Maybe if Fatman went to PE class or joined a sports game

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
DrMenJele
Sports Bore

Re: Maybe if Fatman went to PE class or joined a sports game

Post by DrMenJele »

ChrisOH wrote:
DrMenJele wrote:You guys are just mad that you have no friends and suck at life and need something to blame.

You want to know something? I don't have a job either. I have two college degrees. I've rated as an Expert User on Microsoft Word and Excel that I've taken at various employment agencies.

Expert user at WORD and Excel? Those are your job skills you market? HAHAHAHAHA oh god no wonder you are unemployed. You paint yourself as a total loser at life.

DOn't mind me, just being in Med school because I am smarter than you guys, and making the world a better place while you fat people sit at home alone cursing about sports on the internet while not looking within to your own real problems.
Earl

Post by Earl »

You're in med school? (Is Dr. Mengele your role model?) How do we know you're not lying?
DrMenJele wrote:... making the world a better place ...
That's a laugh. With your apparent lack of decency and morals, if you had any power at all, you'd make this world a living hell, just like your hero Joseph Mengele. You're the lowest of the low. Get lost. You've been banned.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

DrMenJele wrote:DOn't mind me, just being in Med school because I am smarter than you guys, and making the world a better place while you fat people sit at home alone cursing about sports on the internet while not looking within to your own real problems.
There you go again, making judgements based on things you don't even know about. You haven't come close to displaying that you are smarter than any of us, and your debate tactics include strategies such as ignoring the opposing arguments, statements, and facts. You've barely addressed any arguments used against you by anyone. And what makes you think we are all fat? I'm far from fat, and Earl, who has been going to a health club for quite a while, is likely in better physical shape than you.

By the way, I'm convinced that the "friend" OMGdudeWhat described in his post is in fact DrMenJele.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

DrMenJele wrote: Expert user at WORD and Excel? Those are your job skills you market? HAHAHAHAHA oh god no wonder you are unemployed. You paint yourself as a total loser at life.

DOn't mind me, just being in Med school because I am smarter than you guys, and making the world a better place while you fat people sit at home alone cursing about sports on the internet while not looking within to your own real problems.
Obviously, you don't have many skills at Word, or at least the spell and grammar checker.

Oh, by the way, the person you seem to be naming yourself after had his name pronounced Men-GUH-LUH, not with a "j" sound. Guess you must have been absent the day they covered that in genius school.

So I paint myself as a total loser at life, you say? You might want to check out a couple of articles about some of your beloved sports stars:

http://www.electro-mech.com/team-sports ... -bankrupt/

http://www.businessinsider.com/10-ways- ... ces-2009-9#

These guys are real winners, aren't they?

You know, I bet they'd all believe you were actually in med school!
Earl

Post by Earl »

He should also check out www.ncava.org.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:He should also check out http://www.ncava.org.
Yeah, I have just been to another page at the same web site.
http://www.ncava.org/Statistics.html

Game Stats

A 3 year study shows that while male student-athletes comprise 3.3% of the population,
they represent 19% of sexual assault perpetrators and 35% of domestic violence
perpetrators. (Benedict/Crosset Study)

One in three college sexual assaults are committed by athletes. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
In the three years before 1998, an average of 1000 charges were brought against athletes each year. (Benedict/Crosset Study)

In 1995, while only 8.5% of the general population was charged with assault, 36.8% of athletes were charged with assault. (Benedict/Crosset Study)

The general population has a conviction rate of 80%. The conviction rate of an athlete is 38%. (Benedict/Crosset Study)

A new incident of athlete crime emerges once every two days - that does NOT include crimes that were unreported in the media. (NCAVA)

84% of the public believes colleges should revoke the scholarship of a player convicted of a crime. (ESPN SportsZone Poll)

83% of the public believes that college and pro athletes are committing more criminal acts now compared to 25 years ago. (ESPN SportsZone Poll)
Main Navigation
Thanks for posting the link to the NCAVA web site.

National Coalition Against Violent Athletes.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

DrMenJele wrote:Expert user at WORD and Excel? Those are your job skills you market? HAHAHAHAHA oh god no wonder you are unemployed. You paint yourself as a total loser at life.

