olds. No kids should have that shit, nor should they have alcohol, which is far worse. And I'm 19. Having promiscuous sex is far worse than either though. We don't want your babies you can't care for or your STIs, retards.

Oh, and my childhood friend is number 2 on the list. 4 years old: "Yay me!" 23 years old: EGOTISTICAL SLUT ALERT!