define irony...

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: define irony...

Post by Fat Man »

In response to recovering_fan:

OK, I know that my comment about Wibberely playing on the linoleum, that it was stupid. But I only meant in as a harmless joke, and everybody else here seems to be more upset over it than Wibberely himself.

Anyway . . .

When it was mentioned that Wibberely plays the piano, well, it reminded me of when I use to play the guitar.

Notice I said "use to" because I can't anymore.

I had mentioned before in another topic that back in 2001 my left wrist was fractured so now, my left hand is crippled up.

Please recovering_fan, and everybody else here, please go back to the first page of this topic and scroll up to my first post in this topic. It's the third one down from the top.

I talk about how I spent the better part of 4 years taking care of someone who was recovering from a stroke, his first one back in march of 1997 and his second stroke back in 2001, and how he suffered memory loss, became paranoid and delusional and even violent. After his second stroke, he became a real tyrant, and I was unable to get any help from anyone out there.

Then one evening he attacked me with a machete, and fractured my left wrist. I spent three days in the hospital and he was hauled off to the slammer for nine months.

But now, my left hand is all crippled up.

I can't pay the guitar anymore. I can't even do much writing except to sign my signature and that's it. And I use to do oil paintings, but I can't do that any more.

So, it's just one more thing taken away from me.

Since I can't play the guitar anymore, I guess I'll just have to play on the linoleum!

Anyway, please read my first post near the top, the third one down from the top on the first page of this topic.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

recovering_fan

Re: define irony...

Post by recovering_fan »

Okay, Fat Man I will do that. :)

Thanks for the apology about the linoleum quip. I consider a simple apology enough; there is no need to overdue the contrition.

In the meantime, just understand that I was trying to help all this time.

Also, you should know that in that thread about "goblins" I obviously wasn't talking about you. I mean, you are part of the current "civil war" that's going on here, right? As am I, as is i_like_1981, and so on. So if you're part of our petty little bickering match, then you can't be one of the "goblins" can you? Don't freak about that thread, either! I just think that we should be, um, well, vigilant. I don't think it's code red yet by any means.

Obviously, you are a REGULAR. By REGULARS, I really meant everyone with that rank OR ABOVE. You certainly have posted more than 100 times. :)

I am not going to post much for the next few days. I need some time to work out where all of our loyal members of the forum stand in relation to one another--in terms of what they think of each other, and whether they hold grudges and so forth. I don't want to piss any more people off or say anything else that would set things spiralling out of control.

HugeFan and Lewis always pick their moments to opine. Perhaps that's why their assessments always come out sounding so level-headed.

Cheers,
RF