The "I will be away for a while" thread

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

Re: The "I will be away for a while" thread

Post by Earl »

Silence wrote:I may be taking on another leave again. Except this time, it will extend for a longer period of time. I've just recently found out that I will be in Honors English in my second semester of school.

I can't screw this up, this may be my ONLY chance to learn what I've missed as of now, and if I do fail, I'll be booted out of the class. I seriously cannot afford to have that happening. So I may not be here for the entire period of second semester.

(To The Imperialist, glad to have you back here.)
Thanks, Silence, for letting us know why we will not be hearing from you next semester. We know that your heart is in the right place, and we certainly understand and appreciate how you are setting the right priorities. You must do what you have to do to be successful academically. What you do now will affect your future life. The best of luck to you. I'm sure that you'll do well. 8)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yeah, good luck with your studies, Silence. It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate if you don't think you'll be able to visit this website at all in that time. Are you at university now? Because the way you're putting it, it sounds like you are, but I could be wrong. Either way, good luck, and with all the pressure that it sounds like you have on you at the moment, we shall know why you're not kicking around here. See you again sometime.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Silence wrote:I may be taking on another leave again. Except this time, it will extend for a longer period of time. I've just recently found out that I will be in Honors English in my second semester of school.

I can't screw this up, this may be my ONLY chance to learn what I've missed as of now, and if I do fail, I'll be booted out of the class. I seriously cannot afford to have that happening. So I may not be here for the entire period of second semester.
You'll do fine. You belong in Honours English. :wink:

--RF
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Well, I am preparing for university (and as I am in Britain, A-levels and whatnot) and it has been very busy. It will become busy later on, so I thought I will pop in.
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

The Imperialist wrote:Well, I am preparing for university (and as I am in Britain, A-levels and whatnot) and it has been very busy. It will become busy later on, so I thought I will pop in.
Oh, so you're living in Britain after all? I thought you had lived there for a while and had gone back to Japan. (I don't read all the old posts.) Well, good luck on the A-levels. I have heard that in Britain they have no cram schools, and it is possible to get as much as six hours sleep a night and still pass.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

recovering_fan wrote:
The Imperialist wrote:Well, I am preparing for university (and as I am in Britain, A-levels and whatnot) and it has been very busy. It will become busy later on, so I thought I will pop in.
Oh, so you're living in Britain after all? I thought you had lived there for a while and had gone back to Japan. (I don't read all the old posts.) Well, good luck on the A-levels. I have heard that in Britain they have no cram schools, and it is possible to get as much as six hours sleep a night and still pass.
You know, despite my not being to stand Imperialist in the least, and being unable to get along with him, I do wish him the best, and I hope he passes all his academic subjects with flying colors, and graduates from his school with honors.

I respect academic accomplishment.

And I hope that he studies history more thoroughly, especially the history of civil rights, and some US history of how prohibition failed back in the 1920s and 1930s and how the prohibition actually caused more crime, and how the MAFIA, organized crime was able to get a foothold in our country.

Sometimes passing new laws makes crime worse.

I know, that if religious fanatics in the Republican party were to ever become successful in banning books on Darwin's Evolution for example: I would turn to crime, and sell bootleg books, so instead of being a bootlegger I would called a book-legger, and I would be so bad that I would make Al Capone and his gangsters all look like girl scouts at a church picnic.

And I would make the Saint Valentines massacre look like a game of tiddly winks.

That's how bad I would become.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I'm pretty sure the Imperialist will do well in any exams he is yet to take. You have to agree with me on this at least, Fat Man - the guy is sure a few brain cells superior to most other people his age in Britain and America.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Thank you all.

Fat Man, if I am going to a British university, I will be studying Natrual Sciences (Physical) or Materials so history would be a hobby (as it have been since i was five)

If I go to an American university, I will probably take it as an extra course, so you should be happy.
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

I was away for a bit, but I didn't post anything about it on the forums. How is everyone?
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Safety wrote:I was away for a bit, but I didn't post anything about it on the forums. How is everyone?
I think we're exhausted at this point. We had a bit of a wild ride earlier in the week, beginning Sunday night I believe.

i_like_1981 and I warred with each other over Fat Man and Wibberley.
"Richard Filthy" and the Imperialist engaged in a brief, but urbane, debate on Australia and Wikilinks, and then they left.
(Be sure to vote in our poll on Wikilinks, BTW.)
Mostly everyone is here though; they even brought Wibberley back.

Just...

don't...

have...

the...

stamina...

...for any more of a report.

