Introductions

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man »

Good evening MesiTheJackal

Welcome to our anti-sports forum.

Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner. I always try to be the first to welcome new members if I can, but I have been having some issues with my computer ever since I went from Windows XP Professional to my new Windows 7 Professional.

Anyway, welcome to our forum.

Please do keep coming back.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

In response to najib_daho

OK, sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I was having some issues with my computer that I needed to resolve first.

My responses will be in bold red type.

najib_daho wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Anything, science, art, music, poetry, all these take more intelligence than two guys beating each other to a bloody pulp.
Wrong! Wrong and wrong again! You don't know that because what you know about boxing, you could write on the back of a gnats arse using a marker pen and would probably involve the films of Sylvester Stallone. For you to comment as fact what level of intelligence it would take to become a decent boxer is based on your biases and prejudices and nothing in the way of concise fact.

I never bothered to watch any boxing movies by Sylvester Stallone or any movies about boxing because they all suck! I hate boxing just as much as I hate football, hockey, soccer, or basketball. Sorry, but it does not look very intelligent to see a couple of guys pummeling each other. Boxing looks stupid and moronic. And the fact is, a lot of boxers do end up getting punch-drunk in later years. You'll never convince me that boxing takes any degree of intelligence. No intelligent person would stand in a ring and take a beating to the face.
If anything - sport is one of the aspect of society that is a boon towards human nature and brings many positive benefits

Sports has been of no benefit to me.
And I am going to be blunt here and say that you are the one person who is in dire need of physical exercise! Forgive me for saying that moderate exercise would help you with your health, self esteem, confidence and your life span - I know this because I am not all that much lighter than you (I weigh in around 342 lbs) but am big, strong and fit - I'll post a photo up, I am not saying I shouldn't lose weight but I do exercise and do keep myself healthy. If I had to walk places with a walking stick - I would do anything to redress the situation. I hate to think what sort of state I would be in now if I didn't exercise regulary.

Hmmmmm! For a guy who claims to weigh 342 pounds you sure have some skinny legs there! Now, I have nice big thunder-thighs about 36 inches around and I'm 70 inches around my hips. I like my short fat legs! My fat legs really kick ass! I could probably kick a door off its hinges and send it flying across the room! I would make a good DEA Agent!

My photo that you see in my avatar, that was taken back in April of 2007 when I only weighed about 370 pounds.

Anyway . . . . .

OK, I have arthritis in both knees and both ankles. My left knee was fucked up as the result of being in a car accident when I was 4 years old, so, as a kid I could not run and I walked with a limp, and I was suspended from school because I failed to climb a stupid rope in the gymnasium, even though I was passing all my other academic subjects. That made no difference to them, because they were more interested in sports than in education.

Also, as a kid, I was not overweight yet. I didn't start becoming overweight until I was 13 years old. OK, when I was a kid living up in Minnesota I did get some exercise. I enjoyed riding my bicycle, and I liked swimming. Also, even though I walked with a limp, I would grab a walking stick and take a hike in the woods looking for live specimens to study under my microscope. I had a Gilbert Microscope & Lab Kit so I went hiking in the woods to gather live specimens to study.

After my family moved down to New Mexico, I went hiking out into the desert looking for cactus for my cactus garden, and I went climbing up in the hills to look for fossils. So, yes, even though I walked with a limp because of my crippled left knee, I still got some exercise, doing things I enjoyed doing, and I wasn't competing against anyone because I could just walk at my own pace, and I rested when I needed to when my left knee started hurting.

Yes, I weigh about 400 pounds now, and I have to use one of those JAZZY power chairs when I go out because I can't walk long distances anymore. When I'm at home, I can get up to walk into the kitchen or to the bathroom, or down the hall to the elevator to go down into the lobby to check my mailbox but I can't do much walking outdoors because my arthritis has gotten worse.

