Happy Birthday i_like_1981!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
i_like_1981

Re: Happy Birthday i_like_1981!

Post by i_like_1981 »

Thanks, abitagirl, sparkle, Skul and Indurrago. Very kind of you all. And no, Skul and Indurrago, you weren't too late... it's still June 5. (Well, it will be for another hour or so.)

So, another birthday of mine is about to come to a close. By the way, the meal was very nice. Perhaps one day there will be a nice lady sat on the opposite side of the table. Or perhaps... not. :lol:

As for sparkle's comment... hey, I'm certainly not going to complain. I can't remember the last time I was called "darling". It kind of raises my hopes.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Happy birthday i_like_1981! I guess you'll be 30 next year, what's it like knowing that?
Makes me wonder what exactly I've done in all that time... still, that's a while off yet.

Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday. Time to round it off with some old music.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Skul wrote:
sparkle wrote:Happy birthday, darling.
What's going on here? :P
It's just nothing. :p
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

i_like_1981 wrote:Thanks, abitagirl, sparkle, Skul and Indurrago. Very kind of you all. And no, Skul and Indurrago, you weren't too late... it's still June 5. (Well, it will be for another hour or so.)

So, another birthday of mine is about to come to a close. By the way, the meal was very nice. Perhaps one day there will be a nice lady sat on the opposite side of the table. Or perhaps... not. :lol:

As for sparkle's comment... hey, I'm certainly not going to complain. I can't remember the last time I was called "darling". It kind of raises my hopes.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Happy birthday i_like_1981! I guess you'll be 30 next year, what's it like knowing that?
Makes me wonder what exactly I've done in all that time... still, that's a while off yet.

Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday. Time to round it off with some old music.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I'm sure by the time I have a boyfriend, you will have found a girlfriend. :)
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*