A Columbine bully who became addicted out of guilt

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: A Columbine bully who became addicted out of guilt

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Good afternoon Earl.
Hi, Fat Man. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had trouble with another tooth. :( I hope you will continue to have relief from the pain.

I'm also glad that you haven't taken my criticism personally. I want visitors to this website know that each one of us speaks for himself and that we don't all think alike. But far more important than that, I have to remain true to my own principles.
That's OK.

Sometimes I do go over the top.

I understand where you're coming from. I just have a lot of anger issues that I have to deal with.
The Imperialist wrote:Wait... it is that bad?
My mother says (probably from past experience) that even in the south it is not too bad... or is it because of GW Bush...

But yes, people who do all kind of things... death penalty is a waste of time. Labour camp or penal battalion. If they die, their body is fertiliser. One must be as utilitarian as possible.
Yes, it's that bad!

Both Papa Bush and Baby Bush really fucked up this country!

And now, Texas is about to drag the rest of the USA down into the gutter!

The Texas State Board of Education (Indoctrination) has recently voted on textbooks that will be used for the next 10 years.

As Texas goes, so goes the nation!

Check out my annotated version of the following video on YouTube.

Don McLeroy - The Creationist in Charge of Education in Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmli0YI1WI

----------------------------------------
BigFatMan1951 | July 18, 2010

March 11, 2010 on ABC Nightline:

Fundamentalist Christian dentist (hey! That rhymes!) Don McLeory, promotes drastic curriculum change for school textbooks in the state of Texas.

Among some of the proposed changes would be to remove any mention of Thomas Jefferson from the history textbooks and replace him with John Calvin, a raving maniac who a few centuries ago had people tortured in the name of his religion.

This of course is not mentioned in the NEWS clipping on the video above, but many other purposed changes are mentioned.

Don McLeoroy was eventually voted out of the Texas State Board of Education, but it's too late, because the board has selected the Textbooks that will be used for the next 10 years, so we're all screwed!

Category: Education

Tags: * Education * Science * History * Evolution * Board of Education

I downloaded the original version and saved it to my computer, then I uploaded it to my own channel on YouTube, then I edited the video. I didn't chance the video content, but I only added my own comments (annotations) in little text blocks.

It is my featured video on my own YouTube channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatMan1951#p/a

My channel is titled . . . . .

Science Wins! Creationism Loses! We have the fossils! WE WIN!
BigFatMan1951's Channel

I have also saved a lot of videos to my page of Favorites which are on science and evolution.

So, if you watch this video, you will know just how bad things are in Texas.

You say the death penalty us a waste of time.

Well, I believe that rapist and pedophiles should get the death penalty, and maybe, if more football players were actually convicted of their crimes instead of getting off with just a slap on the wrist, it might discourage bullying in our high schools.

It's because of sports that the quality of education has been on a steady decline in the USA.

Look at the following chart below.

Now, this is really pathetic!

The USA is becoming another third world nation, another Banana Republic!

And now, thanks to some religious fanatics on our State Board of Education (Indoctrination) Creationism might be introduced into the school science curriculum. Kids in school are not going to learn jack-shit when it comes to science.

The process of education has been dumbed down to make it easier for moronic jocks to get passing grades.

I don't have much hope for the future of this country.

Safety wrote:That's so sad.
OK, exactly what is the sad part to you?

Please be more specific!

I don't feel sad for the ex-high school jock who hit the skids.

I feel sad for all the students who were bullied around by the jocks in Columbine.

Jason should get down on his knees and apologize to all the other students he had bullied around, and he should apologize to the parents of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold who went on their shooting spree and then, took their own lives.

Yes, what those two kids did was wrong, but sometimes bullying, harassment, and constant abuse can push some people way over the edge.

OK, I never watch religious programming like Pat Robertson's 700 Club or the Reverend Jerry Falwell (now deceased) on TV, but I understand that a lot of television evangelists blamed the teaching of Darwin's Theory of Evolution in our schools for what happened in Columbine because one of the two kids who did the shooting wore a T shirt that said "NATURAL SELECTION" on it.

This is pure bullshit, just like my being called a "fag" in school because I was more interested in studying science in school instead of participating in sports.

