Some Mississippi Republicans Want Interracial Marriage Ban!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Some Mississippi Republicans Want Interracial Marriage Ban!

Post by Fat Man »

OK, what century is this? Did I just get off the wrong train in the wrong town? Or something?

This is un-fuckin'-believable!

Well, actually, it is believable! I'm really not surprised!

To use a golf euphemism, it's par for the course!

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_ ... index.html

Thursday, Apr 7, 2011 15:15 ET

Poll: 46 percent of Mississippi Republicans want interracial marriage ban
And more of those who oppose interracial marriage have a
favorable view of Sarah Palin, a new poll reports

By Justin Elliott

The Dem-leaning firm Public Policy Polling has a new survey out that's sure to raise some eyebrows.

When usual Republican primary voters in the state of Mississippi were asked if they think interracial marriage should be legal or illegal, a whopping 46 percent said it should be illegal, compared to 40 percent who think it should be legal. The remaining 14 percent were unsure.

PPP also breaks down how these voters view the GOP presidential field, with some interesting results. Here's how those respondents would vote:

As PPP's Tom Jensen notes, there are some interesting differences between the candidates' favorability ratings when broken down according to respondents' views of interracial marriage:

Palin's net favorability with folks who think interracial marriage should be illegal (+55 at 74/19) is 17 points higher than it is with folks who think interracial marriage should be legal (+38 at 64/26.) Meanwhile Romney's favorability numbers see the opposite trend. He's at +23 (53/30) with voters who think interracial marriage should be legal but 19 points worse at +4 (44/40) with those who think it should be illegal

Dustin Ingalls, assistant to the director at PPP, tells me that the firm also asked non-Republican voters the interracial marriage question, and he expects those results will be released sometime in the future. He added that PPP also asked whether respondents believe the right side won the Civil War. Those results should also prove interesting.
So, it's about 46% percent of Mississippi Republicans who believe that interracial marriages should be banned, less then half.

Well, it's good to know, that NOT ALL republicans are racist ignoramuses and moronic pinheads!

But 46% percent? WOW! That is a sizable percentage. Not very encouraging to say the least.

OK, I'm not a purebred myself. Very few Americans are today.

On my father's side of the family, I'm French Canadian, or what is known as a Chinook, being about 1/5th Iroquois Indian. And on my mother's side of the family, I'm German, Polish, and Pennsylvanian-Dutch-English.

So, I'm a mongrel, a mutt! You cut me, I bleed Hinze 57 Sauce!

Big fucking hairy deal!!!

But who knows? Someday I may meet a nice intelligent well educated black lady, and fall in love, and get married to her.

If so, that would be nobody's damn business but my own!

I have absolutely nothing against interracial marriages. Who we marry is nobody's business but our own! OK?

I'm mean, like, seriously?

What's with these Retardicans these days?

They want to control every aspect of our lives! They want to control what is being taught in our schools, attempting to insert their Creationist fairy tales into the science curriculum.

And now, they want control of our private bedrooms!

Well, a word of warning . . .

STAY THE FUCKING HELL OUTTA MY BEDROOM, OR ELSE, I WILL TOSS YOU OUT ON YOUR EAR, THROUGH MY 6th FLOOR WINDOW! YA GOT THAT, YA DUMBOS???

These Retardicans, who are against interracial marriages, most likely, they are ignorant redneck swine who like to inbreed and down-breed, thus keeping it in the family, so to speak.

No doubt, they probably have sex with barnyard animals as well.

Oh gee! Am I being too cynical again?
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

ChrisOH

Re: Some Mississippi Republicans Want Interracial Marriage B

Post by ChrisOH »

Fat Man wrote:OK, what century is this? Did I just get off the wrong train in the wrong town? Or something?

Well, actually, it is believable! I'm really not surprised!

To use a golf euphemism, it's par for the course!

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_ ... index.html

So, it's about 46% percent of Mississippi Republicans who believe that interracial marriages should be banned, less then half.

Well, it's good to know, that NOT ALL republicans are racist ignoramuses and moronic pinheads!

But 46% percent? WOW! That is a sizable percentage. Not very encouraging to say the least.

OK, I'm not a purebred myself. Very few Americans are today.

On my father's side of the family, I'm French Canadian, or what is known as a Chinook, being about 1/5th Iroquois Indian. And on my mother's side of the family, I'm German, Polish, and Pennsylvanian-Dutch-English.

So, I'm a mongrel, a mutt! You cut me, I bleed Hinze 57 Sauce!

Big fucking hairy deal!!!

But who knows? Someday I may meet a nice intelligent well educated black lady, and fall in love, and get married to her.

If so, that would be nobody's damn business but my own!

I have absolutely nothing against interracial marriages. Who we marry is nobody's business but our own! OK?

