John Terry injures guard's leg

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

John Terry injures guard's leg

Post by Lewis »

John Terry injures guard's leg driving from ground

Chelsea FC captain John Terry injured a security guard's leg as he drove out of the club's Stamford Bridge ground and then left the scene.

The club said Terry's 4x4 hit deputy security manager Steve Rowley as he drove slowly through a crowd of fans and photographers after Tuesday's game.

Mr Rowley, who was left with a badly bruised leg, said he did not blame Terry and there was "no bad feeling".

Chelsea said Terry was aware of "a lot of contact" with his car.

However, they said he did not think anyone had been injured.

Chelsea suffered a 1-0 defeat by Inter Milan in the Champions League last-16 match on Tuesday.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Terry was later breathalysed by Surrey Police at his home in Oxshott and investigations were continuing.

Police had initially said Mr Rowley had been left with a broken leg. However, the security guard said it was only "badly bruised".

'Complete accident'

Mr Rowley said: "John was quickly in contact with me once he realised what had happened and there's no bad feeling at all on my part.

"It wasn't his fault at all, it was a complete accident."

He added he would not be commenting further on the matter.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We can confirm there was an unfortunate accident as John Terry left Stamford Bridge last night.

"When driving out of the stadium at approximately 1-2 mph in a queue of traffic exiting the ground, his car was surrounded by photographers and fans.

"In the melee that ensued a member of Chelsea's security staff was knocked to the ground, making contact with the car. He suffered a badly bruised leg.

"John was aware at the time that there was a lot of contact with his car during the incident, but not that anyone was injured as a result.

"Upon hearing of the injury, John spoke to the police. He has also been in contact with the staff member to check on his welfare."

The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to Stamford Bridge at 2313 GMT.

A spokesman said a 35-year-old man had been taken by ambulance to a west London hospital and added: "The 4x4 car did not stop at the scene. Inquiries into the incident continue."

The London Ambulance Service confirmed one of its crews had treated a man for a "leg injury" and driven him to hospital.

Terry was recently sacked as England captain by manager Fabio Capello following allegations he had an affair with an England team-mate's ex-girlfriend.

He is alleged to have had an affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the ex-partner of England and former Chelsea defender Wayne Bridge, who now plays for Manchester City.
Website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8572727.stm

So he just drove through a group of people!? Is he mad!?
Earl

Re: John Terry injures guard's leg

Post by Earl »

He gets around in his car ... and in other ways, too. :twisted:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yeah, John Terry's been a bit of a naughty boy this year. This isn't the first leg he's given a good going-over in recent times.

It'll take him a while to rebuild his reputation! But then again, why should I support the idea of that? The guy should learn to control himself a bit more. That goes for both his car and his other urges!

Here's the video when the bloke whose ex-girlfriend John Terry trousered snubs Terry's handshake before a football game. (The pair of them should just grow up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5TZG5QuAcI

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I don't think jocks should have cars.

Jocks should be kept in cages and fed raw meat and their cages hosed down every evening.

And they should only be let out of their cages just long enough to play their games and when the games are over, it's back into their cages again.

And finally, when they get too old and broken down to play anymore, their cages should be loaded onto the deck of a freight ship and then the cages should be chucked into the deepest part of the sea.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Jocks shouldn't be allowed to have all the flashy, expensive cars. They'll only end up getting wrapped around a lamppost or involved in a head-on collision as their driver is too full of themselves to give the slightest bit of regard to the road environment. But then again, there's a lot of money involved in chasing a ball around, isn't there? So much so that the best, fastest cars can be written off by the players and just replaced with a new one like nothing ever happened. Whereas some of us have to be extremely careful with the ordinary, low-key car we've got! And I'm getting sick of John Terry too. When will that man realise he's not the most important person in the world? He has to realise that trousering other blokes' ladies and running over innocent people are not going to do his image any good in the long run. Think of all the sheep that are looking to follow him as a role model! What are they supposed to do when the truth dawns on them?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:. . . . . I'm getting sick of John Terry too. When will that man realise he's not the most important person in the world? He has to realise that trousering other blokes' ladies and running over innocent people are not going to do his image any good in the long run. Think of all the sheep that are looking to follow him as a role model! What are they supposed to do when the truth dawns on them?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
They'll just ignore the facts and continue to place him on a pedestal and look upon him as a role model. That's because the sports sheep are the same way themselves, living in their trashy single axle trailer homes, getting drunk on Sunday afternoons while watching sports, and then, they beat the living crap out of their wives and kids and kick the dog after their favorite team loese the big game.

So, what can you expect?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:
i_like_1981 wrote:. . . . . I'm getting sick of John Terry too. When will that man realise he's not the most important person in the world? He has to realise that trousering other blokes' ladies and running over innocent people are not going to do his image any good in the long run. Think of all the sheep that are looking to follow him as a role model! What are they supposed to do when the truth dawns on them?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
They'll just ignore the facts and continue to place him on a pedestal and look upon him as a role model. That's because the sports sheep are the same way themselves, living in their trashy single axle trailer homes, getting drunk on Sunday afternoons while watching sports, and then, they beat the living crap out of their wives and kids and kick the dog after their favorite team loese the big game.

So, what can you expect?
You're right. There's only so much you can expect out of crazed sports fans, i.e. not a lot.

When I'm disappointed or down I would rather think of it as a failure on my part than just some overpaid "celebrities" I'll never meet failing to attain their goal of winning a game. At the end of the day, they're still getting paid exorbitant amounts of money for chasing a ball round a field once a week, the teams still have tons of loving fans whatever their results and they still get all the flashy cars, nice women and press coverage for doing little more than playing a child's game on an excessively-large scale. The teams should not be pitied when they lose. The fans should. Getting so mad and worked up even though their sports heroes are still okay and very well-off regardless of the score and the game has absolutely no bearing on their life or personal issues whatsoever. How can a game interfere with one's mind and life so much?

I still fail to see how people could get so emotionally attached to football. It's a game. A competitive game, of which there are many different sorts, including family board games like Scrabble and chess and whenever I play them I don't let the result affect my attitude to life. Seriously sports fans, what's the fuss?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

P.S. Happy 1500th post Fat Man. Addictive, posting on here, isn't it?