I happen to believe in Evolution, and I haven't killed anyone since breakfast!

Check out this YouTube video!

People you may meet in heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z4kmY5rBhI

--------------------------------------------------------------
ImaginaryGodBlessYou | September 24, 2008

This video was only intended to point out people that MIGHT go to heaven if heaven in fact exists and if the Holy Bible is true. It is NOT to claim that atheists are more moral or any less moral than believers of a deity.

PEOPLE IN THE VIDEO IN ORDER:

David Berkowitz
Ed Gein
Charles Cullen
Gary M. Heidnik
Mijailo Mijailovic
John Wayne Gacy
Gary Leon Ridgway
Dena Schlosser
Jeffrey Dahmer
John Edward Robinson Sr.
Charles Manson
Jim Jones
Peter Sutcliffe
John List
Aileen Wuornos
Robert L. Yates, Jr.
John Frazier
Kenneth Bianchi
Timothy McVeigh
Albert Fish
Coral Eugene Watts
Harvey Carignan
Arthur Gary Bishop
Jurgen Bartsch
Ted Bundy
Dennis Rader

And then, check out these cartoon videos on YouTube.

Christian Justice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAUhadJzTk

DarkMatter2525 | August 05, 2009

What would the American Justice System be like if we implemented New Testament rules?

And here's another cartoon video.

Comedy for Atheists: Let God Sort Them Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJoC7Lz6SI

DarkMatter2525 | January 14, 2009

9 people die and God must sort them out. Who will frolic in Heaven? Who will roast in hell? The only criterion for getting into Heaven is accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Are you good? Doesn't matter. Bad? Ditto. Morality from the Bible? How?

In the cartoon, a pedophile priest drags a little boy into his church. The innocent little boy says "but I don't believe in God" and a big truck driven by some drunken redneck crashes into the church, killing both the pedophile priest and the innocent little boy, the victim of the priest. They both are judged by "God" in the cartoon. The pedophile priest who committed millions of sins during his life goes to Heaven, while the innocent little boy who committed only one sin during his short life goes to Hell simply because he did not believe in Jesus.

Anyway, there are 9 characters in the cartoon with 6 of them going to Heaven. But 3 of them, even though they were good people, one being a doctor who saved many cancer patients, and another being a young lady who did charity and volunteer work at a homeless shelter, and the little boy go to Hell because the doctor was agnostic, the young lady was an atheist, and the little boy said he didn't believe in God.

The other 6 people, 4 or them violent gang-bangers who dealt drugs were killed during a shoot-out. They go to Heaven because they accepted Jesus when they were little children, and the drunken redneck who died when his truck crashed into the church, he had committed many sins including questionable acts with a goat, but he goes to heaven because he accepted Jesus after his sister's pregnancy test came out negative. The doctor was killed by a hit and run driver, and the young lady was killed when the church steeple toppled over on her because of the drunken redneck crashing into the church with his big truck.

Now, how's that for sick!!!

And television evangelists blame teaching Evolution in school as the cause of all the violence in the USA?

OH REALLY???
â??Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.â?

â??Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
Hitler was a Catholic.

I could go on and on about violence caused by religion.

Hey boys and girls! Can you say Inquisition?

And these tele-phony TV evangelists blame the teaching of Evolution in our schools as the cause of violence?

Yeah! That makes about as much sense as my having been called a "fag" in school because I preferred studying science instead of participating in sports.

NO! Sports is the cause of violence in our schools, and NOT teaching evolution!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm sorry you hate Christianity so much. Some of the videos you mention are outrageous and are on the level of propaganda. People who don't even follow the Bible are called Christians. May I remind you that all of the Communist dictators who tortured and slaughtered tens of millions of people were dedicated atheists -- all of them.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:Hitler was a Catholic.
Hitler stopped believing in the Catholic faith (that is, if he ever believed it) many years before he took over Germany. Privately he believed in the pagan Norse gods. He said publicly whatever he had to say to get support. He was, after all, an accomplished liar and deceiver. In private talks to his cronies, he called Judeo-Christian ethics "a slave morality"; and he called Jesus "a blemish, like circumcision." During the war the German Nazis frequently used Polish Roman Catholic priests as human guinea pigs in hideous medical experiments. After the war the Nazis were going to wipe out all churches and replace them with a "church" of their own, which would have absurdly depicted Jesus as an Aryan warrior instead of a Savior. These are historical facts. Not a very strong argument, Fat Man.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Did Hitler even have a real faith? I see it more towards him using the church as a way to get Christians on his side, occultism to get the dodgey people on his side, and use Norse mythology to whip up nationalist feelings and pride in Germanic heritage.