But aside from that, I'm still in good health. My blood pressure is normal, usually around 110/70, and my triglycerides were normal according to my most recent lab tests, around 95, and my cholesterol levels are actually lower than normal, around 140.

I don't eat a lot of junk foods. I actually prefer fish more than meat, and I get plenty of vegetables and fresh fruit every day. I'm rather fond of pickled Nopalitos Tender Cactus that comes in a jar in the supermarkets here in El Paso Texas. I like to add them to my chicken soup or beef stew with vegetables and I always throw in some Yucca Root if I can get it.

Yes, I do like whipped topping on my strawberries and I do like to keep some ice cream up in my freezer, but aside from that, I eat healthier food choices every day. I don't eat a lot of crap, and yes, I do like a little beer once in a while, but I don't drink beer every day.

I have a younger brother who is much taller than I am and he's skinny, but his cholesterol levels are up through the roof. He gets pissed off at me because I can eat lots of cheese and eggs and he can't and he has high blood pressure and thinks that life is unfair to him because I'm a big fat-ass and yet, I have far fewer health problems than he has.

No, I don't need sports to help me with my health, confidence, self-esteem, and my life span. I dare say, that I will probably out-live my tall and skinny younger brother. Most of my relatives were obese and yet, they lived into their 80s and most of them never went on weight loss diets either. They ate as much as they like and enjoyed life which is probably why they lived into their 80s.

I don't believe that one has to be thin to live a good long life because I have seen a lot of old people out there who are great big fat asses needing two chairs to sit on and their lower bellies below the waist going down to their knees and can't walk anymore and need wheelchairs to get around, yet they're in their 80s and perfectly happy and contented, and if told to go a diet to lose weight they would probably tell you to shove it up side-ways!

Quite the opposite!

Sports is responsible for the declining quality of education in our schools
I have worked as a teacher in the South Korean school system where there is no organized sport but still there is bullying, comformity and probably the one country that outdoes any other with students suicides, this leads me to think that sport in school isn't the main reason why bullying exists in schools. I do actually think school is responsible for a lot of people to shy away from competitive sport, I do think school sport is repsonsible for a lot of people to not realise their physical potential and it is a real shame.

I'll let you into a secret... I hated sport at school - cross country runs and running around with a ball on some shitey muddy field was the pits but when I left school and wanted to join the army - I started running and I loved it! Then I took up boxing and I loved that even more. I was a heavyweight but I wasn't really all that strong at the weight so I took up weight training and I loved that even more! Even though I hated PE and vaulting over a wooden horse and climbing some goddamn rope - I knew that if I found some kind of physical exercise I enjoyed I could only benefit from it - as it turned out - I liked quite a lot of what I turned my hand to.

I probably would have enjoyed PE if they had offered archery or pumping iron (weight training) instead of competitive sports, but in the schools I went to they only offered football and basketball. Hell, even baseball would have been better! But they didn't even have that!
When I was (Oh God! do I have to keep repeating this over and over again?) in high school, my science teacher was also the school's football coach, and he was too fucking busy coaching his team of pre-frontally lobotomized baboons, so instead, he would set up the movie projector and walk out of the classroom leaving us all sitting in the dark watching a bunch of stupid cartoons.
So based on conjecture and your personal experience - everyone who is involved in sport is an idiot and it is all a waste of time - I bet you weren't picked for the debating team were you? Can you try and leave out personal experience and conjecture out of a debate which requires facts - seeing as you are stating that people who play sport are stupid and all boxers are idiots.

My high school didn't even have a debating team. In English Literature class we only played Charades, and learned how to fold paper footballs, and in science class we only watched stupid cartoons! So, is it no wonder why I think people who are into sports are all idiots? Eh?
I was once suspended from school because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium. Never mind that I had a crippled up left knee, the result of a car accident when I was 4 years old, and never mind that I was passing all my academic subjects.
So you went to a bad school. I want some facts to why sport is a waste of time and everyone who partakes in sport is an idiot?
In school, sports was more important to them.
You went to a bad school.

