Hockey's pretty cool.

Ice skates, maple syrup, and a dozen or so toothless morons.
Nick

Hockey's pretty cool.

Post by Nick »

It's like competitive skating + soccer.

Pretty win. The fights are awesome as well.
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':
sparkle

Re: Hockey's pretty cool.

Post by sparkle »

That is usually said by someone never been hit in the face! I been in the face and it hurts!
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Nick

Post by Nick »

Cool story bro. (Can't think of a reply, but I like seeing my name across the board.) ;)
:'( im only 14! thats why im acting this way! )':
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Nick wrote:Cool story bro. (Can't think of a reply, but I like seeing my name across the board.) ;)
I'll bet you do. Another typical jockish trait, always likes to see his name plastered up everywhere for all to see, marvel and bow down to!

I've been hit in the head before, sparkle. Several times. Once with a cricket bat. It certainly wasn't nice. Aside from the groin and solar plexus (both of which I was also dealt blows to during my school career) it is probably the worst place in your body to receive a blow to. A very hard blow could not only knock a person unconscious but could also result in death due to the neck being the top of the human spine. The head and neck are very much worth protecting and it is good to see many sports corporations promoting safety through their use of helmets. Without helmets, hockey, American football and NASCAR would most indeed be harder to enjoy. The risk of serious injury or death is always a bit of an off-putter, isn't it?

One more thing, Nick - you're very much pining for a high rank on the board, aren't you? You want that rank of "SportsSuck.org Fanatic", don't you? Well, soon you're likely to be attaining the same rank as our make-believe friend "john" if this urge to see your name up all over the board continues much longer!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

I don't think I could go on playing a sport after being hit in the face, as my reaction is always, "Oh, you bitch!" :p
* I always had hopes of being a big star. But as you get older, you aim a little lower. Everybody wants to make an impression, some mark upon the world. Then you think, you've made a mark on the world if you just get through it, and a few people remember your name. Then you've left a mark. You don't have to bend the whole world. I think it's better to just enjoy it. Pay your dues, and just enjoy it. If you shoot an arrow and it goes real high, hooray for you.*
Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

sparkle wrote:I don't think I could go on playing a sport after being hit in the face, as my reaction is always, "Oh, you bitch!" :p
I've been hit in the face by american football once when I was seating at the bleachers just talking to a friend. Just when I thought I was safe they prove me wrong :(
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

The only reason hockey is cool is because it's played on ice.

That is, it's cool temperature wise.

But otherwise, like all sports, hockey sucks!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Indurrago wrote:
sparkle wrote:I don't think I could go on playing a sport after being hit in the face, as my reaction is always, "Oh, you bitch!" :p
I've been hit in the face by american football once when I was seating at the bleachers just talking to a friend. Just when I thought I was safe they prove me wrong :(
You know why jocks like to pound balls against nerds' heads? Because they know that the nerds actually have stuff in there to damage. As for the jocks... I don't see how one giant ball of fluff can suffer much from constant exposure to hard blows!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Earl

Post by Earl »

Hockey may be cool, but Nick sure wasn't. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:Hockey may be cool, but Nick sure wasn't. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
I personally didn't mind Nick that much back when he was posting on here under his original username. Yes, he did do a lot of useless posts and threads (such as this one for example) but I did notice that he had some willingness to debate on here. It's not like he came on and instantly started making abusive, boorish comments. He was reasonably civil and polite and understanding of the concept of good grammar. I would even go so far to say that some of the treatment he got on here at first was heavy-handed. I guess he was fine towards me, but he may not have been towards others. This is how he acted towards me.

But the whole Turudes scam was what instantly killed any respect I may have had for him. That's when it became clear that he was just a liar, a troll who wanted to mess around with us. I could tell by his choice of username that it was him, so I decided to use the knowledge I had to have him banned. Yes, Nick, it was I who informed the mods of who "Turudes" really was. Sorry, but that's when I realised this guy wasn't worth any serious consideration.

I noticed he tried to have a discussion on the guestbook after he was banned as Turudes and put up some more informative, well-argued comments that actually had some debating value (his longest comment was dated June 5, my birthday :D) but then I was just tired of it all. If he hadn't tried to post on here under a false identity and got caught by me, I would have accepted his offer of a discussion. But I saw no use to it. I just saw it as him trying to trick us again. Nick has now stopped posting on the Guestbook and I hear no more of him now. Perhaps he has realised, as Greencom's topic title said, "enough is enough". We're not idiots on here. We know who to take seriously and who to just disregard. In the end, Nick just fell into the latter.

If Nick wishes to post again on the Guestbook with a potential starting point for a discussion, I won't stop him. But it had better not be any time soon. The longer he gives it, the better. When people are getting tired of you, the best thing to do is leave, let them be for a while and then come back sometime later. Your reception may be kinder then when you've regained a bit of your novelty. It's been an interesting game, the whole Nick debacle, but not one I wanted anything to do with after a while.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

irishhighlander

Post by irishhighlander »

Right, where can I start with my opinion on hockey.
1) The cost. Trying to get a uniform together, with all the equipment probobly costs a good chunk of a child's university education.
2) The fanaticism about hockey. I mean, when the playoffs are going on it's all anyone wants to talk about. The world could stop spinning, the nuclear bombs are falling but if the Stanley Cup playoffs are knocked off the air, then life as we know it ends.
3) Back onto the fanaticism, does anyone remember some of the Hockey riots in Canada?
4) The money that these players make is enough to make me vomit. Busting my arse studying for a BA and an MA only to see these dumb buggers earn millions, keeps my head spinning.
Before I have an anurism, I'll stop.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

I am also enraged and resentful at our modern society for giving such inordinate sums of money to these football players who do so fucking little to properly earn even a tiny fraction of their wage packets. I find it quite sad, on this day especially, because only once a year does our country properly acknowledge those who have died in battle to defend it, people who weren't fighting for huge wage packets or to be classed as "heroes", but because they believe in defending their country and the people who reside in it. But just about every day of the year, I am constantly forced to hear in the news about these fucking sports "stars" and how great some morons who beat another team of morons are, and I frankly find it boring. Britain's top-league football players are greedy, selfish and egotistic goons who insist on throwing a fucking fit if they're not being paid as much in a week as your average hard-working citizen makes in five years. Check out the recent stories on a man called "Wayne Rooney" if you want a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It's just appalling.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

irishhighlander

Post by irishhighlander »

I couldn't care less about hockey, and being a Canadian, I'm in the extreme minority.
What really turned me off were the Stanely Cup riots back in the 1990's as well as the NHL strike where the players went on strike over wages!
Enough said.
:evil:
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Wait a second, wait a second... did I just hear what I thought I heard? Players going on strikes over wages? OH WOW! This is just... unbelievable. I won't even bother making a comment on this as the outrage and idiocy just speaks for itself. What are we going to have next, Bill Gates joining the dole queue?

Best regards,
i_like_1981