Christianity is not all that bad. But in the beginning, it was a group of fanatical fundamentalists who spread the word in the world where being a fanatical fundamentalist actually got you respect. (But the Romans, seeing the threat correctly, tried to wipe them out, but was a little too late, and this helped the downfall of the Roman Empire once Christianity became the religion of the powerful)

But one has to ask, what has Christianity done for the world, aside from organising multitudes of crusades, forced conversions, sowing the seeds of future religious fanaticism, other multitudes of religious wars. All of these completely outweighs what good it did (mostly individual acts, not social wide acts). Even if you believe in al the miracles that took place, and took Jesus' word to the basic level, it is very, very different from what is happening. (I mean, if the Bible says that all men are created equal, how come some idiots say that 'It doesn't apply to blacks, yellows, natives etc', when they are part of mankind also? When some points are very clear, people still are cocky enough to say 'But it doesn't actually apply to...'. What hypocrites, what idiots, and if the Bible can be interpreted in anyway possible, the Bible is not absolute, and so Jesus' words which were actually written down by people apart of Jesus, nothing is concrete, nothing is a constant. I bet that if Christianity was made today, people would redicule it as a cult, eventually turning into something that will commit terrorist acts.)
Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man wrote:And here's another cartoon video.

Comedy for Atheists: Let God Sort Them Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuJoC7Lz6SI

DarkMatter2525 | January 14, 2009

9 people die and God must sort them out. Who will frolic in Heaven? Who will roast in hell? The only criterion for getting into Heaven is accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Are you good? Doesn't matter. Bad? Ditto. Morality from the Bible? How?

In the cartoon, a pedophile priest drags a little boy into his church. The innocent little boy says "but I don't believe in God" and a big truck driven by some drunken redneck crashes into the church, killing both the pedophile priest and the innocent little boy, the victim of the priest. They both are judged by "God" in the cartoon. The pedophile priest who committed millions of sins during his life goes to Heaven, while the innocent little boy who committed only one sin during his short life goes to Hell simply because he did not believe in Jesus.

Anyway, there are 9 characters in the cartoon with 6 of them going to Heaven. But 3 of them, even though they were good people, one being a doctor who saved many cancer patients, and another being a young lady who did charity and volunteer work at a homeless shelter, and the little boy go to Hell because the doctor was agnostic, the young lady was an atheist, and the little boy said he didn't believe in God.

The other 6 people, 4 or them violent gang-bangers who dealt drugs were killed during a shoot-out. They go to Heaven because they accepted Jesus when they were little children, and the drunken redneck who died when his truck crashed into the church, he had committed many sins including questionable acts with a goat, but he goes to heaven because he accepted Jesus after his sister's pregnancy test came out negative. The doctor was killed by a hit and run driver, and the young lady was killed when the church steeple toppled over on her because of the drunken redneck crashing into the church with his big truck.

Now, how's that for sick!!!
I watched that blasphemous video and was relieved when it was finally over. Typical propaganda. Never mind the facts. The New Testament repeatedly condemns hypocrisy. Someone who claimed to "accept Jesus as Lord and Savior" but continued to live a life of moral depravity would definitely not go to heaven. I wish that people could earn their way to heaven, but that is not the reality. If we could earn our way to heaven, then we wouldn't need to be saved. Those of us who have faith believe in certain things not because they are what we want to hear, but simply because it's what is taught in the Bible. You're so angry at believers, I wonder why you're not mad at me, too.
The Imperialist wrote:Christianity is not all that bad. But in the beginning, it was a group of fanatical fundamentalists who spread the word in the world where being a fanatical fundamentalist actually got you respect. (But the Romans, seeing the threat correctly, tried to wipe them out, but was a little too late, and this helped the downfall of the Roman Empire once Christianity became the religion of the powerful)

But one has to ask, what has Christianity done for the world, aside from organising multitudes of crusades, forced conversions, sowing the seeds of future religious fanaticism, other multitudes of religious wars. All of these completely outweighs what good it did (mostly individual acts, not social wide acts). Even if you believe in al the miracles that took place, and took Jesus' word to the basic level, it is very, very different from what is happening. (I mean, if the Bible says that all men are created equal, how come some idiots say that 'It doesn't apply to blacks, yellows, natives etc', when they are part of mankind also? When some points are very clear, people still are cocky enough to say 'But it doesn't actually apply to...'. What hypocrites, what idiots, and if the Bible can be interpreted in anyway possible, the Bible is not absolute, and so Jesus' words which were actually written down by people apart of Jesus, nothing is concrete, nothing is a constant. I bet that if Christianity was made today, people would redicule it as a cult, eventually turning into something that will commit terrorist acts.)
Actually, the reason why Rome persecuted the early Christians (as well as Jews) was because of the Emperor worship. Those who worshipped God could not worship Caesar as a diety because that would be idolatry (which is condemned by God); hence, the Roman persecution. The early church did not seek political power. In fact, Christians were commanded to be subservient to the government. Ironically enough, they were model citizens but still persecuted often to death.

What the world today views as being Christianity is not monolithic. Far, far from it. "Christendom" is divided every which way. There are many, many divisions over many doctrines because different religious groups have come about advocating different positions. The religious persecutions against nonbelievers by the Catholic church and certain other denominations were always contrary to the teachings of the New Testament. Most religious bodies today that call themselves Christians are complete departures from the church you can read about in the New Testament. Again, this is because most men have preferred human traditions over the teachings of the New Testament.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

My opinion in all of this is that there should be no religious views in a government system. And in this case, religious views include atheistic views. I don't think any state should promote Christianity, Islam, Judaism, atheism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, or any other kind of religion. This optimizes religious freedom for everyone. Atheists can't prosecute Christians, Christians can't prosecute Muslims, Muslims can't prosecute Jews, and so on. I myself don't even consider myself an atheist, even if I don't believe in a higher power. To paraphrase an argument that I first heard from Dr. Richard Dawkins, you don't call a person who doesn't believe in astrology a "non-astrologer", so why do we call someone who doesn't follow theism an "atheist". It just seems pointless to me, and it seems to encourage putting labels on everything. And it seems to me that some self proclaimed atheists use the term to act "unholier than thou", as opposed to the religious equivalent "holier than thou".
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:My opinion in all of this is that there should be no religious views in a government system. And in this case, religious views include atheistic views. I don't think any state should promote Christianity, Islam, Judaism, atheism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, or any other kind of religion. This optimizes religious freedom for everyone. Atheists can't prosecute Christians, Christians can't prosecute Muslims, Muslims can't prosecute Jews, and so on.
This might surprise you, but I happen to agree with you.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Earl wrote:This might surprise you, but I happen to agree with you.
It doesn't surprise me at all. I know that there are religious people and non religious people who have views of equal treatment of people no matter what faith a person is, just as there are religious people and non religious people who have views that only people who share the same beliefs/disbeliefs should be treated fairly. I believe the former deserve more respect than the latter on such a topic.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Earl

Post by Earl »

I am a Christian; but I have nonbeliever friends whom I love dearly, one of whom is even a former university football player.

The Imperialist

Christians spreading the word in itself was an unconcious act of getting political power.

Romans did not persecute Christians at first; they only started persecuting them when the number of Christians rose very quickly, and are starting to make harassments against the status quo (wait, I think I head of this before- replace Romans with Christian fundamentalits, and Christians with scientist, pioneers or whatever, you get the same equation now!)
Earl

Post by Earl »

The Imperialist wrote:Christians spreading the word in itself was an unconcious act of getting political power.

Romans did not persecute Christians at first; they only started persecuting them when the number of Christians rose very quickly, and are starting to make harassments against the status quo (wait, I think I head of this before- replace Romans with Christian fundamentalits, and Christians with scientist, pioneers or whatever, you get the same equation now!)
Not meaning to be disputatious, but Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world, or His servants would fight. They did not agitate against the status quo. They even accepted slavery, although slave masters were taught that they were accountable to God. If a Christian was a slave and there was a way that he could become free, then he could do that. The point was to make the best out of a bad political/social situation (into which, historically speaking, most people have been born). All the early Christians wanted to do was preach the gospel to anyone who would listen to them. They had no "religious Right" aspirations to take over the government. Of course, as we all know, apostasy (which is a departure from the faith) did take place later in history with all of the many tragic results.

