What will non-sports-fans be doing during the Super Bowl

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.

What do non-sports-watchers plan to be doing during the Super Bowl?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't like sports, but hey, it's the Super Bowl, so I'll watch it!
10%
I got invited to a party, so I'll go and have fun, but ignore the game.
No votes
Go somewhere that might otherwise be crowded (movie, restaurant, etc.)
20%
Work (either at my job or around the house)
10%
Stay home and read a book, play video games, surf the Net, etc.
60%

Total votes: 10

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Re: What will non-sports-fans be doing during the Super Bowl

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Well, I now know what I'm going to be doing on Saturday (unless my plans change). I'm going to be going to a friend's house as her birthday is coming up to hang out with her and a few other friends. I'm fairly sure no one who is going to be there is going to want to watch the Super Bowl, so I should be safe. I suppose what I'm doing doesn't fit into any of the options in the poll, so I guess I won't vote.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Well, I now know what I'm going to be doing on Saturday...
Given what a smart guy you are, I find your lack of knowledge about sports difficult to believe.

The Super Bowl takes place on Sunday, HugeFan.

Lucky you! It looks like you get to vote after all. :)

--RF
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

What? Noooooooo...

Damnit, then I've really got to find something to do on Sunday outside of my house where family members might yell at the TV but away from areas that may be infested with sports fans.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Nicole wrote:Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much - I recently was bombarded with work. Such is the life of the grad student. Although my friends are planning to spend their Sunday at a bar watch the Super Bowl, the guy I am seeing has suggested we go for dinner and a show instead. He seems like a keeper so far! Has anyone else made plans?
Hey Nicole! No worries about lack of posting -- I think we'll all forgive you for having a life outside of the Internet! :)

So you choose a nice evening out with a special someone over a night filled with drunks screaming at a TV, spilling beer and nachos everywhere, and acting like they're doing something important by *watching* a bunch of overpaid strangers play ball? How could you? :lol:

Enjoy your evening and the rest of the weekend! :)
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Nicole wrote:Has anyone else made plans?
We don't have the Super Bowl over here in England, but I expect tomorrow evening will just go like all the others do for me. Sitting round in my flat on the computer, checking up on this forum to check up on the new posts and see if I can get a few more posts in, probably listening to some old music and maybe I'll watch a film.
ChrisOH wrote:I think we'll all forgive you for having a life outside of the Internet!
Well I won't! Who do they think they are, not spending every single moment of their free time trying to rack up an enormous post count on this website... what is this for insolence? :lol:

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.