Why don't you go and get bent, you arrogant piece of crap? There are literally millions of people out there in the world who are unemployed, and I'm sure they'd like to come and beat the hell out of you for calling them all "losers". I see we have another internet tough guy here who thinks he's the shit for attacking "nerds" over the internet.

You're smarter than us. Right, yeah. That's why you've come onto this website with absolutely nothing useful to say and started insulting us with rhetoric which we've heard literally a thousand times before. For the record, I'm not even fat, and secondly, if you bothered to read the threads on this website, you'd discover that we don't just CURSE about sports. We debate about them. We come up with sound reasons as to why the sporting industry is a heavily-flawed entity, whereas all you've done is come on here shouting about how much better you are than us and not even made a friggin' point. Why the hell are you here? What do you want to get out of this website, aside from some laughs? Don't go round calling yourself smarter than us until you've actually said something apart from "Oh, I'm better than you. Stop trash talking sports. Play them and get a laugh." For fuck's sake, Fat Man is physically disabled and you create a thread telling him to play sports or join a PE class? Ignorance defined.

I think you're just mad because you got given the GAY jersey as your avatar and you can't change it. I personally thought that was a bit rash at first, but now I realise that anyone who comes darting onto a forum starting a new thread attacking one of the regular members in their first post should be treated with contempt.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Hey all!

I received word from Earl last night that "DrMenJele" has been banned, so he probably isn't going to be around to see anything we say to him. However, I had made my response to him before I heard from Earl, so I'll leave the comment up, as the sites I referenced may be useful in further discussion.
The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Jocks are closet Nazis, because they love the fact that the Nazis were obsessed with physical health and whatnot. And jocks want to look like the perfect aryan specimen. (Blond and blue eyed like Hitler, fit as Goring, tall like Goebbels, 20/20 eyesight like Himmler, German like Rosenberg)
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

I always wondered about the blond, blue-eyed "Aryan ideal" -- Hitler wasn't blond-haired and blue-eyed himself, so why did he think that was the perfect physical characteristic? :|
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:Jocks are closet Nazis, because they love the fact that the Nazis were obsessed with physical health and whatnot. And jocks want to look like the perfect aryan specimen. (Blond and blue eyed like Hitler, fit as Goring, tall like Goebbels, 20/20 eyesight like Himmler, German like Rosenberg)
I don't think hair or eye colour are so important when it comes to jocks. Fit, tall and perfect eyesight, however, are key characteristics of theirs, and we all know of the notorious reputation jocks have when it comes to tormenting those with less-enviable physical characteristics - the unfit, the short, and those who wear glasses. I'd say it was a bit excessive to brand jocks as "closet Nazis" but the obsession with tormenting their lesser-athletic peers, their large amount of emphasis on the importance of physical appearance and their constant desire to be the biggest, strongest and toughest gives some validity to such a statement...

Best reegards,
i_like_1981

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

i_like_1981 wrote: I don't think hair or eye colour are so important when it comes to jocks. Fit, tall and perfect eyesight, however, are key characteristics of theirs, and we all know of the notorious reputation jocks have when it comes to tormenting those with less-enviable physical characteristics - the unfit, the short, and those who wear glasses.
I've worn glasses since I was 7 years old (and am now 40). When I was in elementary and middle school, there were a few taunts of "four-eyes" about my glasses; which I never understood why that was supposed to be an insult, since the glasses improved my vision, and perhaps made it even better than some without glasses (who may have benefitted from them, but never got them, for whatever reason). My guess is that it's just the nature of children to mock something or somebody that's "different" from themselves.