Well, let's see . . . . .

When I lived in a small town up in Minnesota my school really sucked.

Then we moved down to Truth Or Consequences New Mexico. My mother had asthma real bad, so moving down to a warmer desert climate was better for her. I like to believe that my mother lived 20 years longer than she would have if we had remained up in Minnesota.

Well, the schools there also sucked, so we moved down to Las Cruces New Mexico, and again, my high school sucked, so I guess bad luck really does come in threes. Or maybe it's just living in the USA where we rank behind most of the other countries and only the third world countries rank lower than the USA.

Our schools don't teach shit anymore!

This is the future most high school students can look forward to now!

No! Again I say! Sports has been of no benefit to me.
I'd say not doing sports (or any kind of physical exercise) has been of less benefit to you. What does your doctor say about it?

My doctor is always pleased with my lab results. She's a bit chubby herself and has never lectured me about losing weight. In fact, she has even said that a lot of thin or even average sized people wish they had lab results as good as mine.

NO! Getting a decent education, and being allowed to study science would have been a great benefit to me! NOT SPORTS! NO FUCKING WAY! Sports is not some kind of magical panacea that would have miraculously made my life better. Sorry, but my life would have been great if there were no such thing as sports. We don't need sports.

Sports was invented over 2,500 years ago by rich old perverts who liked having sex with athletic young men and butt-banging little boys, which is probably one of the reasons for the decline of ancient Greek civilization.

Also, take a gander and the fall of Rome! Yeah! Another sports obsessed culture!

Bread and circuses anyone???

Sports fucked up my life!
Being 400lbs is fucking up your life even more.

No! My life was thoroughly fucked up after I left high school long before I ever hit 400 pounds! I didn't weigh no 400 pounds when I was in the 4th grade getting suspended for not climbing a rope. Maybe if I had weighed 400 pounds at the age of 10, I would have grown up to be a circus fat man, or a fat man in a carnival weighing over 800 pounds and making big bucks, just sitting there on two chairs while people gawk at me, and look upon me with awe and wonder. Imaging getting paid just to put yourself on public display! I would have made a Hell of a lot more money than I'm getting now!

Also, when I was 17 years old, when I was beaten and raped by an older man, I wished I that I had weighed 400 pounds back then! When he was butt-banging me, I would have rolled over on him and smothered him to death! Yeah, sort of like "Silvester's Revenge" a story I read in a collection of science fiction stories in a book by Isaac Asimov.

When I was 17 years old I only weighed 275 pounds! And guess what! During the summer of my 17th year, our family went to the Meteor Crater near Winslow Arizona. First we saw the exhibits in the museum, then my brother and I decided to hike down the slope of the crater following a marked trail. Even though my left knee was hurting and I walked with a limp, at 5 feet 7 inches (I'm only 5 feet 6 inches now, I recently lost an inch from my height) and 275 pounds, about 120 pounds overweight for my age and height, I still hiked all the way to the center of the Meteor Crater and then I hiked back up the slope and back to the museum. But my younger, taller and much skinnier brother who could walk much faster and and even run, he quit before he even got half-way down the slope and turned around and went back.

My bother once explained to me, in later years, that he was getting dehydrated from the heat. I didn't even have a canteen of water with me, yet I hiked all the way to the center of the crater and hike back out. I guess, even though we fat people can't stand the heat and we sweat a lot more, our bodies do retain more water anyway, and fat people can survive out in the desert much longer without water than thin people. We also do much better in cold weather than thin people, so being fat does have it's advantages.

So, it wasn't being fat that fucked up my life. It was sports in school that fucked up my life!

