John Terry's father is caught on film selling cocaine

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Lewis

John Terry's father is caught on film selling cocaine

Post by Lewis »

A shoplifting mother... now England captain John Terry's father is caught on film selling cocaine

The father of England football captain John Terry has been caught supplying cocaine in a bar.

Ted Terry, whose son earns £160,000 a week, was secretly filmed arranging to pass on the class A drug to an undercover reporter.

He agreed to hand over three grams from his regular supplier at a price of £120 - provided he received an additional £40 to buy a gram for himself.

It is the latest family embarrassment for John Terry, who yesterday captained Chelsea to victory in their home match against Manchester United.

His mother, Sue, was cautioned for shoplifting earlier this year.

The footballer's jobless 55-year- old father, who is separated from Mrs Terry, was videoed handing over three wraps of the drug in the lavatory of an Essex wine bar.

He told the reporter, who posed as a chauffeur buying the drugs for his wealthy boss:

'The stuff 's all right. I get off on it.'

He added: 'This is just between me and you. Don't tell him that I'm John Terry's dad.'

The News of the World said the deal took place last Thursday at the Unit 4 wine bar in Chafford Hundred, near Grays.

The former forklift truck driver lives 200 yards from the bar in a £250,000 terrace house, which was paid for by his 28-year-old son.

He boasted to the undercover reporter that the Chelsea captain had given him a £15,000 Rolex watch as an early Christmas present and tickets for holidays to Dubai and Florida.

According to the newspaper, Mr Terry was keen to fix a drug deal between the reporter and his supplier - as long as he was 'treated' in return.

He allegedly said: 'If they're happy with it, talk to me and I'll most probably be able to get you discount.

'I can most probably get it f***ing cheaper but he don't know you, so he's charging you the right price, know what I mean?'

Yesterday there was no answer at Mr Terry's home and neighbours said they had not seen him since the allegations broke.

One said: 'He'll be in pieces about this. Not so much for himself but for John because it's embarrassing for him.'

Although the News Of The World said it launched its investigation after a tip-off that Mr Terry was arranging drug transactions, a worker at one of the businesses near the wine bar insisted he did not deal in drugs.

She said: 'The bloke he gave it to was someone who had been coming in for a while. He thought he was helping a mate but he is not a dealer.

'Ted is a really nice guy and he's really cut up about what happened.'

Mr Terry is believed to have been banned from the bar where the deal took place.

But an employee there said there was 'no way' he was a drug dealer.

'He comes in all the time and I would know if he was doing anything. He never even talks about drugs.

'Everyone in the bar was laughing about it because it's so unlike him. It's not like he needs the money.

'He is a genuinely nice bloke who will be more embarrassed about this than anything else.

'There is a complete zero tolerance attitude to drugs in the bar - the manager would never allow it.'

Asked about the photographic evidence of the transaction, the employee added: 'Everyone's been asked by a friend to do a favour.'

John Terry, who is worth an estimated £10million, knew nothing about the cocaine deal or his father's behaviour.

The scandal comes seven months after his mother Sue Terry, 50, and mother-in-law, Sue Poole, 54, were arrested and cautioned after being caught with £800 of clothes and groceries from Tesco and Marks & Spencer.

Among the items were said to be girls' flip flops, leggings, casual shirts, men's and ladies' watches, a green tracksuit, groceries, sweets and pet food.

The two women, who live on the same exclusive street as the Chelsea star, were stopped by police as they loaded their car at an out- of-town shopping centre in Weybridge, Surrey.

Terry himself was arrested following a fracas at a club in 2003.

He was later cleared of four charges, including affray and wounding with intent.

The footballer has spoken of how his parents worked hard to help him on the road to success, saying when he became England captain: 'I definitely see my success as a chance to repay my family.'
Website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... caine.html
sparkle

Re: John Terry's father is caught on film selling cocaine

Post by sparkle »

Honey, lots of people do cocaine and it doesn't mean he does cocaine. It's not a sports thing.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Nick

Post by Nick »

Seconded. (Sparkle)
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, it's more sports celebrities breaking the law, isn't it? It only goes to further prove our cause right! But it's not a sports thing, as you say. For a start, it's not even the sports player himself, it's his dad. But what the hell, it's John Terry's dad doing a crime. And as everyone in Britain knows, John Terry's been taking rather a lot of flak recently, so why not open those fresh wounds even wider, try and bring Terry down while he's at his weakest by dishing up some dirt on his father and using their relation to implicate Terry himself in all this! If he can't be finished now, he won't be until he decides to stop playing. And as we all know, unless they've done something really evil, football players get away with all sorts of stuff. It's going to take more than trousering another bloke's missus, bumping into someone in a car and having a drug-dealing dad to destroy one of England's highest-paid footballers who shall be representing the country in this year's World Cup.

To sum up - John Terry shall not go down. (My God, I sounded like a right sports bore saying all of that.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

The focus should be on people who actually do harm. I have people in my family that do things that make me ashamed, but he shouldn't be blamed for them. If we are what our families do, I'm a thief and a drug addict. (I am neither.) Lots of guys who play sports do bad things, but this wasn't one of them.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
veronica
One-post wonder

Post by veronica »

I have a friend that knows some potentially damaging info on John Terry's drug habits...
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

veronica wrote:I have a friend that knows some potentially damaging info on John Terry's drug habits...
I thought it was just John Terry's dad doing the drugs but I'm guessing Terry himself probably couldn't resist the odd go with it. The celebrity life, eh? I see you're new on these forums, veronica, so welcome. And remember, if you've got any incriminating information on sports players, here is the place to put it!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Lol, I just saw a vid about how to tell if a Rolex watch was fake. I bet his was fake. :D This is kinda of minor to be honest, he hasn't killed anyone or done any damage while being influenced by the drug besides selling them. I remember this article where a drunk jock killed an elderly couple and himself in a car accident. Apparently most of the community instead of mourning the death of two elderly citizens too, they weep for their lost "hero," the jock who was the cause of it all to being with.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D