Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

This forum is dedicated to expressing how much football and soccer suck!
SamNewman

Re: Seven Reasons Why Football Sucks!

Post by SamNewman »

I hate team logos, team colors, names etc. Over here in Australia these macho boofheads 'bond' together much too close for my liking, yet the ethos they hold so dearly would normally see most of them behave in quite a bigoted and immature manner towards gay men.
woodsprite

Post by woodsprite »

(/rant)

8.)I would really like to add that another point here is how quickly a person will judge a person based on their particular "team" support and just flat-own citizenship of a certain town. Being from Pittsburgh, I am so fed up with the judgments thrown out from my fellow 'burgh dwellers, to out-of-towners, and simultaneously tired of getting crap from the out-of-towners. An introduction to a new person usually includes sharing of first names, followed by the cringe after one says they're from Pittsburgh or Cleveland, etc... ftw. The first time it happened to me was at a music festival in Ohio, when I said I was from Pittsburgh and whoever I was meeting immediately withdrew their "sameness" after I shared my hometown's name.

9.)At least in Pittsburgh (and I pray this in not consistent with many other towns), you literally have to hike 5 miles into the woods to get away from the noise & commotion the fans cause. At least if you don't like a certain band performing a concert, you generally just don't go near the venue day of show (and the show is only a one-time deal... not like... every Sunday.....) In this crazy town, you can hike in the WOODS and another hiker has a jersey on because it's game day. And when I see it, I have yet to overcome my compulsion to immediately envision a huge portion of the town glued to their tv, having unintelligible conversation (for the most part). And to be Frank, that's precisely the thing I came to the woods for solace from, thanks..... I know it's in my head, just have to ignore the brightly.....colored.....flashy....unavoidable....jer.....sey.....

10.)I don't want to have to feel inclined to express my own judgment on fans. It's my own problem, just need to make a conscious effort to put my mind in a better place of non-judgment.... but I do struggle. And if there weren't sports and/or teams and/or just friggin jerseys in general, it wouldn't be such a prominent issue for me to overcome! As far as I see it, it's just a game of the ego. There are a lot of physical, non-ego-related elements, like the trainings, the exercise, the nutritional regimens of each player... but the basis of the game is to out-do one another. Someone has to win. There are no ties followed with celebration for all the fun everyone just had..... there's got to be a winner and a loser, each time. And this may, to some degree, promote competition in the people, even if subconsciously... I go a bit off the deep end sometimes, and I liken it to war. Why is war so prevalent? Why don't people accept differences? Why does one country's people have to win and the other country's people have to be defeated?

These concepts are big concepts; I don't mean to simplify things in any way that might cause offense to anyone. These are just thoughts that I catch passing by in my own mind.... I generally don't parade around or make a fuss out of passing ideas that I don't rightly know fully about, but I just figure if I'm gonna join the sports suck board, it's a pretty good place to vent a little steam. 8)

I don't want to dislike or judge sports fans totally, because like everything else in the world, not 100% of them all express their fanaticism in the same ways.... but it's something that makes me wonder sometimes, when I feel so outnumbered in my own city by people who want to defeat other people so much.... just feels like the healthy balance of things is off a notch....... (/end rant)
Earl

Post by Earl »

Welcome, woodsprite! :mrgreen:
Please feel free to rant all you want. :twisted:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Hey woodsprite!!!

Welcome to our anti-sports forum.

Yes, feel free to rant and rave all you want.

I do it all the time. I love to bitch and gripe about things I hate, especially sports.

This is our ranting board.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

woodsprite

Post by woodsprite »

Thank you folks for the warm welcome!!! Sundays are usually the worst for me, because it seems almost no matter where I work, they want to have the damn football games blasting over the radio or gazing out of the tvs..... I think hearing it is the worst part, the lame, monotonous voice announcing each move that the players make..... (that, of course, goes for every major sport....)

I like someone else's comment about how winter is tough enough to get through, let alone adding the stupid football havoc :roll:

And I often wonder what the country would be like if we could all focus on something important each and every Sunday 6 months out of each year..........
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Welcome to the forum woodsprite. The weekends are always exceptionally notorious for raucous sports fans doing their bad thing while work is off and the games are on. It's the same over here in England too. Saturdays are usually the worst days for sports mania over here, but Sundays and Wednesdays can be pretty bad at times too. And when your country's in some sort of international championship... there is no escape! Anyways, it is good to see new members to the site opening up with some long, detailed posts like your first one. I also wonder how much better the country, and the world, would be if all the attention and money bestowed upon these dumbass sports players was put to more worthwhile purposes instead. Given the fact we're undergoing some major budget cuts over here in England, I sure as hell want to see these ridiculous footballers' wages getting the same treatment...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.