Stupor Bowl

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Moviemaker

Stupor Bowl

Post by Moviemaker »

Long time no see everyone, I haven't been here in a long time. Well , I'm NOT watching the stupor bowl tonight, Im storyboarding a movie I'm shooting soon. MUCH more fun. So Im just wondering if anyone here isn't watching the stupor bowl either. What a complete waste of time. Yes, even as a filmmaker i say EVEN THE COMMERCIALS are a waste of time. Everyone trying to be too "cute"... I find it annoying myself....Granted, every once in a while there is creative genius behind one of them, but i find most of the commercials to be cookie cutter, "IM TRYING TO BE FUNNY" type stuff. Perhaps its just the game itself that annoys me, and if they weren't advertising during such a complete waste of time and life, maybe i would view them more objectively. ..Anyway, hope nobody else here is wasting their time watching a game that no matter who wins, it will not matter now, five years from now, or five million years from now! LOL
i_like_1981

Re: Stupor Bowl

Post by i_like_1981 »

Hi, Moviemaker. I've never seen you on these forums before - your last post was several months before I found this site. In the meantime, I've been posting like there's no tomorrow, letting everyone here know just what I think of the modern madness that they call "sports". And I think you can be pretty sure that nobody else here watched the Super Bowl. Thankfully I live in England so I don't have to worry about being bored stiff by all the rabid talk over this, but I won't get too cocky over that as soccer is king for 9 months a year over here and that time is currently ongoing! Good luck with the movie you're making. Sounds a lot more creative and productive than sitting in front of a TV yelling at men running round in a stadium miles away whilst munching pork scratchings and downing enough beer to flood a mansion. Modern sports, eh? These days, you don't even have to move your arse off the coach to be considered a "die-hard sports fanatic". Kind of contradicts the purpose of these competitive games, doesn't it?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.