Funny thing is, as I've gotten older, most people I know don't have perfect eyesight, and wear glasses, contact lenses, reading glasses, or have had corrective surgery. It would be interesting to know how many athletes (professional or amateur) use optical aids to see more clearly. Probably a sizable portion, I'd guess.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

ChrisOH wrote:I've worn glasses since I was 7 years old (and am now 40). When I was in elementary and middle school, there were a few taunts of "four-eyes" about my glasses; which I never understood why that was supposed to be an insult, since the glasses improved my vision, and perhaps made it even better than some without glasses (who may have benefitted from them, but never got them, for whatever reason). My guess is that it's just the nature of children to mock something or somebody that's "different" from themselves.
Idiotic bullies enjoy mocking those who lack things they have. It can be physical strength, perfect eyesight, popularity, anything... basically, these idiots enjoy seeing themselves as the role models of the year whom every other student should aspire to be like, and if any students can't manage that, they are called out and laughed at. I wear glasses too, you know, and to be honest with you, I'm absolutely fine with it. As many people class glasses as a rather "geeky" item, that also means that many people who wear them are very smart and excel academically, which really isn't a bad characteristic at all. True, you know. They give you an air of intelligence and wisdom, so to speak. But I guess a lot of bullies are too dumb to understand that.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:
ChrisOH wrote:I've worn glasses since I was 7 years old (and am now 40). When I was in elementary and middle school, there were a few taunts of "four-eyes" about my glasses; which I never understood why that was supposed to be an insult, since the glasses improved my vision, and perhaps made it even better than some without glasses (who may have benefitted from them, but never got them, for whatever reason). My guess is that it's just the nature of children to mock something or somebody that's "different" from themselves.
Idiotic bullies enjoy mocking those who lack things they have. It can be physical strength, perfect eyesight, popularity, anything... basically, these idiots enjoy seeing themselves as the role models of the year whom every other student should aspire to be like, and if any students can't manage that, they are called out and laughed at. I wear glasses too, you know, and to be honest with you, I'm absolutely fine with it. As many people class glasses as a rather "geeky" item, that also means that many people who wear them are very smart and excel academically, which really isn't a bad characteristic at all. True, you know. They give you an air of intelligence and wisdom, so to speak. But I guess a lot of bullies are too dumb to understand that.
Yeah, I started wearing glasses when I was 9 years old. I had recovered from scarlet fever, and it effected my eyesight causing me to be near-sighted so I had to start wearing glasses.

I use to get called a four-eyes. Now I'm a six-eyes because I have to wear bifocals.

Benjamin Franklin actually invented trifocals, so he was an eight-eyes!

I like wire-frame glasses, because I think they're really cool, and the next time I get new glasses, I'm going back to wire-frames.
Idiotic bullies enjoy mocking those who lack things they have.
Well, they lack something that we have!

BRAINS!!!

So what, if they can run faster, jump higher, and have more physical strength!

A horse is much stronger than a human being. It can run faster, and jump higher, therefore a horse must be superior to a human being! Right???

YEAH RIGHT!

A horse can't read and write, do complex math equations, invent new things, create works of art, or compose music.

So, if an athlete is a Christian and goes to church, then he's a fucking hypocrite.

Instead, he should be kneeling down in horse shit, prostrate himself, face down in horseshit, and bowing down to a statue of a horse, and praying to the almighty horse!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote: So what, if they can run faster, jump higher, and have more physical strength!

A horse is much stronger than a human being. It can run faster, and jump higher, therefore a horse must be superior to a human being! Right???

YEAH RIGHT!

A horse can't read and write, do complex math equations, invent new things, create works of art, or compose music.
Hello Fat Man!

I remember reading in my college anthropology text about what's called the "cultural takeoff", the point in human evolution where we stopped evolving physically, for the most part, and our brain size began to be our advantage in natural selection.

This was probably the point where early man began to fashion tools and weapons, rather than relying strictly on natural traits for survival. Physically, we don't have many advantages in the animal world -- we can't run or jump, as you mentioned, as well as animals like the horse, so our advantage in hunting food or escaping becoming food is lessened; we don't have protective armor, sharp horns or claws, or a heavy coat of fur to protect us from predators or the elements. What we do have is our brain capacity -- we can fashion these weapons and tools to compensate for our disadvantages, and even make us more efficient (e.g. using a bow and arrow or rifle to hunt expends less of our energy than running and chasing down prey for food). We also have the ability to plan strategies for using our inventions to our advantage.

So, most "athletic" skills really don't help us much outside of the sport itself. I'm not at all saying we shouldn't keep our bodies healthy (after all, our brains need somewhere to live! :) ), but it's our intelligence that ultimately can give us a better quality of life.