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:
The Imperialist wrote:Christians spreading the word in itself was an unconcious act of getting political power.

Not meaning to be disputatious, but Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world, or His servants would fight. They did not agitate against the status quo. They even accepted slavery, although slave masters were taught that they were accountable to God. If a Christian was a slave and there was a way that he could become free, then he could do that. The point was to make the best out of a bad political/social situation (into which, historically speaking, most people have been born). All the early Christians wanted to do was preach the gospel to anyone who would listen to them. They had no "religious Right" aspirations to take over the government. Of course, as we all know, apostasy (which is a departure from the faith) did take place later in history with all of the many tragic results.

I see exactly what you mean.

These so-called Television Evangelists who are trying to influence our government are actually going against the original teachings of Christ.

So, it was actually Christ himself who was advocating the separation of church and state when he said "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and give unto God that which is God's" meaning that his followers were originally instructed to obey the laws of the land in whatever country they happen to be in.

When people like Pat Robertson, or creationists like Ray Comfort (The Banana Man), of Kent Hovind (The Crock-a-duck man, now serving 10 years for tax fraud) are trying to force creationism or so-called Intelligent Design (ID) into the school science curriculum, then they are actually violating that principle set down by Christ by forcing their religious view into a science class.

OK, the reason why I posted the links to those videos was to show how sometimes religion inspires violence.

I remember shortly after the Columbine shootings some religious Fundamentalists on TV had said that school violence should be blamed on the teaching of Darwin's Theory of Evolution in our high schools, because one of the two kids who did the shooting wore a T shirt that said "NATURAL SELECTION" on it.

Well, that is just about as idiotic and moronic as my having been called a "fag" in school because I preferred to study science and didn't care for sports.

So, I guess we science "fags" are to blame for the moral decline in the USA and also to blame for the shootings at Columbine! Eh?

Like, it didn't have anything to do with the jocks bullying the other student's around? Like, DUH!!!

OK, lets see now . . . . .

1.) Teaching Evolution in our schools was a contributing factor in the Columbine shootings.

2.) Kids who don't like sports are "gay" or "Fags" and nerds and geeks are "science fags" and real men like sports, and achieving academically is sissy stuff, therefore teaching science contributes to the moral decline in our schools and in the USA.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

OK! I think I see a definite pattern here. Me thinks I smell a rat scurrying about in the woodwork!

I don't know, perhaps what I'm about to say may sound like some kind of paranoid conspiracy theory, but I have a good reason to think that perhaps, just maybe, The Vatican may secretly be behind this.

OK! OK! I know! The Catholic Church does presently accept Darwin's Theory of Evolution so it appears that the Church learned it's lessons after the mistakes it made with Galileo, and the Church has recently pardoned Galileo of his "crime" of heresy.

Yeah! Well, the Church is against birth control and against an AIDS vaccine, and against stem cell research, so the Catholic Church is still no friend to science!!!

It must really stick in their craw that the Catholic Church can no longer play the "heretic card" anymore, so they have come up with a new strategy.

The Catholic Church has also joined in with the general obsession over sports, with some in the Church believing that young males who show no interest in sports are of questionable masculinity.

Uh huh! I suppose all the pedophile priests who like to butt-bang little boys can be looked up to as paragons of masculinity! Eh?

Like, gimme a break!!!

But now, do you see how this works?

As I have said, the Catholic Church and the Vatican can't play the old "heretic card" anymore because now, they can't deny the discoveries made by modern science, because to do so, would make them look ridicules.

So, they have a new approach. Question the masculinity of any young male who doesn't like sports. Some of the Protestant Fundamentalists might also be inspired to take up that banner as well. Then hint at the probability that teaching Darwin's evolution is the cause of violence in our schools, and the Fundamentalist Creationists will pickup the ball and run with it all the way to the goal post, to use a sports euphemism here.

