Introductions

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Re: Introductions

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:Hello again Brigan - I wasn't expecting to see you on this forum again. It's good to hear from you once more. Good luck at law school. It sounds like you're studying pretty damn hard indeed.

As far as Fat Man and the Imperialist are concerned... we shall have to see if there shall come a topic on this board in which they will both realise that they're on a pretty similar page...

Best regards,
i_like_1981
I guess that between Imperialist and I, we have a clash of eastern and western values.

Now, even if you hate sports as much as I do, and even if you believe as I do that jocks and sports fan should have their nuts cut off and fed to them, but if you favor government intrusion into every private aspect of our lives, that they should have a right to watch you while sitting on the toilet, the right to control how much you eat and how much you weigh, the right to regulate the size of your waistline, etc. etc. well . . . then I'm afraid we're going to have a real problem.

Because if anyone believes that Governments should have total control over every aspect of our lives, then as far as I'm concern, they might as well just be jocks and sports fans.

Actually, I would imagine that even jocks and sports fans would resent the same level of government intrusion into our private lives.

So, even though Imperialist is anti-sports, when it comes to the issue of states rights verses individual human rights, then we have come to a parting of the ways.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Simply put, yes.

However, if one was to say, create a revolutionary governmetn calling all jocks counter-revolutionary and should be put to death in th ename of the state and the people, you might just like it.

One should also consider that authoritarian governments do get things done more quickly. (Besides, in war time, any government has to become authoritarian, and I consider this day and age a time of crisis where the people and the state must unify as one)
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

The Imperialist wrote:Simply put, yes.

However, if one was to say, create a revolutionary governmetn calling all jocks counter-revolutionary and should be put to death in th ename of the state and the people, you might just like it.

One should also consider that authoritarian governments do get things done more quickly. (Besides, in war time, any government has to become authoritarian, and I consider this day and age a time of crisis where the people and the state must unify as one)
HEY! YOU IMPERIALIST STOOGE!!!

I suggest that you read my latest topic posted in the OFF TOPIC section of these forums.

The new barbarism: Keeping science out of politics
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=4794

I was up all night typing it out on my computer, so I didn't get any sleep at all last night.

And so, you damn well better read it! OK???

Here in the USA, the Republican party has become more hostile toward science.

I am NOT going to join any unity under the Republican banner of religion inspired ignorance and anti-science!

No! I will fight my own government in any possible way!

YOU GOT THAT??? JIMBO BUBBAH BOOEY!!!

Here in Texas, our State Board of Education (actually, Indoctrination) wants to remove Thomas Jefferson from the high school history textbooks and replace him with John Calvin, a 16th century religious fanatic who had people tortured to death in the name of his religion.

That's not surprising when I remember how their hero, President Bush, had allowed war prisoners to be tortured by water-boarding.

And these right-wing Funny-mentalist Christards also want to have Creationist fairy tales inserted into the science textbooks and eventually remove Darwin's Evolution.

Yeah, you're right! Authoritarian governments do get things done more quickly. They arrest more people quickly for lesser lesser and smaller offenses, impose greater penalties for lesser offenses, and they kill more people more quickly, and impose censorship, and take away our rights to academic and intellectual freedom, and they're very good at taking away freedom of speech, which they do very quickly.

Now, thanks to these Funny-mentalist Christards, it's going to be a lot harder for high school students in Texas to get a good education in science, and since Texas buys up more textbooks than all the other states, Texas has a greater influence on what kind of textbooks gets publish, and now, thanks to our State Board of Indoctrination, Texas is going to drag the rest of the USA down into the gutter academically.

Yeah! I guess since this is a time of war, we need to keep students ignorant of science and make them read Creationist fairy tales instead.

Also, in times of war, I guess students need to fold more paper footballs instead of learning science and math.

Then, when some other country decides to launch missiles toward us with nuclear warheads, we can throw paper footballs at them!

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

(Lighting up my pipe and blowing smoke in your face!)

I think you would have been very happy living in Nazi Germany or under the Stalinist Regime in Russia!

(Puffing on my pipe and blowing more smoke in your face!)

No, if anybody is causing disunity in the USA these days, it's the Republican party.

And you can put that in your VCR and suck on it!!!