Being fat has actually protected me from serious injuries. It's kept me warm on many long cold winter nights. When I started gaining a lot of weight during my teenage years, I discovered that I actually liked getting fatter and fatter! Also, when I was only 15 years old at 220 pounds, I finally out-weighed my step-father who would get drunk and beat up on my mother and I. Then one day, while I was in the drug store buying some comic books, I put a penny in the scale to see how much I weighed. At only 15 years old, and weighing 220 pounds, that was, like, totally awesome! When I came home, my step-father was arguing with my mother as usual, and with my fat belly, I pushed him back up against the wall, and told him never to ever lay a hand on my mother ever again, and he backed down.

I'm perfectly happy weighing 400 pounds and have no desire to lose any weight! I actually like weighing 400 pounds! It's, like, really cool, and totally awesome to be 400 pounds!

If getting fat was the worse thing that ever happened to people, then this would be a pretty good world.

There are far worse things in this world than being fat.

Like, getting beaten and humiliated in the gymnasium in front of the other students by a teacher who is super Gung Ho about sports and doesn't give a shit about education!

Recently, over the past few years, I have heard about the "Great Obesity Epidemic" being compared to a Tsunami or as being worse than terrorism!

Excuse me! But a Tsunami is a great big tidal wave that can kill thousands of people and wipe out an entire city in mere seconds. And somehow, I just can't think of having a double chin, love-handles, a big belly, a fat ass, and thunder thighs as being worse than terrorism. If given a choice between being in a plane that's about to fly into the side of a building, or being safe and alive in my home sitting on my big fat ass and filling my big fat belly, I would much rather live in my obesity than to be flying into the side of a building. No thank you! I love my love-handles!

A Tsunami or a terrorist attack can cut your life short in mere seconds, but a person can still live many decades with obesity. I should know, because I'm 59 years old and have lived with my obesity since I was 13 years old and it has done me far less harm than sports! Obesity doesn't have to be life threatening if one avoids eating too many junk foods. Hey! I have seen thin people drop dead from heart attacks!

To compare obesity to a Tsunami or to terrorism, and saying that obesity is worse, is to make light of great tragedies and to cheapen the value of human life.

Just as sports in our schools only served to cheapen the value of getting an education.

All this sports bullshit in school happened to me long before I got fat!

So! You may go FUCK YOURSELF, and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! OK???

So, please don't give me or anybody here any more bullshit about how boxing requires intelligence.

It doesn't!!!
You know nothing about boxing!

Do you go around commenting about things you know absolutley nothing about? That is the sure sign of a cretin.

Come back and give your opinion when you have studied your subject matter a bit more - thanks!
So, I'm a cretin! Eh?

No, actually, I'm just a short fat little retard afflicted with Prader Willi Syndrome which is why I'm so obese! OK?

Yeah! I must be a retard because I'm arguing with an imbecile like you!

Hey! Come back in another 10 years or so after you have become a punch-drunk moron, drooling and speaking incoherently, and then, tell me how great boxing is and how it requires so much intelligence to be a boxer.

Sorry, Jimbo Bubbah Booey! But any further attempts on your part to convince me that boxing requires any degree of intelligence are all doomed to failure!

Yeah! I'll drink to that!

But in the meantime . . . . .

I really don't want to know any more about boxing! OK?

Quite frankly, I don't give a tinker's damn!!!

I really and truly don't give a flying fucking Hootenanny in Hell about boxing! OK?

It's all BULLSHIT to me!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

irishhighlander

Post by irishhighlander »