And there you have it!

Kids who don't like sports are "fags" and students who prefer science and study Evolution are the cause of the moral decline in the USA, thus discouraging young people from taking up science. Also, the bullying from the jocks helps in that goal.

So, the Vatican has replaced the stretch rack and the iron maiden with bullying from the jocks, and accusing students who study science if it also includes Evolution as being the cause of school violence, and you have a brand new Inquisition.

In theory, this could plunge the world into another dark age, by creating an atmosphere of anti-intellectualism, and the jocks in our schools and the coaches are mindless puppets of the Vatican.

The Vatican really dose not want to see any more scientific progress. If this isn't so, then why is the Pope (or should I say the Poop?) apposed to developing a vaccine to prevent AIDS, and why is he opposed to stem-cell research that might find a cure for diabetes, or Alzheimer, or a number of genetic disorders, and why is he opposed to birth control?

It's a power trip! The Pope wants absolute power, and people like Pat Robertson want control over politics in the USA. People like Pat Robertson and Ray Comfort, and Kent Hovind (in the slammer) are just stooges for the Vatican, and they're so stupid they don't even know it!

Yeah! It's an almost perfect plan!

Don't you see how it works?

OK, perhaps it's just a paranoid conspiracy theory.

Anyway . . . . .

It appears that Texas is controlled by these ultra-right-wing religious stooges.

Check out this YouTube video.

Teacher Expelled Over Religion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQacQy1KJ9M&NR=1

ExpelledExposed | April 14, 2008

Chris Comer, Director of Science for the Texas Education Agency for nine years, was forced to resign after forwarding an e-mail, adding only "FYI", which announced a public lecture by NCSE board member Barbara Forrest, an expert witness in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial.

We are here to call out Ben Stein and his ludicrous ideas that are the spotlight of his new movie Expelled, about Intelligent Design. Expelled is a manipulation of lies that repackages religious creationism as Intelligent Design and teaches it as science in public schools. We must stand up to keep religion out of our public schools' science education.

-----------------UPDATE--------------------
Please take part in the fight against creationism and religion in schools. Promote real science. Help spread the word on our new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GqNxA...

Rate it, share it, comment on it. Get the word out!

Go to http://www.ExpelledExposed.com to find out more!

Yeah, a science teacher in Texas gets fired because she refused to be neutral on the issue concerning the introduction of creationism into a high school science curriculum.

Anyway . . . . .

I have always believed that science and religion should remain separate endeavors.

Contrary to what many Christians might believe, Evolution is NOT atheistic. It is neutral concerning the existence of God. Science can only deal with the physical realm, that which can be weighed, measured, and tested, and the existence, or nonexistence, of God can not be tested in the lab. Science is NOT trying to set out to prove there is no God. That is outside of science.

There are Evolutionists who do believe there's a God, and so, they do not interpret the Genesis account literally.

Actually it was NOT Charles Darwin who first classified humans as primates.

Who was the first to classify humans as primates?

NOT Charles Darwin!

It was actually, Carolus Linneaus, the father of modern scientific classification, and he was a creationist!!!

Yeah! That's right!!!

"Deus creavit; Linneaus dispossuit" which means, "God creates; Linneaus arranges".

Here is an article about him at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Linnaeus
Carl Linnaeus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carl Linnaeus (Latinized as Carolus Linnaeus, also known after his ennoblement as about this sound Carl von Linné, 23 May 1707 â?? 10 January 1778) was a Swedish botanist, physician, and zoologist, who laid the foundations for the modern scheme of binomial nomenclature. He is known as the father of modern taxonomy, and is also considered one of the fathers of modern ecology.

Linnaeus was born in the countryside of SmÃ¥land, in southern Sweden. His father was the first in his ancestry to adopt a permanent last name; before that, ancestors had used the patronymic naming system of Scandinavian countries. His father adopted the Latin-form name Linnaeus after a giant linden tree on the family homestead. Linnaeus got most of his higher education at Uppsala University and began giving lectures in botany there in 1730. He lived abroad between 1735â??1738, where he studied and also published a first edition of his Systema Naturae in the Netherlands. He then returned to Sweden where he became professor of botany at Uppsala. In the 1740s, he was sent on several journeys through Sweden to find and classify plants and animals. In the 1750s and 60s, he continued to collect and classify animals, plants, and minerals, and published several volumes. At the time of his death, he was renowned as one of the most acclaimed scientists in Europe.

