High school graduation at Don Haskins Sports Center

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

High school graduation at Don Haskins Sports Center

Post by Fat Man »

As I had mentioned before, I have a health care worker who comes to my apartment on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. She cleans up my little apartment and cooks a meal for me.

She is one terrific lady, and she's like a younger sister to me. We get along great. She has a fantastic sense of humor and were always laughing and joking and we have many interesting conversations, and she enjoys listening to the You Tube music videos on my computer while she's working.

Anyway . . . . .

She has a daughter who graduated from Jefferson High School, and the graduation ceremony was held at the Don Haskins Sports Center, Monday on the 7th starting at 3:00 PM.

So, last week, my health care worker asked me if she could come early Monday morning on the 7th at 9:00 AM instead of 12:30 PM so she can get her four hours in and leave at 1:00 PM instead of 4:30 PM, and I said yes, because her daughter's graduation was very important to her.

She had to be at the Don Haskins Sports Center at 2:00 PM to meet with her daughter before the graduation ceremony started at 3:00 PM.

Well, I promised that as she was leaving at 1:00 PM, that I would also leave at the same time and meet her and her daughter at Don Haskins Sports Center, because I was looking forward to meeting her daughter. My health care worker talks about her daughter a lot, and she sounds like one terrific kid, so I was hoping I would have a chance to meet her.

So, both my health care worker and I left my apartment together at 12:45 PM. I got into my Jazzy Power Chair which I use for getting around because of the arthritis in my knees and ankles, so I use it when I go out.

We waited together at the bus stop for my bus to arrive around 1:00 PM, we gave each other a hug and I said I would see her and her daughter in a little while when I get off the bus at Don Haskins.

Well, when I got to the Don Haskins Sports Center, after getting off the bus and going into the building, it was a very hot day with temperatures around 105 so as I entered the building, I went to the refreshment stand to buy a cold drink.

The price was $3.25 for a 20 ounce soda, so I said "Screw that! Just give me a cup of ice water instead." but they also charge $3.25 just for a cup of ice water!

I told them I was hot and thirsty and needed a cool drink so they told me to use the fountain down the hall, but because I was sitting in my Jazzy Power Chair , the fountain was too high to reach. Normally, in most public buildings, there are two fountains side by side with one down lower for people who are handicapped, but NOT at the Don Haskins Sports Center.

I came back to the refreshment stand and told them I needed a cup so I could take water from the fountain, and at first they refused to give me a cup. So, I said "OK! I see! We cripples can't have water here in your SPORTS CENTER!!!" and then I said that I would file a discrimination law suit against them if they didn't give me a cup for water. After arguing with them for about 5 minutes, they finally gave me a cup so I could take water from the fountain.

I sat there at the main entrance waiting for my health care worker to arrive so we could go see her daughter, but I had no idea which entrance she would be coming in, if it was the main entrance, or the south, east, or west entrance, so I spent most of my time riding my Jazzy from one entrance to another to see if I could spot her.

No luck! So I went to the information window and ask if they could page her but they were not set up for paging anyone. So then I said, "OK, I guess there is no way to get any information here at a SPORTS CENTER!!!" there is no way to know anything at a SPORTS CENTER!!!

While I was out there in the hallway, by the main entrance there was some guy standing there holding a tray with little plastic cups about the size of shot-glasses and each one had 3 or 4 kernels of popcorn in them, and as he was about to hand me one, I asked him "How much does that cost? Let me guess, probably like $2 dollars each no doubt!" and he said no they were free and asked if I wanted one, and I said, "No thank you! You can shove it up your ass!" and I went on my way down the hall to keep on looking for my friend and her daughter.

Then I left him and as I headed down the hallway and I saw on a table there was great big bags of freshly made popcorn so you would think they would be handing out at least small bags of popcorn instead of just shot-glass sized little cups with 3 or 4 kernels in them. But no!

As I went down toward the end of the hall, I saw where all the graduates were standing around and I asked for the young lady who was the daughter of my health care worker. None of them were from
Jefferson High School, they were from other schools.

Then I spotted one of the workers and I asked him where I can find the Jefferson High School graduates and he pointed back in the direction from which I came, and he said that if I wanted to see the graduates that they were much closer and I said, "I don't care which group of graduates are closer, I only care which group has the graduates from Jefferson High School and where I can see them." but oh! He thought he was being helpful by pointing out the closest group. and again I said "I don't want the closest group! I want the right group!" so I had to wander around until I reached the other end of the hallway which was all the way round toward the back of the building and there I found the Jefferson High School graduates.

Now the graduates were standing behind closed gates, so you can't go in, but I thought I could ask someone behind the gate to call someone over. I told them the name of the of student I wanted to see but there were three other students with the same first name.

One of the workers standing in front of the gate was not at all helpful in giving me any information. So after arguing with him for a few minutes, I finally sad" You know, you really look kind of retarded!" so I went back to the main entrance, and after I had wondered around for about an hour and a half, I gave up any hope of finding my friend.

I went back to the information window, and asked how I could get any help locating anybody, but no such information was fourth coming. They said I should jut go on into the arena and watch the ceremony and I said" Oh! Fantastic! I get to sit all alone with total strangers to watch the ceremony instead of sitting next to a friend! Thanks a lot!" so, I decided to leave instead.

