Wishing Everybody Here A Happy New Year 2011

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Wishing Everybody Here A Happy New Year 2011

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Because these are animals that we see every day. :mrgreen:
Oh! You mean you get drunk every day??? :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Nope. I'm a teetotaler.

I was just trying to make a funny ... but failed. :cry:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Fat Man wrote:
Earl wrote:Because these are animals that we see every day. :mrgreen:
Oh! You mean you get drunk every day??? :D :D :D
Fat Man,

You mean you see pink elephants, spotted zebras and stripe giraffes when you're drunk?

I only see them after I've gone swimming with blue dolphins.

--RF

(Actually, the only drug I experiment with is coke.)
Earl

Post by Earl »

I confess that I'm addicted to coke. Diet Coke, that is.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

I tried snorting coke once and almost drowned!

OK! Bad joke! :oops:
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

I don't drink Coke any more, I've had bad experiences with it. The first time I ever had it, some strange man I ran into in a dark alleyway asked me if I wanted to buy some Coke. I wasn't aware that they had it as a drink mix like Kool-Aid at the time, because I had only seen people drink it from cans of Coke, but I decided to buy some of it. It was quite expensive for a soft drink in my opinion. Anyway, I poured it in a water bottle and stirred, and then I drank it. It didn't taste that great but I thought it might just be an acquired taste that I would appreciate by the time I was finished drinking it. Well, I soon began feeling very odd and my mind felt very weird, so I went to see a doctor and I can't remember anything else that well. The next thing I knew, I was inside a juvenile detention facility and I had no idea why. I appeared in court the next day, and apparently I was being charged for use of an illegal substance. I told the judge that I swear I didn't know it was illegal, but she said "That's what they all say" and I had to spend a few months behind bars. I swore to never drink Coke any more. I still have no idea how people can have a completely normal behaviour after drinking an entire can of it. And the strange thing is, I've seen it in stores, but since I know it's an illegal substance now, I once called the police and told them there's a stash of coke in a store. When they arrived, they simply told me that it's a serious crime to call the police for no reason, but then they just said that this was a warning and they drove away before I could ask them why they didn't confiscate the Coke. So now you may understand why I just stay away from Coke, I've had very strange experiences with it.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

In response to Bad Religion:

WOW! That's a strange story!

I think your first mistake was buying something from a stranger in an alley.

If you had wanted to try a Coke, you should have bought a can of Coke from either a vending machine or from a grocery store.

I never heard of powdered Coke that one mixes like Kool Aid, unless they have it in the UK but not here in America.

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Fat Man wrote:I never heard of powdered Coke that one mixes like Kool Aid, unless they have it in the UK but not here in America.
Well, I don't know if they've got it in the UK or the US, and I don't even think I've seen it in stores here. Perhaps there was something wrong with the powder Coke mix and that specific product was cancelled, but that wouldn't explain the fact that I was arrested. Hmm...
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:
Fat Man wrote:I never heard of powdered Coke that one mixes like Kool Aid, unless they have it in the UK but not here in America.
Well, I don't know if they've got it in the UK or the US, and I don't even think I've seen it in stores here. Perhaps there was something wrong with the powder Coke mix and that specific product was cancelled, but that wouldn't explain the fact that I was arrested. Hmm...
Yeah, three months in jail for something like that sound ridicules to me!

But then, the average person faces greater and greater penalties for lesser and lesser offenses.

Well, I guess that's to make up for the fact that football players can commit rape and get away with it.

Then of course, as I had mentioned so many times before before, about my suspension from school when I was in the 4th grade living up in Minnesota because I failed to climb a rope in the gymnasium, even though I was unable to climb the rope because of my crippled up left knee, and even though I was passing all my other academic courses.

When the coach dragged me up to the principal's office, the principle told me I was to be suspended from school.

I begged him not to suspend me because I did nothing wrong. I was unable to climb the rope because of my bad knee.

He gave me two choices.

1.) Be suspend from school and sent home.

2.) Be locked up in the closet over night and having the authorities come and arrest me and take me down to the juvenile detention facility in Red wing.

Yeah! Being crippled is a crime.

But when a professional football player rapes somebody, well, that's OK!

So, nothing really surprises me any more.

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:I don't drink Coke any more, I've had bad experiences with it. The first time I ever had it, some strange man I ran into in a dark alleyway asked me if I wanted to buy some Coke. I wasn't aware that they had it as a drink mix like Kool-Aid at the time, because I had only seen people drink it from cans of Coke, but I decided to buy some of it. It was quite expensive for a soft drink in my opinion....
That does sound like a bad experience. Everyone knows the first sample is supposed to be free! :cry:
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Fat Man wrote:I never heard of powdered Coke that one mixes like Kool Aid, unless they have it in the UK
Nope, I've never seen anything like that over here. Of course, I have heard of another kind of powdered coke, but naturally I've never been anywhere near that! :D

Well, I have seen powdered teas over here in Britain, and I really don't want anything to do with that. Anyone who remotely appreciates proper tea drinking and its origins would stick to the traditional brewing with a teabag method. After all, we are British - we're meant to appreciate the tradition of tea! Modern marketing methods ruin everything.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Just to be clear with everyone, the story I told was false, and I was simply joking, because the only kind of Coke that is powdered and would have strange effects on a person's mind, and would cause that person to be arrested, is of course the other kind of powdered coke, cocaine, which I would never come close to.

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Yes, I knew you were joking. The flaw in your story was that the guy in the alleyway wanted a lot of money for "powdered coke", and from what I've heard they often push the stuff on first-time users for free. At least, I have heard they operate that way. Besides, you never really struck me as a fan of the stuff. :)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, although I was suspicious at first (how many sinister characters do we get that push Coca-Cola onto unwilling passers-by?) I suppose that it's always best to wait for the admission of the truth before you make a move. After all, this world is so incredibly crazy at times that you could just get some nutter making powder out of Coke and trying to push it on you in a dark alleyway to make you afraid for yourself. Nonetheless, I never believed you'd be the sort to do shit like taking powder some strange bloke had given you. Let's leave this sort of idiotic behaviour to those who actually want to do it, shall we?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Silence

Post by Silence »

I know I am possibly 11 or 12 days late but, happy 2011 to everyone here. I've been extremely busy with the more extensive coursework being offered in my new English class, but it's definitely more rewarding and fun. I'm currently skimming through the pages of a novel that was assigned for the class to read, "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. So, once again, happy belated 2011 to everyone on this forum, and hopefully the new year graces all of us with good memories to think over once another year comes around.
Every ending is a new beginning.