The Swiss philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau sent him the message: "Tell him I know no greater man on earth." The German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote: "With the exception of Shakespeare and Spinoza, I know no one among the no longer living who has influenced me more strongly." Swedish author August Strindberg wrote: "Linnaeus was in reality a poet who happened to become a naturalist". Among other compliments, Linnaeus has been called "Princeps botanicorum" ("Prince of Botanists"), "The Pliny of the North" and "The Second Adam".[3]

In botany, the author abbreviation used to indicate Linnaeus as the authority for species names is simply L.

Carl von Linné, Alexander Roslin, 1775. Oil painting in the portrait
collection at Gripsholm Castle. Born May 23, 1707(1707-05-23)
RÃ¥shult, Stenbrohult parish (now within Ã?lmhult Municipality), Sweden
Died January 10, 1778 (aged 70)
Hammarby, Danmark parish (outside Uppsala), Sweden
Residence Sweden
Nationality Swedish
Fields Botany, Medicine, Zoology
Alma mater Lund University
Uppsala University
University of Harderwijk
Known for Taxonomy, Ecology, Botany
Author abbreviation (botany) L.

Views on mankind

According to German biologist Ernst Haeckel the question of man's origin began with Linnaeus. He helped future research in the natural history of man by describing humans just like he described any other plant or animal. Linnaeus was the first person to place humans in a system of biological classification. He put humans under Homo sapiens among the primates in the first edition of Systema Naturae. During his time at Hartecamp he had the opportunity to examine several monkeys and noted several similarities between them and man. He pointed out that both species basically have the same anatomy; except for the speech he found no other differences. Thus he placed man and monkeys under the same category, Antromorpha, meaning "manlike." This classification received criticism from other botanists such as Johan G. Wallerius and Jacob Theodor Klein who believed that humans could not be placed under the category "manlike." They were also concerned that putting man as the same level as monkeys would lower the spiritually higher position man had. The classification as such also invoked another problem for religious people. The bible says that man is created in the image of god, if monkeys and humans were related that would mean monkeys were created in the image of God as well. This was something many could not accept.

After this criticism Linnaeus felt he needed to explain himself more clearly. In the 10th edition of Systema Naturae introduced new terms including Mammalia and Primate, the latter which would replace Antromorpha. The new classification received less criticism but many natural historians still felt that human had been demoted from its former place to rule over nature, not be a part of it. But Linnaeus believed that man biologically belongs to the animal kingdom and thus should be there. In his book Dieta Naturalis he said "One should not vent one's wrath on animals, Theology decree that man has a soul and that the animals are mere aoutomata mechanica, but I believe they would be better advise that animals have a soul and that the difference is of nobility."

Linnaeus also added completely new human species in Systema Naturae like the Homo troglodyte or caveman. Most of these new human species were based on myths or tales from people who claimed they had seen something looking like a human. Most of these tales were scientifically accepted and in early editions of Systema Naturae many mythical animals were included such as hydra, phoenix, satyr and unicorn. Linnaeus placed them under the category Paradoxa, according to Swedish historian Gunnar Broberg it was to offer a natural explanation and demystify the world of superstition. Examples of this is that Linnaeus did not settle with only classify but also tried to find out it for example the Homo troglodyte actually existed by asking the Swedish East Indian Trade Company to search for one. They did not, however, find any signs of its existence. Broberg believes the new human species Linnaeus described were actually monkeys or native people clad in skins to frighten settlers, whose appearances had been exaggerated in transit to Linnaeus.
Anyway, I did not copy the entire Wikipedia article here, but only the highlights because the article is rather long, but one can go to the link I provided above to read it in it's entirety.

Therefore, it was actually a creationists who first classified humans as primates. This was back in the 1700s about a century before Charles Darwin came along who lived from February 12, 1809 to April 19,1882.

And we are primates.