Hello all, my name is Rod Redden. I put another thread on a different topic but I'll give you the low down on me.
I'm currently an English as a Foreign Language teacher in Tokyo, Japan. I previously worked in South Korea as well.
I was NEVER in any sports as both my dad and I can't stand them. The only "sport" I did play was competitive target shooting but after all those school shootings, I didn't talk about that.
As I'm typing this, my Japanese step-daughter is using a Wii Fit game to cycle. I mean, it's a nice sunny day and she's indoors using a computer game to exercise (maybe she doesn't like the current temp of only 12c)
For me, sports equals humiliation, rejection, and a blindness to something which attempts to dominate over many other cultural aspects of civilizaion.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

irishhighlander wrote:Hello all, my name is Rod Redden. I put another thread on a different topic but I'll give you the low down on me.
I'm currently an English as a Foreign Language teacher in Tokyo, Japan. I previously worked in South Korea as well.
I was NEVER in any sports as both my dad and I can't stand them. The only "sport" I did play was competitive target shooting but after all those school shootings, I didn't talk about that.
As I'm typing this, my Japanese step-daughter is using a Wii Fit game to cycle. I mean, it's a nice sunny day and she's indoors using a computer game to exercise (maybe she doesn't like the current temp of only 12c)
For me, sports equals humiliation, rejection, and a blindness to something which attempts to dominate over many other cultural aspects of civilizaion.
Good evening irishhighlander

And welcome to our anti-sports forums

Yes, I enjoy target shooting with a rifle or a pistol. It's fun to shoot a gun.

I would also enjoy archery, or even fencing.

So, there are some PE things that would be fun to do.

Of course, in college you do have those choices, but in high school, it's only football or basketball.

I did have a couple of years of college, and for one semester I took a PE course in weight training (pumping iron) and it was the only time I enjoyed PE because I could go at my own pace and didn't have to compete against anyone.

But I never had a chance to finish my science degree due to my financial situation, and I also had emotional and mental health issues to deal with because it was only a few years after I had been beaten and raped by an older man, and it left me unable to cope with stress.

Yeah, football players get their free Hummers. But, I think people with physical handicaps should get a free high school AND free college education and be exempt from taking PE.

But it's never going to happen in the USA, because we're now under control by the Republicans who hate science and they want to insert their creationist fairy tales about a man made from a handful of dirt, a woman made from a man's rib, a magical tree with a magical apple, and a talking snake with legs!

Yeah! Makes perfect sense! Doesn't it?

I hate this country! It really sucks here!

irishhighlander

Post by irishhighlander »

Sorry to hear of a tramatic event in your life. I never faced hazing in school due to my hatred of sports but did suffer bullying because I was overweight and also some students didn't like my father as he was one of the teachers.
Being overseas, it's also sometimes difficult to socialize with others due to my disinterest in sports.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

irishhighlander wrote:For me, sports equals humiliation, rejection, and a blindness to something which attempts to dominate over many other cultural aspects of civilizaion.
The first two parts of that statement are very true when it comes to high school sports. I mean, the fact that they have the audacity to refer to it as "Physical Education" when there is absolutely no element of education to most sports classes in which young people are thrown onto a field, with bats, balls and other such implements, and told to "get on with a game", is what bothers me quite a lot about all this. They're making it out to be something it's not. They're proclaiming that just because they're getting kids to exercise, it should be called "education". No. It isn't. And in actuality, if some young people are only being tormented and humilated in school sports lessons, it is only hindering their development and such problems can last into their adult years. I wouldn't insist that PE is banned from the school curriculum, as a lot of people do enjoy it, but it would benefit from either being made an optional subject and not compulsory, or being seriously reformed in ALL countries so that those who have social problems or lack of skill at competitive sports can go and develop their fitness in a way that will benefit them the most. There is nothing to gain from forcing unadjusted and victimised kids into playing ball games with unfriendly peers, but there is so much they can lose through bad experiences. PE, as we know it today, is certainly not perfect, and definitely needs to undergo a few changes before every kid can appreciate it. But it won't, will it? You know how big competitive ball games are today, and people are stereotyped as all being fans and the minority who don't are just ignored. It just ain't fair, but that's just the world...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Well, i_like_1981 (and all of the other regular visitors to this website's forum), you won't be surprised by what I'm about to say. I'm in complete agreement with you, needless to say. What needs to be pointed out again and again and again until it makes an impression upon those who seem to have thick skulls is the fact that in mandatory "sports only" P.E. classes, nonathletic boys actually get very little physical exercise! What do medical doctors tell their patients who need to start exercising? Do they tell them that they should participate in sports? Of course, not (unless they enjoy them). They tell them to exercise. What I'm now about to say I've said time and time again: The most efficient and quickest way for anyone to get into shape is by getting on an exercise program. Playing a number of different sports (for the purpose of exercising as many of the muscles as possible) simply isn't feasible, insofar as becoming physically fit is concerned.