I went back to the refreshment stand, and I told them that I'm going to be sitting out in the hot sun waiting for a bus to go home and I insisted that they fill my cup with ice water and don't give me any bullshit that's it's going to cost me $3.25 either!

Then I went back to the information window again and I said, "I just want to thank you all for being inconsiderate and unhelpful. But what can I expect? There is no way to find out any information in a SPORTS CENTER! You're all a bunch of retarded slack-jawed morons! Good day!" and then I left the Don Haskins Sports Center.

As I was leaving, the guy standing at the main entrance with the tray and the little cups of popcorn having 3 or 4 kernels each, he tried again to hand me one of the little shot-glass sized cups, and I said, "Excuse me sir! But what part of shove it up your ass did you not understand? MORON!!!" then I went out the door.

Yeah! Anytime I asked anyone questions, their eyes would glaze over and their lower jaws would hang slack. I'm surprised that they didn't drool from the corners of their mouths and down their chins!

I got home about 5:30 PM and I was hot ant tired. Then at 7:00 PM I called my friend, my health care worker and we both felt sad about not being able to meet each other.

She also said that after the graduation ceremony was over, there was a later one scheduled for some other high schools, and that she and all the parents were not allowed to wait inside the building for their high school kids to come out, but instead, they had to wait outside, standing out in the hot sun!

Yeah! The people who run the Don Haskins Sports Center are all inconsiderate jerks and absolute total morons! Imbecilic drooling morons!

Well, anyway . . . . .

My health care worker promised that one of these days soon when she comes over as usual to my apartment, she will bring her daugher so I can meet her. I'm looking forward to that.

Well, I have no reason to ever go into the Don Haskins Sports Center anymore. I only went there this last Monday because of her daughter's graduation ceremony, so I have no need to ever go back there again. Never again!

That building really gives me the creeps! From the outside it looks dark and sinister!

As I have said a few times before, Don Haskins is down in the ninth circle of Hell, way down there in the Smokey Pokey giving blow-jobs to Adolph Hitler!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Re: HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION CEREMONY AT DON HASKINS SPORTS CE

Post by i_like_1981 »

I'm sure you were annoyed at having to hang round the Don Haskins Sports Center, probably your least favourite place in the whole city, for no good reason and not being able to see your health care worker and her daughter, but I still think you were a little harsh on that popcorn sales guy. Come on, it was free. Yeah, I'd have understood your anger a bit more if he'd attempted to charge people for four kernels in a shot glass but he did say they were free and offered you one, so don't you think it was a bit spiteful to insult him? Come on. Four kernels is better than none. Still, I don't suppose I'll be able to do anything about it, will I? No. Anyways, hope your eventual planned meeting goes well, it sounds like you have more people round at your flat than I do. But with the World Cup starting tonight, I'm just quite glad to be away from it all, really!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

i_like_1981 wrote:but I still think you were a little harsh on that popcorn sales guy. Come on, it was free. Yeah, I'd have understood your anger a bit more if he'd attempted to charge people for four kernels in a shot glass but he did say they were free and offered you one, so don't you think it was a bit spiteful to insult him? Come on. Four kernels is better than none.
I agree. I can understand you were unhappy (probably an understatement) about being inside a sports center, but there was no need to fly off the handle at someone offering free popcorn. He might even have just been some regular guy with a passing interest in sports who just happened to get that job.

Also, could you try to not make almost every thread titled in all capitals, please? An exclamation mark would work better.
i_like_1981 wrote:with the World Cup starting tonight, I'm just quite glad to be away from it all, really!
Time to get classy, methinks. :wink:
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:but I still think you were a little harsh on that popcorn sales guy. Come on, it was free. Yeah, I'd have understood your anger a bit more if he'd attempted to charge people for four kernels in a shot glass but he did say they were free and offered you one, so don't you think it was a bit spiteful to insult him? Come on. Four kernels is better than none.
Skul wrote:I agree. I can understand you were unhappy (probably an understatement) about being inside a sports center, but there was no need to fly off the handle at someone offering free popcorn. He might even have just been some regular guy with a passing interest in sports who just happened to get that job.
Well, I thought the guy passing out the little shot-glass size cups with the 3 or 4 kernels of popcorn was a farce and an insult.

Like, I'm suppose to be sooooooooooooooo thrilled to be getting 3 or 4 kernels pop corn when I came in all hot and tired and wanting a cool drink and they were going to charge me 3.25 just for a cup of water!

The last thing I was in the mood for was some salty popcorn.

I had to argue with the morons to give me a cup so I could take water from the fountain because when I was sitting in my JAZZY 614 HD power chair the fountain was too high.

Most public places would have two fountains side by side with one down lower for the handicapped. But NOT at a sports center! Cripples can't drink water at the sports center unless they pay for it, and I told them that if they charged me for water, that I was going to go out and find a public phone and dial 911 for the cops and have them busted because charging for water is criminal especially in a hot desert climate like we have around here.

It's bad enough that they charge $3.25 just for a 20 ounce soda but when they also charge the same just for some ice water, that is criminal. But then, most people having anything to do with sports are criminals. Sports is a racket.

Everyone working there was a glazy-eyed slack-jawed drooling moron!

So, they get no respect from me.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!