Also, Evolution is a fact! It has been proven. The DNA genome shows that humans and chimpanzees have a common ancestry. We use DNA testing to prove in a court of law if someone is guilty or innocent of a crime, and it can also settle paternal disputes as to who is the father of a child. So, the DNA genome proves we are descendant of apes. The DNA genome actually amounts to legal evidence of it in a court of law.

Some creationists might ask, if we descended from apes, then why are there still apes? That is like asking, if most Americans are descendants of Europeans, than why are there still Europeans? So, not only are we descendants of apes, WE ARE APES!

Yeah! That's right!

Just like tigers and lions are cats, birds are dinosaurs (which as been proven) and whales are mammals, we are apes!

OK, but some will argue that apes and chimps have 24 pairs of chromosomes while humans only have 23 pairs of chromosomes, so how can we be related?

Human and chimpanzee chromosomes are very similar. The primary difference is that humans have one fewer pair of chromosomes than do other great apes. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and other great apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes. In the human evolutionary lineage, two ancestral ape chromosomes fused at their telomeres producing human chromosome number 2.

So, what had happened was that at human chromosomes number 2, the telomeres of two of the chimp's chromosomes has fused together to form one chromosome which explains why humans only have 23 chromosome pairs while chimps and apes have 24 chromosome pairs

A telomere is a region of repetitive DNA at the end of a chromosome, which protects the end of the chromosome from deterioration. Its name is derived from the Greek nouns telos (Ï?ἐλοÏ?) "end" and merοs (μέροÏ?, root: μερ-) "part". Telomeres can be thought of as the aglet of a shoelace, which is the little plastic bit on the end to protect it from fraying, just as the telomere regions prevent DNA loss at chromosome ends.

A chromosome usually has two telemeres, with one on each end. But human chromosome number 2 has three telemeres, one on each end and one in the middle, the result of two chromosomes being fused together into one chromosome with three telemeres instead of the usual two telemeres.

As can be seen in the image above the human and chimpanzee genomes are so similar it's not funny!

So, we can no more deny evolution than we can deny that the earth revolves around the sun.

Sorry, but . . . . .

ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I do despise people who bully in schools. People who bully in schools to the extent where they cause other less-popular students to commit gun massacres are certainly at the lowest level of respect in my book. The Columbine massacre is an example of an incident that really would never have happened if the more-popular people there hadn't been such a bunch of bullying, self-important pricks who just seemed to go around making the lives of the less-socially-gifted, or the "outcasts" as they've been called several times. I was nearly 18 years old when I heard about that massacre in the news, having left my old high school for a new school to spend my Sixth Form years at, which was marginally better. But hearing about that and the bullying that had driven two kids to commit such an act made me realise truly how dangerous bullying was to not only the victims, but those around them as well. Intense bullying warps minds. It turns people evil. Where there are bullies in the world, there will be people who have to suffer them and seek vengeance. I wish that bullying in schools could be completely stopped so that things like this could be avoided but sadly, that won't be so, and as long as jocks rule American high schools and have no moral problems with tormenting their less-popular ilk, events like Columbine will always be at risk of happening again. I don't want to condone what the killers did, I'm just saying that would never have happened if they hadn't been subjected to all that hell they were obviously given by the jocks. Dynamite won't go off unless someone lights the fuse, and through their harassing, intolerant behaviour, the jocks at Columbine lit the fuse. I hope that real anti-bullying policies have been put into action at that place. I hope that the social situation at schools will improve over in the States as the American school social system sure seems a lot more heavily emphasised than what we have over in Britain.

If one of the bullies is feeling remorse for what he did, and making a real effort to turn his life around having realised the consequences of what he has done, then he should not be condemned for this. Nothing that anyone can do will bring back the lives of those who died but the people responsible for driving the shooters to do what they did can do their part to ensure it never happens again with any other potential bully victims by learning from their mistakes and realising that bullying is wrong. However, for anyone who believes that it was all because the shooters were evil and no blame at all rests with the jocks at Columbine, I don't agree. Young students would never do a thing like that unless they were driven insane. Things like this happen for a reason.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

One thing which I found perplexing:

If these bullies are indeed, more popular, why bother bothering the 'small fries' as such? (Aside from to fill in their endless ego+hubris, I see no other reasons, but their behaviour doesn't add up if it is simply pride, insecurity and small doses of sadism)