snooker sucks!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley

snooker sucks!

Post by wibberley »

Another complete wasre of time is knocking different coloured balls around an a green baize table for hours on end.Typically;if you go in apub and sees someone who is playing pool really well then its odds on thst they have just come out of prison ,as that is all they do in their all day(apart from murdering the odd screw!)
Skul
Forum Admin

Re: snooker sucks!

Post by Skul »

Eh, I wouldn't say that. I quite like it. At least when a snooker player loses, his fans don't riot. It's pretty relaxing, really (well, I guess unless you're playing professionally or something).
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

You see wibberley? Even we defend sports sometimes. :) Hope we haven't broken your heart; sometimes we find it necessary to prove we are open-minded and not just demeaning of all sports aspects in case we get one decent pro-sports visitor who may take offence to that. But they are few and far between...

Now, my opinion on snooker? Well, it's okay. Again, one of those more calm, relaxing games which doesn't demand that you wear yourself out by charging after some inflated pig-skin for hours on end and commit brutal injuries on other players just to get your hands on this insignificant object which somehow seems to be worth its weight in gold during the heat of the game. I would play these ball sports if the balls were made of gold or some other extravagant material... well, perhaps not, as a solid gold ball would be very, very hard for even the most muscular people to keep moving round constantly. But it just seems a bit dull to know that all the hopes of the players and fans depend upon the movement of some inflated piece of rubber. Something better is needed to chase. I would like my attention to be diverted towards something grand, not just some leather ball!

Snooker isn't too bad. Again, I'm not sure it should even be called a sport - to me, a sport is somewhat physically demanding. Hitting balls with a stick is not that demanding, even for lazy old me. But that's probably why I don't mind it.

Oh, and I'm not sure you should keep making new threads every time you want to post. Think of how many useless threads the board would have if all the members did that. I would try and submit multiple posts in one thread instead of constantly creating new ones as it does look a bit spammy and I will have to delete topics that are starting to cram up the board. Oh wait... *checks board rank*. :(

Actually wibberley, it doesn't matter. This forum is hardly jam-packed anyway. Especially seeing as how there seems to be no spam, which there definitely is a lot of on other forums. You lot are lucky. Feel free to keep making new threads at your will. You know you can't resist it!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Yeah, there used to be a lot of spam on here, but they did something to stop it...not sure what. Whatever it is, though, it seems to have worked. (Now watch somebody post a bunch of Cipro ads in here. :lol: )

What is snooker anyway? Is it another word for pool? It sounds like pool from how you are describing it.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I enjoy playing pool, but I do find watching snooker a bit dull though.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

abitagirl wrote:Yeah, there used to be a lot of spam on here, but they did something to stop it...not sure what. Whatever it is, though, it seems to have worked. (Now watch somebody post a bunch of Cipro ads in here. :lol: )

What is snooker anyway? Is it another word for pool? It sounds like pool from how you are describing it.
Snooker is a bit like pool, but there is a few extra coloured balls which you have to hit aswell.