FAN FICTION ABOUT US ON THE ENCYCLOPEDIA DRAMATICA ARTICLE!!

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
i_like_1981

FAN FICTION ABOUT US ON THE ENCYCLOPEDIA DRAMATICA ARTICLE!!

Post by i_like_1981 »

I decided to go on Encyclopedia Dramatica article earlier on today to see if the 4channers had made any major changes or additions to it, and it turns out they have! There is now an entire new section featuring bits of fan fiction that have been written based on certain aspects of this site, namely me and Fat Man. Some of the content in that section is pretty sick; the first section of it I will not post as it is just disturbing and goes to show what kind of opponent we are really facing. Not a decent, honest one that wishes to understand our point of view and start an exchange of ideas and thoughts that will lead to a mutual understanding, but one who laughs at their plight and just wants to go out of their way to really cause offence. I shall omit the first section.

However the second section of the fan fiction section was slightly more amusing to me; I liked reading what their impressions of me were like and how they presented me in their little story:
My friend, 1981 (AN: I_like_1981 dis is u!) woke up then and grinned at me. He flipped his long waist-length 1980's hair metal band hair with pink streaks and opened his forest-green eyes. He put on his White Snake t-shirt with black short shorts, fishnets and pointy boots. As he was putting on his make-up I ate a frozen pizza.
Very funny. They do have very active imaginations don't they? Yes, I am into the metal of the 1970's and 80's, from bands such as Black Sabbath, Metallica and a few tracks from Slayer and Dio, but pink streaks in my hair, fishnets and pointy boots? Come on, not even I want to stand out that much. And yes, I do like some of the music by Whitesnake (it's written as one word, not two, dumbasses) but I do not presently own a T-shirt depicting their band logo or tour information. Still, that was funny. But some of the other stuff in the fan fiction section was definitely not funny at all. I'm surprised at how far they like to push the envelope. Do they not have any decency at all? To laugh at hideous crimes against people is lower than low. The raids and spammers can be handled but when people seek to turn traumatic events into subjects of sick amusement, that is when I feel it crosses the line.

So, there's another mini-essay from me which I'm sure the /sp/artans will post up on their board and laugh at. Still, I don't care. Nothing wrong with long posts. When they can be done they should be done. There's only so much that can be expressed in short sentences of only three or four words. Online friendships can only be started by means of lots and lots of words. Whether that is done by means of lots of small messages or a few enormous ones is down to the person to choose but if you're not ready to handle a fair few words then you really shouldn't be on the internet, let alone laughing at people who have the ability to handle and produce such eloquent verbiage like ourselves! I reckon the 4channers are afraid of our ability to say so much. In a battle of wits and brain it is not good to attack unarmed!

So, go and check out the Fan Fiction on the ED page and see what you make of it. WARNING - some of it is most definitely unpleasant. There are some seriously messed up people on that site, but I think we all know that by now.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Re: FAN FICTION ABOUT US ON THE ENCYCLOPEDIA DRAMATICA ARTIC

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

What assholes. They've not only crossed the line, they've turned into tyrants. They are the internet equivalents of dictators and totalitarians who will do whatever they can to torment anyone who expresses opinions that contradict their views. The thing they said about Fat Man in the first part of the fan fiction that would bring back bad memories, that was a terrible thing to say. They've insulted a victim and mentioned something that was obviously a traumatizing experience. They have no sense of morality and no sense of guilt. I don't care if they are just some bored teenagers. I'm also a bored teenager, but I don't go around harassing people through the internet.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Do they not have any decency at all?
No, they don't.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:What assholes. They've not only crossed the line, they've turned into tyrants. They are the internet equivalents of dictators and totalitarians who will do whatever they can to torment anyone who expresses opinions that contradict their views. The thing they said about Fat Man in the first part of the fan fiction that would bring back bad memories, that was a terrible thing to say. They've insulted a victim and mentioned something that was obviously a traumatizing experience. They have no sense of morality and no sense of guilt. I don't care if they are just some bored teenagers. I'm also a bored teenager, but I don't go around harassing people through the internet.
Ditto.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I agree. They have crossed a line that definitely should not be crossed. One day in the future, when this current age of Internet and online messaging becomes a period of history which people learn and read about, like the Victorian era is now, 4chan and other such sites like it will be frowned upon as embodying the worst in this culture. Throughout time some people have seeked to bring misery to the lives of undeserving people. It's such a shame that individuals like this exist and people like Nick seem oblivious to all of the cruel, spiteful things they do and even appear to condone this. Laughing at me for being stuck in the past is alright but to laugh at the victim of a terrible crime against humans is absolutely unjustifiable. I wish there was some way to have them taken down for all they've done but the sad truth is, Nick was right. 4chan can't be destroyed. There will always be bullies scouring the internet, many of them, and this is where they can get their work done. Even if the present 4chan was to be banned there would most likely some other spiteful individual on the internet ready to take up the task of reviving it under a different name and style. There will always be a bad side to the human species.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

My father had a saying that he would tell me as I was growing up that bears repeating at this point (with regard to the 4channers and others): Don't let the bastards get you down.

Lest I be misunderstood, mocking anyone who has been a victim of sexual trauma is beneath contempt. And attacking someone like Fat Man while hiding behind a computer is particularly cowardly.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

How can the people on ED write this? They are vile, loathsome people!
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

It's ridiculous to even pay attention. Clearly they just want a reaction. Let them think whatever. No one takes that opinion seriously.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Seriously, stop acknowledging them.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Skul wrote:Seriously, stop acknowledging them.
sparkle wrote:It's ridiculous to even pay attention. Clearly they just want a reaction. Let them think whatever. No one takes that opinion seriously.
I'm sorry, you're both right. But I don't think we should let them bully us into turning a blind eye towards all they do to run us down. I made the same mistake at high school, hardly having anything to say back to my enemies when they decided to target me - I felt they had taken away my freedom of speech. I shall not acknowledge any more actions from the 4channers but to turn a blind eye to their harassing behaviour is to condone it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

greencom

Post by greencom »

I_Like_1981,
I know what you are saying but worrying about what these lowlife pieces of fecal matter have to say is not worth your time or worthy of attention from anyone. There will always be dung piles like these around, it's just a fact of life.
SmartSportsPerson
Sportsman

Post by SmartSportsPerson »

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're writing enormous essays about the 4channers whenever they do something related to you or your site. Yeah, go on, mention it in the odd post if you must but don't go makin' a big deal over it and writing these extensive reports on what they do, or you're just gonna get even more trolling. Seriously, you could be putting your time to purposes that actually serve some use.
Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm so touched by your concern for us.

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

SmartSportsPerson wrote:This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're writing enormous essays about the 4channers whenever they do something related to you or your site. Yeah, go on, mention it in the odd post if you must but don't go makin' a big deal over it and writing these extensive reports on what they do, or you're just gonna get even more trolling. Seriously, you could be putting your time to purposes that actually serve some use.
:roll: I don't see you putting your time to a useful purpose, coming onto an internet forum full of people you really have nothing meaningful to share with and goading them into answering your crap. The pot is calling the kettle black indeed. Listen, if you're so offended by our style of posting and having to process sentences that are more complex than "OH I LOVE FUBBALL! FUBBALL IS ONE KICKASS SPORT!", don't bother coming. Why does it concern you how much we write? I suppose large amounts of text don't agree with your average sports fan, unless of course it's the match programme. And plenty of fans don't even read the text anyway, they just want the pictures of... MEN IN SHORTS! Yep, that definitely justifies the spending of 3-5 quid.

Best regards,
i_like_1981