Our heros!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
rotten

Our heros!

Post by rotten »

Remember, these are just isolated incidents. :roll: Nothing to do with the attitudes that go along with sports.

Lawrence Taylor
Lawrence Taylor is seen in a mug shot on November 8, 2009 in Miami, Florida. Lawrence Taylor, former New York Giants and NFL Hall Of Famer, was arrested on Sunday, November 8, 2009 after leaving the scene of an accident. (Photo by Miami-Dade Corrections and Rehabilitation Departmen via Getty Images)

Patrick Kane mugshot
(WIVB-TV obtained photo from Buffalo Police Department)
Chicago Blackhawks player Patrick Kane booking mug from the Buffalo Police Department.

Nicole Bobek
(Hudson County Sheriff's Office)
Former figure skating champion Nicole Bobek was charged with conspiracy to deal methamphetamine early July, 2009.

Charles Barkley
(Gilbert Police Department)
Charles Barkley was arrested Dec 31, 2008 on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. An officer with a law enforcement task force that targets drunken driving saw the former NBA star run a stop sign around 1:30 a.m.

Mary Delgado
(November 16, 2008)
This photo provided by the Val Verde County Sheriff's Office in Texas shows one-time NFL cheerleader and reality TV bride-to-be Mary Delgado, who was arrested in a Del Rio, Texas, bar Nov 16, 2008. after refusing to leave. She was charges of disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting arrest, and released about an hour later. Delgado, accepted a televised proposal from "The Bachelor" -- professional bass fisherman Byron Velvick -- in 2004.

John Daly
(Forsyth County Sheriff's Office / October 29, 2008)
In this photo provided by the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office, professional golfer John Daly is shown. Daly was taken into custody Sunday, Oct. 26, 2008, by Winston-Salem police after he was found drunk outside a Hooters restaurant in Winston-Salem, N.C. While at the restaurant, police said Daly "appeared extremely intoxicated and uncooperative," refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital and was asked to leave the restaurant by several workers. Daly was taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center for a 24-hour stay, until he was sober.

Cedric Benson booking photo
NFL running back Cedric Benson was arrested in 2008 on a charge of driving while intoxicated. (Photo Austin, Texas, police)

Austin Police department booking photo of Cedric Benson, who was arrested on Saturday night.
(May 4, 2008)
NFL running back Cedric Benson was arrested after allegedly failing a sobriety test while operating a 30-foot boat, then resisting arrest before being hit with pepper spray and dragged ashore by officers. (Photo Austin Police Department)

NBA forward Carmelo Anthony in 2008 after he pulled over while driving erratically on suspicion of driving under the influence. (Photo DENVER POLICE DEPARTMENT)

Jim McMahon
Former NFL quarterback Jim McMahon was arrested in 2003 after his car was seen swerving across the center line of a highway. He pleaded no contest. (Photo Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office)

Football star-actor O.J. Simpson
(September 17, 2007)
Former football star and actor O.J. Simpson in 2007 after his arrest in connection with an alleged armed robbery in a hotel room. (Photo Las Vegas Police Department)

Marlins pitcher Scott Olsen
(July 25, 2007)
Pro baseball player Scott Olsen after his arrest on charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest with violence and fleeing and eluding a police officer in 2007. (Photo Aventura, Fla. Police Department)

Football star 'Pacman' Jones
(June 22, 2007)
NFL player Adam 'Pacman' Jones in 2007 after his arrest on a pair of felony charges in connection with a strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting.Florida Panthers goalie Ed Belfour
(April 9, 2007)

NHL goalie Ed Belfour in 2007 after his arrest at a popular bar on Miami Beach in 2007. He was charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer without violence. (Photo Miami-Dade Corrections Department)

Panthers hockey player Ville Peltonen
(April 10, 2007)
NHL hockey player Ville Peltonen in 2007 after his arrest on a criminal mischief charge at a popular bar in Miami Beach's trendy South Beach. (Photo Miami-Dade Corrections Department)