I'm tired, I didn't get any sleep last night, and now, thanks to your most recent and most moronic post, I'm royally pissed off with you!

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the one who's all fucked up in the head.

Yes, that must be it. Probably due to the fact I was denied a decent education in school and was beaten and raped by an older man when I was 17 years old.

So, you'll excuse me, if I don't have any great love form my own country and my government.

(Strikes match on your forehead to relight my pipe!)

I'm really tired right now, so I'm not in a very good mood.

Thanks to your most moronic post.

I'm anxious to see if you can top that one!

I just know you won't disappoint me!

You haven't so far!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

I seriously doubt that The Imperialist is a Republican.

Imperialist, I want you to feel free to continue posting in our forum. We need all the active members we can get. This forum doesn't exactly have a surfeit of active members. :( (Oh, well, it's less work for me. :mrgreen: )
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

From what I know, there are extremists on both the left and right wings of politics who support excessive surveillance on people's lives. Look at what happened in Nazi Germany and what you could expect if you dared speak out against the state there, but also look at what happened in East Germany during the Communist era and what would happen if you spoke out against the state. The state's invasion of human privacy does not seem to be a purely left- or right-wing idea, but either way, it's an extremist idea.

Returning to the subject, I begin to doubt that we'll be making friends out of the Imperialist and Fat Man now. Oh well, I suppose the clashes make for a bit of action on here, which we don't tend to see much of on these forums. Where exactly did all those trolls and jocks go?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

All the trolls would find our glorious clash of ideals too much to deal with. (Too much fervour)
Earl

Post by Earl »

I want The Imperialist to continue posting here. Neither he nor Fat Man (or me, for that matter) has any real influence in the world of politics. So, who cares? Besides, extreme self-centeredness and selfishness and excessive libertarianism (i.e., undenied and immediate self-gratification) can destroy a society. As an example, look at the effect of the sexual revolution in the black community of the U.S. Majority of children born out of wedlock, boys growing up without fathers, lower academic performance, increased crime rate ... (And, no, I'm not a racist. Jim Crow was evil.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

Earl wrote:I want The Imperialist to continue posting here.
Earl, I would not worry. I'm sure the Imperialist is grown up enough to realise that we will all respect his unique views on society for their novelty and that we don't all agree with Fat Man's rants.

--RF
Last edited by recovering_fan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:All the trolls would find our glorious clash of ideals too much to deal with. (Too much fervour)
I think, really, that the trolls would find such words as "glorious", "clash" and "ideals" too much to deal with. The internet may be a playground, but this is a very big playground indeed with zones in which some people like to use their intelligence for constructive purposes. Nonetheless, I hope you keep posting here and that you're not discouraged by any rants made against you. Perhaps we need another idiotic jock to come flaming on here to make some of us realise who the enemy of this site really is.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Indurrago

Post by Indurrago »

Earl wrote:I seriously doubt that The Imperialist is a Republican.

Imperialist, I want you to feel free to continue posting in our forum. We need all the active members we can get. This forum doesn't exactly have a surfeit of active members. :( (Oh, well, it's less work for me. :mrgreen: )
I don't know why but I this post must makes me laugh but I whole-heartily agree. Imperalist's sig should be of flag to signal that he's neither democrat or republican. LOL
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Indurrago wrote:I don't know why but I this post must makes me laugh but I whole-heartily agree. Imperalist's sig should be of flag to signal that he's neither democrat or republican. LOL
The Imperialist lives in Britain like I do. So that means he'd either be Conservative (centre-right wing) or Labour (centre-left wing) or a Liberal Democrat (centrists). But I personally think the politics over in his home country of Japan hold far more interest for him. Like I say, it's easy to lose faith in the politics over here.