Until a few years ago when I joined a health club, mandatory school P.E. had not been in the forefront of my thoughts. But when I started working with a personal trainer on a bodybuilding program, I realized just how much I had missed in the "sports only" P.E. classes that I was required to take from the time I was in the fourth grade through junior high. (Thanfully, I was not required to take P.E. in high school because I was a band student. I heard tales about how much of a terror the P.E. at my high school was for nonathletic boys. If academic classes were taught that way, there would be a national outrage.)

As I've also said many times before, I favor retaining the "old P.E." for the athletes and other students who want to participate in sports, but as an elective. If P.E. is to be mandatory, there should be genuine fitness classes; and they should be taught by trainers who respect the students instead of by neanderthals afflicted with machismo who look upon nonathletic boys with disdain. Again, how many math teachers look with disdain upon students who struggle with math in their classes and treat them with contempt? My wife is a former high-school math teacher. She's told me on more than one occasion that such a teacher would soon be FIRED.

i_like_1981, in the United States there is a movement to reform P.E. I'm a strong supporter of a particular program. I know what everyone's thinking: Yeah, Earl, PE4Life. You're absolutely right! That's very perceptive of you. :lol: Seriously, there are educators who realize that the traditional approach to P.E. has shortchanged and sometimes even victimized nonathletic students. Unfortunately, the success of this movement is not guaranteed.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Well, I can see that najib_daho has been too cowardly to answer my last response to him.

He sure posted a lot of moronic drooling on these forums about how boxing requires intelligence, and he sure enjoyed putting me down in the process.

I especially liked the part where he said that it wasn't sports the fucked up my life , but rather it is weighing 400 pounds that fucked up my life.

YEAH RIGHT!

Like, I weighed 400 pounds when I was in the 4th grade, when I was suspended for failing to climb the rope in the gymnasium.

Like, I weighed 400 pounds in the 5th grade when my teacher humiliated me in front of the other students and punched me in the stomach with a basketball, and when we got into an argument over and Astronomy book that he would not allow me to check out from the library, and I got my head bashed against a concrete block wall.

Uh huh!

I suppose it wasn't those incidents in school, among many others that were sports related incidents that fucked up my life.

No, somehow, it is my weighing 400 pounds in the present time that reverberated back through time and space to fuck up my life when I was in school, and that taking up some kind of sport would have magically transformed my life!

najib_daho obvious has a distorted perception of time and space, which is probably due to taking too many blows to the head from boxing.

So, I guess the reason why he has not responded in my last post to him is because he can't!

He's now brain dead from his most recent boxing round.

Yeah! That's got to be the reason!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:i_like_1981, in the United States there is a movement to reform P.E. I'm a strong supporter of a particular program. I know what everyone's thinking: Yeah, Earl, PE4Life. You're absolutely right! That's very perceptive of you. Seriously, there are educators who realize that the traditional approach to P.E. has shortchanged and sometimes even victimized nonathletic students. Unfortunately, the success of this movement is not guaranteed.
I like the sound of this PE4Life. Sadly, there is nothing of the sort which I know about in England, and the fact that it's not guaranteed success over in your country either doesn't sound good. Do these school sports teachers ever wonder why, in spite of the fact that PE is mandatory in schools, there are still students who are physically maladjusted? That is because those students have not had their rights considered and are being forced into participating in competitive sports that are quite frankly going to do a lot more harm to their physical development than good. I posted this over on Pinksporthate's forum only this evening and I'll say it again now - until there is some sign of a reform in PE that will cater to the needs of the less-physically-proficient, it will be nothing but a farce to refer to PE as "Physical Education" and it should really just be called "Sport" like the Germans call it. Because there is very little educational value in throwing some balls, bats etc. at some students and telling them to start a game, which was how many of the PE lessons I had went. Education? No. Not a chance.