Miami Heat forward James Posey
(April 10, 2007)
NBA player James Posey was arrested in 2007 on a charge of suspicion of driving under the influence. (Photo Miami-Dade Corrections Department)

Boxer Mike Tyson
(February 7, 2007)
Boxer Mike Tyson in 2007 after his arrest on charges of drug possession and driving under the influence of drugs. (Photo Maricopa County Sheriff's Department in Arizona)

Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis
(December 22, 2006)
MLB pitcher Dontrelle Willis in 2006 after being arrested on a drunken driving charge. (Photo Miami-Dade County Department of Corrections)

College football star Maurice Clarett
(August 9, 2006)
College football star Maurice Clarett was charged with carrying a concealed weapon after a highway chase in Ohio in 2006 that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back. (Photo Franklin County Corrections Center)

NBA star's wife turns herself in
(February 3, 2006)
Kendra Davis, the wife of NBA star Antonio Davis, in 2006 after her arrest for allegedly flinging a hot cup of coffee on another woman during a traffic altercation. (Photo by Naperville Police Department)

Quarterback Jeff Garcia
(June 16, 2004)
NFL quarterback Jeff Garcia in 2004 after being arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. (Photo Santa Clara County Sheriff)

Basketball star Kobe Bryant
(December 19, 2003)
Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant in 2003 after his arrest in Colorado on charges of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman. (Photo Eagle County Sheriff Deparment)

O.J. Simpson
(December 31, 2003)
O.J. Simpson in a Miami police mug shot on Feb. 9, 2001. (Photo Metro-Dade Police)

Former basketball star Dennis Rodman
(August 1, 2006)
Former basketball star Dennis Rodman after he was arrested with actress Carmen Electra in 1999 after they allegedly fought in a hotel. (Photo Miami Beach Police)

Baseball star Darryl Strawberry
(June 16, 2004)
Former baseball player Darryl Strawberry in 2000 arrested on charges of reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident. (Photo Hillsborough County, Fla., Sheriff's Office)
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
greencom

Re: Our heros!

Post by greencom »

Thank goodness the children have wonderful role models like these treasures to look up to!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Ah yes indeed!

These are the celebrity icons we should all look up to, the ones we must all respect and admire.

Uh huh! Perfect examples for our children.

NOT!!!

I have far more respect for the janitor, or the guy who drives a garbage truck than I will ever have for these sports goons.

I have no use for these monkey-boy and chimp-girl zoo-tramps!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

And we must also go to games and "support them," and worship them because they can play a sport. So what if Hulky McHulk mugged a little old lady? He's a totally awesome football player! Just overlook it! :roll:
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Snesgamer

Post by Snesgamer »

NFL = National Felons League. Should be the official acronym.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Snesgamer wrote:NFL = National Felons League. Should be the official acronym.
DAMN! I wish I had thought of that!

You beat me to it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yeah, sports players don't tend to make good role models, do they? They're so full of themselves they forget how lucky they really are to get so much for some little.
At the start of last year some football player crashed his £200,000 Ferrari down a tunnel on a motorway and escaped unharmed to practice that same day. To tell the truth, I felt more sorry for the car than him. He just wrecked something that would cost a normal person about seven years' worth of wages to buy and he can just run off and leave it to other people to sort out. My car costed less than a tenth of what his did - about £12,000 when I bought it new about three years ago. And I would most definitely take it seriously if I were to write it off! But to these footballers, money doesn't matter, because they've got enough of it to buy anyone out of their home and land! And for what? Kicking some pig skin around! They certainly don't deserve the mass coverage they get all the time, and if they are to wreck a car like a Ferrari then they should be made to drive a cheap, shitty car which is in need of wrecking! Only GOOD drivers deserve the flashy cars, not these sports morons who have their mind more on kicking a ball than safe driving. What a great example!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.