I wish The Imperialist would come back. I like his brand of posts. But it's not exactly easy when someone who's supposed to be on your side of the issue at hand on this forum (sports) is constantly having a go at you.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

OMGdudeWhat
Sportsman

Post by OMGdudeWhat »

been reading a few posts around this site, i find them all.....amusing, to say the least.

its quite funny how you think all athletes/sports fans are retards or rednecks while some of you carry yourself in those very same manners, even if it is just in an online board.

anyway, if you're wondering about me, i'm 18, played soccer, basketball and ran track in high school. i graduated with a 4.9 g.p.a taking many AP classes. graduated in the top 3% of my class and go to a top college for free. i don't believe in the whole genius/gifted bs, as anyone who works hard at something can succeed, but in elementary school i was placed in that program after scoring a 160 on the iq test.

all i'm saying is that not everyone beats up fat/weak kids like you all seem to think, and maybe you should stop judging people on the basis of weather they like sports, especially if you claim to be judged for not liking them or whatever, its a bit hypocritical.

most normal people don't give a shit if you like sports or not to be honest, maybe if you tried talking like a normal person to other human beings you wouldn't get treated like an outcast like i've seen some of you complain here, hell, you might even get a girl.

that's all.
6'4
192 lb
5% body fat
athlete
Earl

Post by Earl »

OMGdudeWhat wrote:its quite funny how you think all athletes/sports fans are retards or rednecks while some of you carry yourself in those very same manners, even if it is just in an online board.
I never said that. We're a very small group, but we're still diverse.
OMGdudeWhat wrote:... maybe you should stop judging people on the basis of weather they like sports, especially if you claim to be judged for not liking them or whatever, its a bit hypocritical.
When have I done that? Please cite a specific instance and stop lumping us all together as if we all practice groupthink.
OMGdudeWhat wrote:... you might even get a girl.
I've been happily married for over 30 years. How about you?
OMGdudeWhat wrote:... that's all.
Surely not? I assume you would have the courage of your convictions to come back, but I guess not. That would make you a ...

Why did you come to this website in the first place if you knew that you were likely to be offended? There must be an interesting psychology behind that. Why all the hostility?

Edit: A thought just occurred to me. :) Instead of approaching us as a monolithic group, try dealing with us as individuals. You might find out that one or more of us have something in common with you. We might even agree on an issue or two. For example, for over two years I've been working with a personal trainer on a bodybuilding program at a local health club.

OMGdudeWhat
Sportsman

Post by OMGdudeWhat »

oh, wasn't calling you out. cant even remember reading anything that stood out as "wtf?" from you. I know not everyone here thinks 100% that of which i wrote, but some of your main users (most amount of posts) do, and all of you seem to agree with them to a point. or at least you don't dare say anything otherwise to them. if you want me to be more specific i can tell you i remember posts saying the things i described coming from fat man and the guy who types like a small child and has a bunch of video game related things in his profile with a robot avatar.

and as to why i came here, a friend showed me this, and like i said, i found it amusing.

and here's how you're all gonna start hating me more, but i simply cant see how anyone can hate sports/athletes/competition as a whole. i can 100% understand if you have no interest in them but the general attitude in this forum is more geared towards absolute hate. if you dont like them, then cool, just dont pay attention to them, but i see a lot of "EVERYONE SHOULD STOP LIKING SPORTS BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THEM" type of idea around here. also, dont respond as if i was saying this to you as an individual earl. i spent time reading through this site and saw many of these posts from many different users.
6'4
192 lb
5% body fat
athlete
Ray
Site Admin

Post by Ray »

OMGdudeWhat wrote:oh, wasn't calling you out. cant even remember reading anything that stood out as "wtf?" from you. I know not everyone here thinks 100% that of which i wrote, but some of your main users (most amount of posts) do, and all of you seem to agree with them to a point. or at least you don't dare say anything otherwise to them. if you want me to be more specific i can tell you i remember posts saying the things i described coming from fat man and the guy who types like a small child and has a bunch of video game related things in his profile with a robot avatar.

and as to why i came here, a friend showed me this, and like i said, i found it amusing.

and here's how you're all gonna start hating me more, but i simply cant see how anyone can hate sports/athletes/competition as a whole. i can 100% understand if you have no interest in them but the general attitude in this forum is more geared towards absolute hate. if you dont like them, then cool, just dont pay attention to them, but i see a lot of "EVERYONE SHOULD STOP LIKING SPORTS BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THEM" type of idea around here. also, dont respond as if i was saying this to you as an individual earl. i spent time reading through this site and saw many of these posts from many different users.
Welcome to the forums, dickhead. :)

I Hope We Lose!