Cheers,
RF

Last edited by recovering_fan on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Getting ready for the holidays (family reunions, etc.) is taking up too much of my time! :roll: Hence, the scarcity of posts from yours truly.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Safety wrote:I was away for a bit, but I didn't post anything about it on the forums. How is everyone?
Not great at the moment. We've had somewhat of a civil war on these forums recently and I'm still a little browned off about it. Oh well, hopefully things shall improve. Are the conflicts starting to simmer down now or am I getting overoptimistic? Still, it's not quite as bad as what happened at the start of this year.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

@ i_like_1981:

Okay, just so you know: for Fat Man, the "civil war" isn't over. He is now attacking the Imperialist, Jerry McGuire, the Republicans, AND me--having now reached a détente with Wibberley. I am truly sorry I ever lumped you in together with him, by accusing you of coddling him. Please don't listen to him when he mentions that you are "on his side." Believe me, that is NOT where you belong. You are are much smarter than that. :wink:

Most people just ignore what a raving lunatic says. However, people respect you for your gravitas and your circumspection. With that respect comes a great deal of responsibility not to support people who engage in unprovoked rants against everyone and everything.

Thanks,
RF
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

recovering_fan wrote:@ i_like_1981:

Okay, just so you know: for Fat Man, the "civil war" isn't over. He is now attacking the Imperialist, Jerry McGuire, the Republicans, AND me--having now reached a détente with Wibberley. I am truly sorry I ever lumped you in together with him, by accusing you of coddling him. Please don't listen to him when he mentions that you are "on his side." Believe me, that is NOT where you belong. You are are much smarter than that. :wink:

Most people just ignore what a raving lunatic says. However, people respect you for your gravitas and your circumspection. With that respect comes a great deal of responsibility not to support people who engage in unprovoked rants against everyone and everything.

Thanks,
RF
You know what! You're right!

I am a raving lunatic! I'm sick in the head! Yes, I am, mentally ill, and I have even admitted it in the past.

I have been mentally ill ever since I was beaten and raped by and older man when I was 17 years old.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote: You know what! You're right!
I am a raving lunatic! I'm sick in the head! Yes, I am, mentally ill, and I have even admitted it in the past.
I have been mentally ill ever since I was beaten and raped by and older man when I was 17 years old.
:roll:

Suffering from depression or other mental illness does not make someone a "raving lunatic"--not in my book. I know many people who suffer from depression whom I would consider a lot saner than than at least 90% of the moronic talking heads that appear on TV.

But...

When you fail to listen to people like me who are trying to tell you to get a little perspective; when you fail to focus on who your actual enemies are, rather than assuming that the Imperialist, Jerry, and I are your enemies, then you do sound like a "raving lunatic". You sound that way because you are raving.

Clever self-victimising comeback just now, by the way. Indicative of a 150 IQ. I'm not being sarcastic ! Good going !

But instead of using your smarts to fight people who wish you absolutely no harm whatsoever, like me, you could try using your superior intelligence to break free from the paralysing thoughts you seem to have that other people control your fate. We don't control you; only you do that. Just because you have been the victim of abuse does not mean you have to do what society expects someone in your position to do and wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life. If you really do have an IQ of 150, then you should be able to overcome your socially conditioned negative thoughts, define what "victory in life" would mean for you at this point, and pursue that objective.

Some of your posts are really eye-opening. But, because you seem to be conditioned to think of yourself as a victim to whom nobody ever listens, you follow up ever good post with some misguided string of slanderous remarks against Republicans or against people in this forum. Why do you that? Well, you do that because failure is what you are used to. Failure is what you know, so there is a certainly familiarity--a certain comfort level--that comes with it. You are uncomfortable being liked and appreciated, so you rig the game to prevent it. You subconsciously sabotage yourself.

Play some chess against the computer. It will discipline your mind and help you learn not to blindly lash out and subconsciously sabotage yourself, as you are currently doing. You will lose for awhile, but if you are patient you will start to improve and perhaps get a taste for what it feels like to win.

Psychiatric prognoses only apply to people with normal IQ levels. Geniuses who are able to think for themselves have no business letting psychiatrists define who they are. Someone with an IQ of 100 may let depression determine his pattern of behaviour; someone with your own IQ has no business using mental illness as an excuse.

---

IMPORTANT FINAL MESSAGE:

Don't you dare tell us what the idiot quacks in El Paso told you what the matter was with you.

None of us wants to hear it...

...because we are your friends.

But you do have enemies, and let me tell you: they definitely want to hear it.

After all, that's the stuff that LULZ is made of, right?

(Yeah, I've seen the page. It's bull spit.)

I am NOT trolling you; don't troll yourself.