Sports Suck! Chatroom

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
mikejones
Sports Bore

Re: Sports Suck! Chatroom

Post by mikejones »

you all are soft.
resolvent

Post by resolvent »

Someone get the ref to throw this mikejones out of the game. :P
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Now, I don't like to bring back threads that have not had any further updates for over a year but this seems like a good idea that has just been thrown aside. Several of our current members, including myself, have never even had chance to hear about this great idea of a Sports Suck chatroom as interest died out well before we came along. Now I would be most glad to come back here every now and again for a quick chat if one of you is interested. Don't worry - you'll be fine with me. Just make the odd reference to the 80's and I won't be too nasty. That's a promise. I apologise if I have violated the board regulations by digging up such an old thread but I think this is being wasted, this chatroom. Now this site has a fair few regulars, including myself who has visited about every other day for a quick read through the currently active topics, we can take advantage of this again and get it back in action. I'll be on tomorrow evening at around 7:00pm, possibly, if anyone wants a quick natter with i_like_1981? Well do you? You must talk with us NAO! Only joking. But hell, posting and emailing are all very well, but talking in real time is the closest we'll ever get to meeting each other. I never meet people face-to-face who I get to know on the internet but I would not turn down a real-time chatroom conversation with them if possible. Perhaps I could recommend the local old music fans a few tracks to check out? Well, if you're up for it.

I'd like to say more, but it's time for me to get off the computer now. I use it enough. But I shall pay the odd visit to this site and I'll make sure to get my word in on the recent argument between the forum members and Andy which appears to have claimed the scalp of a reasonably innocent sports fan. Believe me, I despise idiots like Harold who insist on making the usual predictable stereotypical assumptions about the people here and just going without bothering to make a reasonable enquiry into our motives for being against professional sports but when more kind-hearted sports fans come round to make their points in a civil way and are given the abuse which should be reserved for the unreasonable people, the use of harsh unreasoned attacks made does show similarities to the modus operandi of the meatheaded sports fans we love to and have darn good reason to berate. I shall be returning. You shall be seeing rather a lot of me when the footbore World Cup is on in June - I left a comment about this on the Guestbook. It'll be a hard time for us sports haters - it's that time that comes around every four years when we're more screwed than ever! The world is screaming sports - it's divine to the ears of many yet pure horror to the ears of a few! Yet who cares about the interests of "a few" when the rest of the world is satisfied? Please the majority - that's what the people who run this world think about nowadays! Not bothering to think of the select number of us who will have to suffer! Lock yourselves away... footbore's coming home!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

It took some time, but the chatroom is up, again. We didn't have many members and we rarely managed to talk to each other, so the chatroom was abandoned. Now that we've got a few more members, we've relaunched the chatroom with a new version. Mainly because I forgot the login details of the old one. :P

The first post has been updated with the new link. Just remember that everything about the chatroom before this post does not refer to the new one.

http://www.sportssuck.org/chat.htm
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Excellent. I shall now proceed to check it out. I did notice that the new Chatroom link had been placed underneath the forum link on the main website page but didn't go there as I didn't think anyone was interested in using it apart from myself. But now it has been announced I shall try and go on there every now and again. We may even have a few, erm... unwelcome visitations on there, but we know what to do when that happens! It'll be a break from my usual mini-essay style of posting. Have fun, everyone.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Cool, I've never noticed this feature before. I'll be sure to use it if anyone's online.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
greencom

Post by greencom »

mikejones wrote:you all are soft.
Oooooooo, we have a tough guy here. Ok everyone let's be scared. :shock:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

greencom wrote:
mikejones wrote:you all are soft.
Oooooooo, we have a tough guy here. Ok everyone let's be scared. :shock:
Yeah! I'm hiding under my bed right now!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I've been on there a few times, left some messages, but nobody else has ever been around to reply. Oh how lonely I am. :cry: Perhaps we should arrange designated chat times so we'll all know when the time is right for a chat? It can't be out here in the forum, though. No, we may expect another 4chan visitation if we get too vocal about our plans! I leave it to you. I'm not the one in charge here.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Yes, I too have found there to be no one online whenever I visit the chat room. I would be fine with a time for a lot of people to go online.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Maybe it would be best to schedule a weekly chat.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
HugeFanOfBadReligion

I'd say sometime on Friday nights (well whatever "night" is for the most commonly used time zone on this site).

sparkle

Post by sparkle »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I'd say sometime on Friday nights (well whatever "night" is for the most commonly used time zone on this site).
Haha, yes, Friday works for me. I am on Central Time in the US, so like after 8 PM on Friday I would love to talk. :D

I realize some people are in England here so I could come earlier like 7 or really even in the afternoon like 5?
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

sparkle wrote:
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I'd say sometime on Friday nights (well whatever "night" is for the most commonly used time zone on this site).
Haha, yes, Friday works for me. I am on Central Time in the US, so like after 8 PM on Friday I would love to talk. :D

I realize some people are in England here so I could come earlier like 7 or really even in the afternoon like 5?
How about sending another user a PM asking them for a chat if they're online at the same time as you? Yes, it is a matter of coincidence but it does happen from time to time. Make sure to get noticed before they log off or your chance for a chat is gone! If you see my username on the "Online users" listing, I'm always ready and willing for a quick natter... :wink:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

HugeFanOfBadReligion

I talked to someone on the Chatroom today. I forgot his name. He asked something about the local sports team, which confused me a bit, so I asked him if he was a member here, a new/casual visitor, a 4chan troll, or a jock. He said something along the lines of "A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B". So I was a little bit suspicious of the conversation and confused, but he didn't do anything bad and he likely was telling the truth about being a visitor here. But that's the first time I've ever seen anyone online.