Happy Birthday i_like_1981!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Cheech&Chong_NiceDreams_317x449.jpg
Cheech&Chong_NiceDreams_317x449.jpg (142.16 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Happy Birthday 1981!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
i_like_1981

Re: Happy Birthday i_like_1981!

Post by i_like_1981 »

Ah, thank you so much. It must be June 5 over on your end already. Sadly here it's only 3:20pm on the 4th. Gotta wait a bit longer yet... nonetheless, cheers for starting the thread and the poster. Shame that my birthday celebrations won't quite be the same as that... :lol:

Here's an interesting coincidence for you... if my hunch about your time zone is right, you must have submitted that post at 12:42 am on 5 June (2010). I myself was born at 12:42 pm on 5 June (1981).

Thanks for the wishes! I'll be back on here tomorrow.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Happy birthday i_like_1981! I guess you'll be 30 next year, what's it like knowing that? Anyway, have a great birthday.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Happy ...
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

... Birthday, ...
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Earl

Post by Earl »

... i_like_1981!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Happy ...
Earl wrote:... Birthday, ...
Earl wrote:... i_like_1981!
Well, I see you found an easier way to get more than one color in your post. :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

And here's an interesting coincidence for you 1981 - those car pics that I have been using as my avatar lately, are actually screen shots from the movie "Mad Max 2" (or possibly you people O.S. might know that movie as "The Road Warrior"?).

Well, last night I googled that movie just out of curiosity to find out when it was released, and you'll never guess what? It was released in the year... guess... go on, have a guess... you give up?... Mad Max 2... was released... in the year... 1981!

OMG!

Anyway, enjoy the pic of the DVD case cover of Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams - released on the day you were born, as I recall!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif (493 Bytes) Viewed 539 times
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thank you dickfilthy, Earl, Lewis, Fat Man and HugeFanOfBadReligion for the birthday wishes. As of now, I am 29 years, 1 hour and 52 minutes old.

As you may have guessed, I'm not doing a hell of a lot today. At work yesterday I got given a few cards for today but it turns out not everyone was so eager as I expected to have a party over at my place. I wonder why that may be? Well, it was kind of them to think of me.

I was up until about 2am last night on the internet checking to see if the people over at the Ashes to Ashes forum which I signed up for last month had started a birthday thread for me. (I am quite a prolific new member round there.) But they haven't and I doubt they will. I actually nearly got banned there for responding to a user in German. Wie unerhort!

I had a phone call from my parents earlier today wishing me a nice day. They asked me if they got the card they sent, which hasn't turned up yet, so I said no. They asked what I was up to, and so I told them my plans for later - me, myself and I will be going out for an Italian meal later. They seemed a bit disappointed that I should be seeing this out on my own, saying "You really have to find yourself a woman, 1981! You can't mean to spend your whole life like this!" My answer was, "The women here have standards, you know." My little sarcastic joke didn't quite go down so well as expected. They wished me a nice day anyway but I suspect my solitude eats them up more than it does me.

Okay, that's my birthday so far. I'd best try and get myself looking presentable for my meal tonight even if I'm not aiming to enjoy a little bit more than the food, if you know what I mean. :wink: So thanks for the wishes. I'll see you again sometime, maybe even later.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
abitagirl

Post by abitagirl »

Happy Birthday 1981!
Yes, it really is JUST A GAME.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Happy birthday, darling.
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

Happy birthday, 1981!

I'm late, again.
sparkle wrote:Happy birthday, darling.
What's going on here? :P
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Skul wrote: What's going on here? :P
SKUL!! LOLZ!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for being late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY I_like_1981!!
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D