SPAMMERS ARE AS DUMB AS A BOX FULL OR HAMMERS!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

SPAMMERS ARE AS DUMB AS A BOX FULL OR HAMMERS!

Post by Fat Man »

Spammers have the collective IQ of a steam iron!

All spammers are as dumb as a box full of hammers!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Safety
Sportsman

Re: SPAMMERS ARE AS DUMB AS A BOX FULL OR HAMMERS!

Post by Safety »

I'm sure they'll read what you said and feel bad about themselves.
Last edited by Safety on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Spammers are stupid, yes. They obviously seem to think that forcing their crappy products and websites onto people who really have no use whatsoever for them is going to be good for their business. But we do have fun with spam posts on these forums. I've never seen spam posts turn into proper threads on any other forum... only on Sports Suck!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

What I don't understand about spammers like that jasmine whatnot is that do they seriously think they can make money from us with those stupid product of theirs? If they do, woe to the world. If not, why in the name of all that is holy are they even trying?
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:What I don't understand about spammers like that jasmine whatnot is that do they seriously think they can make money from us with those stupid product of theirs? If they do, woe to the world. If not, why in the name of all that is holy are they even trying?
By cramming all the links and product names they can into their posts (like "fake watch", "phone repairs" etc.), they're aiming to increase their search engine ranking so that when somebody types a product into Google, the search engine will be more likely to display results of forums they've spammed which have their links on. That's why they put all the words they can into their posts, so that they're more likely to get picked up by a search engine.

It's a waste of time anyway. Their posts won't be around enough for Google's bots to pick up and include on search result listings, because usually they're deleted within hours of being posted. Either that or these dumbasses actually think some people on a popular forum will be interested in the crap they offer, when there's plenty of decent, reputable companies those people could go to to fulfil any wishes they may have. I wouldn't even order from a spammer's website even if the stuff they had was of use to me. The fact that they're spamming in order to get customers shows how good their company is, really.

Anyways, next time you get a new member who makes an extremely short, pointless post, check the signature. If a commercial link's to be seen, ban and delete.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

I wish ban and delete can be applied to real life... (ban and delete from life, mwahahahaha)
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

The Imperialist wrote:I wish ban and delete can be applied to real life... (ban and delete from life, mwahahahaha)
Well, it can be applied, it just isn't very moral and is hard to get away with.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:I wish ban and delete can be applied to real life... (ban and delete from life, mwahahahaha)
It can be applied in real life. It's called murder. (Or an execution, which would be the forum equivalent of somebody spamming a forum with abusive, threatening messages and having their profile deleted and IP banned.)

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

This exchange reminds me of a wonderful Stephen King short story that was first published in the January 1983 issue of Playboy (a magazine that I definitely don't endorse) under the title "The Word Processor" and included in King's 1985 anthology Skeleton Crew under the title "Word Processor of the Gods." The plot is not what the reader would normally expect from Stephen King. It's definitely Twilight Zone material. Rod Serling would have loved it. The Imperialist definitely would love it. It was adapted for the TV series Tales from the Dark Side. The TV adaptation is also excellent.

The hero is an unhappy writer whose wife is an unloving, shrewish woman and whose son is an obnoxious, disrespectful jerk. Someone comes to his home and gives him a rickety word processor that had been built by his beloved nerd nephew shortly before he was killed in a car wreck. The hero soon learns that the homemade word processor has a rather unusual and interesting DELETE function that one certainly would not expect to find ...

I've even copied and pasted a summary of the plot from the en.wikipedia.org article on the short story. If you don't want to know what happens in the short story because you want to wait until you have an opportunity to read it for yourself, don't read what I've quoted below. This short story is one of my favorites. I highly recommend that you read it.
In the days when dedicated word processors were still popular, the main character, a middle-aged writer disenchanted with his wife (a large-figured, shrewish, tyrannical woman), teenage son (an amateur musician with an attitude disorder), and life in general, gets a gift from his nephew (a teenage genius) â?? a custom-built word processor. Unfortunately, the nephew has recently died in a car accident (at the hands of his own violent father, the protagonist's brother, who was driving drunk), so the writer must figure out on his own how to use it. He discovers that, with this word processor, he can write things into existence, and also delete them â?? at least, as long as the rickety word processor can last. He erases his son and wife, and finally (seconds before the processor's demise) replaces them with his nephew and the nephew's kind, gentle mother. The story ends with the writer going inside with his new son.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Like the Cybermen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdNBVC- ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

Has anyone read the Stephen King short story I referenced above or seen the Tales from the Dark Side adaptation? It's really neat!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:I'm sure they'll read what you said and feel bad about themselves.
And for the thousands of other forums that are probably spammed on a daily basis.

Speaking of spam, I see JIM is still bombarding the Guestbook with his shit. He said that he actually hated sports at one point, didn't he? Now he's back to talking about "tang" and "chicks" and claiming to be the coolest guy in the world again. What the fucking hell is this guy trying to prove?

Did anyone get the subliminal message that an "anonymous user" of this forum put in their most recent message to JIM? :wink:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

i_like_1981 wrote:Speaking of spam, I see JIM is still bombarding the Guestbook with his shit. He said that he actually hated sports at one point, didn't he? Now he's back to talking about "tang" and "chicks" and claiming to be the coolest guy in the world again. What the fucking hell is this guy trying to prove?
I think he's just a harmless Internet clown and a goofball. I actually find him to be amusing, but that's just a matter of taste. He's not irritating like Nick was, and he hasn't actually insulted anyone (yet). Besides, I want to know if JIM has beaten Scott Steiner's record. :lol:
i_like_1981 wrote:Did anyone get the subliminal message that an "anonymous user" of this forum put in their most recent message to JIM? :wink:
Ahem, I thought that searching for a subliminal message in our anonymous user's message was a CAPITAL idea. :mrgreen: I wonder WHO this mysterious user is, i_like_1981. :wink: :wink: