You know who i feel sorry for?

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
rotten

You know who i feel sorry for?

Post by rotten »

Trash men. (i promise, this ties back into sports) I actually feel sorry for them and don't look down upon them. I know i myself am not above being a trash man. A job is a job, and i am above none of them.
Here' the deal though,
They aren't paid well
They work rain or shine
It's a thankless job
Even if a holiday falls in the middle of the week, people continue to make trash those days. So if they do take that day off, they have twice the work to do the next day. And unlike other service jobs, there are no substitute trash men to fill in those days.

Now here's where it ties into sports.

Trash man = perfect ex jock job

It requires heavy lifting
It requires throwing stuff into a defined area
It's loud
It requires many repetitive motions
It requires grabbing onto something and hanging on for life
It smells bad
And brains aren't necessarily required
Last edited by rotten on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
i_like_1981

Re: You know who i feel sorry for?

Post by i_like_1981 »

I see what you mean here. Trash men perform a really valuable job to people and the environment. If they were to all quitâ?? our society would collapse under the strain of all that unremoved garbage. Yet due to the menial, dirty feel of the job and low pay, they're looked down upon by the snobby upper classes and even mocked. People really need to learn the value of this less desirable yet much needed work, as it gives us a nicer world to reside in.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Actually, I have far more respect for the man who drives a garbage truck or a janitor than I have for a professional football player.

The garbage man takes away the trash.

Football players ARE trash!

I seriously doubt that a jock is smart enough to even be a trash man or a janitor.
Last edited by Fat Man on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Excellent post rotten, I made a thread a few months back titled about jobs we respected more than athletics.

Name an occupation you respect more than athletics.
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... =11&t=4558
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!