Sour Sport: Why Sports Suck

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I came across this great anti-sport article while searching SomethingAwful.com for something non-sports related.

One of the funniest parts of the article has to be this:
Average Sports Commentator Guy: "What's amazing about Joe Smith is that he's recovering from a monster groin injury. He's been rehabbing it for several weeks now and it looks like he stands to make a full recovery. I spoke with Joe's doctors and they were all optimistic. They said they don't see groin muscles like his very often, so they know he will do just fine. There is of course a tragic history of groin injuries in the Smith family, as the senior Joe Smith injured his groin some 38 times during his days as a professional athlete. It didn't hold him back and he was still able to have one son. I had a son, but I'm not allowed to see him because I'm a worthless waste of a man who spends his days talking about injured groins on national TV."
It also raises some issues we've been discussing on here -- the amount of 'skill' athletes have, how these athletes make way too much money for way too little effort (and how that money could be better spent), the amount of coverage sports get, etc.

Go read! :lol:
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!