Oh, and Fat Man, if you're so willing to continue this argument with najib_daho, maybe you should send him a PM or email and draw his attention back here. You get these so-called "one hit wonders" who only ever post on one day and never return afterwards to follow up any responses they get, and the only way to get them back online is to use the contact options you have at your disposal. In my opinion, I don't think the sport of boxing is a particularly intelligent or clever one either, given the potential health consequences that can arise from even just one fight. It's probably the most physically dangerous sport I know, and it does have its moments in the media spotlight over here in Britain as well.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

While I'm still around, I'm beginning to ask myself if that Antigone guy who was talking about using this website to advertise a boxing website of some sort had anything to do with najib_daho who came on here a few days afterwards to defend the same sport against various charges. Has anyone else suspected that? Perhaps najib_daho did that to arouse some attention on here first towards boxing and then came in with the main arguments. Maybe the two of them know each other, and Antigone went and told najib_daho about this site once he'd done his business. Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Edit: I just noticed this line in one of najib_daho's posts...
this is where my mate Antigone comes in...
Yep, I was right. It's good to be right, isn't it? :D

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Which reminds me Fat Man, why do you insist on using pink letters for my username? I feel highlighted, and like FAB1 from thunderbirds, and absolutely FAAAAABULOUS! Oh well.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

The Imperialist wrote:Which reminds me Fat Man, why do you insist on using pink letters for my username? I feel highlighted, and like FAB1 from thunderbirds, and absolutely FAAAAABULOUS! Oh well.
Because any forum member who is a Sports Bore gets their user name highlighted in pink by the forum moderators.

Well, your not a Sports Bore, but you are an . . . . .

IMPERIALIST STOOGE!!!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Fat Man, don't you think you're being a bit unreasonable here? We have so few currently active members now that we simply can't afford to have any more losses. In the scheme of things, what difference does The Imperialist's political views make? They have no impact in your life whatsoever.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Fat Man, don't you think you're being a bit unreasonable here? We have so few currently active members now that we simply can't afford to have any more losses. In the scheme of things, what difference does The Imperialist's political views make? They have no impact in your life whatsoever.
It's because of what he said in one of my topics about school issued lap top computers with remote access web cams used to spy on students.

It was then he said that spying on kids at home is "perfectly justifyable, (moron can't even spell) as long as it has no sexual reasons whatsoever, and it was done in the interest of keeping society safer." Imperialist believes that the rights of the state is more important than individual rights.

YEAH RIGHT!

Like we need to keep society safe from our own children.

No, we need to protect our children from a morally corrupt society!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Give him a break already. You disagreed with him on one issue. Yes, I know that you're very sensitive with issues when there are children involved, and I do understand this, but the Imperialist wasn't condoning any inappropriate sexual behaviour. I've disagreed with the Imperialist on an issue before - regarding bullying, on some other thread on this forum. But the best way of going about a disagreement is to respond to the other person's statement with reasons why you disagree with them and perhaps some evidence that could counter some points they raised. Insulting them is just not a sign of good debating skills. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and you are entitled to disagree with them and tell them that you disagree with them, but if you're just going to shout insults at them and keep bringing up the same incident on them to make them feel bad... it's just pointless. Come on, with that idiot wibberley having succeeded in wasting a lot of our time recently, and over the past 10 months as a matter of fact, we need some decent debaters on these forums and the Imperialist is one of them. The guy does agree with you on the main issue of this forum - SPORTS.

Best regards,
i_like_1981