Out of deference to i_like_1981

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Earl

Out of deference to i_like_1981

Post by Earl »

Early yesterday morning I started a new topic that I entitled "Should I ban Nick?" In less time than a minute, I decided to delete it because at that point in time I didn't know what to do about Nick. As he later informed me in a PM, i_like_1981 was just about to submit a response to my topic when I deleted it (my post, that is). He had lightlighted his entire response and copied it to his computer's short-term memory; so, he copied and pasted it in the PM that he left for me. Needless to say, I realize that it's now dated; but since he went to the trouble of doing that, I wanted to express my appreciation to him by copying and pasting it, in turn, to my post that you are now reading, the text of which is as follows:
i_like_1981 wrote:
Earl wrote:I would like to hear input from other members of this forum as to whether I should ban Nick. Ray has already said I should. i_like_1981? HugeFanOfBadReligion? abitagirl? sparkle? Fat Man? Skul? Lewis? Sergey? Any other member of this forum? Don't be afraid to defend Nick. I won't hold it against you. I haven't made a firm decision yet, but I am leaning in the direction to ban him. If only someone can persuade me to not do it ...

As for you, Nick, you need not respond. After all, since you don't take anything seriously, I know you wouldn't care if you were banned. As W. C. Fields used to say, "Go away, boy. You bother me."
Well... I have one bit of advice for you. Change his rank to SPAMMER. Don't ban him yet, as he does have a bit to contribute on many topics, but he's done nearly 200 posts and has still not given us any solid information on how he feels about sports or bullying. His brief yet frequent posts do not serve much use on the website. He's not telling us enough to be taken seriously as a member on his website. And I get the feeling he condones the harassment of the 4channers on this website and also with all their other targets. He has no problems with what they do and has said he finds Encyclopedia Dramatica funny. As you pointed out in another thread, Earl, he raises the status of chan to an almost-religious level with the use of the words "omnipresent" and "all-knowing". He's definitely with them to some extent, even if he's not one of the /sp/artans.

I don't really know if he likes or dislikes sports. He claims to be indifferent but has defended the collection of baseball cards and compared it as equal to reading books. Somehow I don't think that's a decent comparison - books educate, as HugeFanOfBadReligion said. Baseball cards are what kids collect for fun with friends. A meagre hobby that should not be compared to education in any way. I used to find Nick funny and sarcastic but I see what you mean now. He's becoming a bit of a pest and is not making himself clear at all. He could well be with the /sp/artans for all I know; there's no evidence either way, so this is the time to raise suspicions. So, I don't think he should be banned as he has not unjustly or unnecessarily insulted any other member, and I don't think he should be given the "GAY" jersey as he doesn't seem to have much of a pro-sports stance and just isn't obnoxious or downright stupid enough to warrant that being set as his avatar. But he's putting up loads of posts that don't really mean anything or establish any strong feelings on either side of the argument so I believe a "SPAMMER" rank is in order. And of course, he's defending 4chan quite a lot. If he wants to like 4chan that's his choice, I can't ban him from having interests. But this is certainly not the best place to be promoting it and its actions, and I don't like the way he classes it all as "one big joke" either. Some of the things I have read on the cached 4chan threads about this website are certainly not to be laughed at.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Out of deference to i_like_1981

Post by Fat Man »

Normally, I would have said, don't ban him just yet.

But after he called me a pedophile when I was in fact a rape victim at the age of 17 back in April of 1969, well, he crossed the line.

That is stooping really low, when somebody calls a rape victim a pedophile, especially when I absolutely hate pedophiles and believe that they should get the death penalty.

So, in that case, I'm glad you banned his ass from these forums.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

He made me mad, too, Fat Man.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:He made me mad, too, Fat Man.
Yeah!

WE MAD!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Ah, thanks for sharing my post with the board. And also, thanks for taking my advice on Nick's new rank. That SPAMMER rank sure suited him! Well what would you expect, cluttering up the board with pretty useless brief posts and then saying it is just because "I like seeing my name plastered all over the forum". Yeah, there are other members here who deserve more priority! They actually know how to make a point.

I hear Nick is banned now, which puts all these arguments to an end. Well, he even admitted on his profile he liked "4chan" and "trolling" so he was never going to be much good as a member. Why should we accommodate a person who supports our enemies and what they stand for? People on here have had enough of the 4channers and their crap.

The ban had to happen. It could not be denied - it was always going that way.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

I actually gave him the SPAMMER rank shortly before you suggested it. He basically was just a spammer (or /sp/ammer?), though.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Earl

Post by Earl »

"/sp/ammer" ... hey, that's funny. :lol: (Mrs. Earl burst out loud laughing and said, "That's great! That's cool!")

abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Yes, you should ban (OK, I see it's been done). I don't know why I haven't bothered replying to his crap. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

abitagirl wrote:Yes, you should ban (OK, I see it's been done). I don't know why I haven't bothered replying to his crap. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
No, you're just being smart.

I feel stupid for having wasted my time arguing with him. :oops: :oops: :oops:

blackdog4444

Post by blackdog4444 »

Thank you for banning that thing. I was growing tired of its lack of morality and knowledge.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

blackdog4444 wrote:Thank you for banning that thing. I was growing tired of its lack of morality and knowledge.
Well, I can forgive ignorance to a certain extent, but there is no excuse for any lack of morality.

I've known retards who still knew the difference between right and wrong. It doesn't that a PhD to know that lying, bullying, or rape is wrong. That's just simple common decency.

Nick was like Damien Thorn from the movie Omen, only not as intelligent.

He had absolutely no morals. He was the mean little brat from Hell.

He came into these forums reaching into his diaper and throwing his carp at us. He probably likes to play in a sandbox full of hot coals!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:"/sp/ammer" ... hey, that's funny. :lol: (Mrs. Earl burst out loud laughing and said, "That's great! That's cool!")
I made that up first! I demand the credit for it! Oh well, plagiarism is a form of flattery, I guess. :lol:

He said he wasn't from the /sp/ board at 4chan, but I'm sure his escapades and eventual ban on this forum have convinced him to join them! Although if he is posting under anything other than "Anonymous" I shall be most surprised.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.