I'm mean, like, seriously?
Racists are just plain ignorant. They fail to see that there are good and bad in all types of people -- white, black, yellow, male, female, gay, straight, Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. and etc.

Yet, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it seems like those who claim to hate "government intrusion" the most also want to intrude on our most deeply personal matters, such as our sexuality and choice of a mate.
Fat Man wrote:
You pretty much summed it up there, Fat Man. :evil:
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

ChrisOH wrote:Racists are just plain ignorant. They fail to see that there are good and bad in all types of people -- white, black, yellow, male, female, gay, straight, Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. and etc.

Yet, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it seems like those who claim to hate "government intrusion" the most also want to intrude on our most deeply personal matters, such as our sexuality and choice of a mate.
Fat Man wrote:
You pretty much summed it up there, Fat Man. :evil:
Yeah! I couldn't have said it all better myself!

Oh! Wait a minute! What the fuck am I saying???

I DID SAY IT MYSELF!!!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Agent 47

Post by Agent 47 »

Wow. I think someone needs to explain to these people that genetic diversity is a GOOD thing for a population...
Wikipedia wrote: Survival and adaptation

Genetic diversity plays a very important role in survival and adaptability of a species because when a speciesâ??s environment changes, slight gene variations are necessary to produce changes in the organisms' anatomy that enables it to adapt and survive. A species that has a large degree of genetic diversity among its population will have more variations from which to choose the most fit alleles. Increase in genetic diversity is also essential for a species to evolve. Species that have very little genetic variation are at a great risk. With very little gene variation within the species, healthy reproduction becomes increasingly difficult, and offspring often deal with similar problems to those of inbreeding. The vulnerability of a population to certain types of diseases can also increase with reduction in genetic diversity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_diversity
...unless of course they WANT to become inbred, redneck hicks!
"We can’t find a healthy brain in an ex-football player."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2873539.htm
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Agent 47 wrote:Wow. I think someone needs to explain to these people that genetic diversity is a GOOD thing for a population...
Wikipedia wrote: Survival and adaptation

Genetic diversity plays a very important role in survival and adaptability of a species because when a speciesâ??s environment changes, slight gene variations are necessary to produce changes in the organisms' anatomy that enables it to adapt and survive. A species that has a large degree of genetic diversity among its population will have more variations from which to choose the most fit alleles. Increase in genetic diversity is also essential for a species to evolve. Species that have very little genetic variation are at a great risk. With very little gene variation within the species, healthy reproduction becomes increasingly difficult, and offspring often deal with similar problems to those of inbreeding. The vulnerability of a population to certain types of diseases can also increase with reduction in genetic diversity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_diversity
...unless of course they WANT to become inbred, redneck hicks!
Oh my goodness gracious!!!

You just said a NO! NO!

You said "evolve" and that's a NO! NO!

We can't have that now, can we!

That's because they don't believe in evolution. We really must not offend any of them! God forbid!

Also, they're already inbred AND down-bred redneck hicks!

It took them many generations of inbreeding and down-breeding to get to where they are today, so they must really be proud of what they have accomplished!

They sort of like to keep it in the family, if you know what I mean!

Whoops! There I go, being cynical again!

I really must try to get over that!

i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

It's absolutely pathetic how there are still people active in politics who hold these sorts of views. Do they really expect that such a ban would be allowed to pass in a civilised society today? No races are inferior. We all have our strong points and we all have our failings. Anyone who would oppose marriage between people of different races is highly contemptible. What on earth is society expected to gain if it forces citizens of different backgrounds to remain separate?

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

i_like_1981 wrote:It's absolutely pathetic how there are still people active in politics who hold these sorts of views. Do they really expect that such a ban would be allowed to pass in a civilised society today? No races are inferior. We all have our strong points and we all have our failings. Anyone who would oppose marriage between people of different races is highly contemptible. What on earth is society expected to gain if it forces citizens of different backgrounds to remain separate?

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Scientist have been studying the human genome, and have been able to trace back the human family tree to a common origin going back some 60,000 years.

We are ALL Africans.

In response to this topic which I had started, I have posted a new topic that is related to this one.

DNA - The Search For Adam (About 60,000 Years Ago!)
http://www.sportssuck.org/phpbb2/viewto ... f=7&t=5342

It also includes a series of 5 YouTube videos produced by National Geographic.

It shows how we are ALL descendent of a black man who lived in East Africa about 60,000 years ago.

No, not a mere 6,000 years ago like the Biblical Adam as believed by religious fundamentalists.

But actually 60,000 years ago, so he was given the designation "Adam" instead of just M9 our ancestor from 40,000 years ago, or M168, our earlier ancestor from 50,000 years ago, but back to the real "Adam" who lived 60,000 years ago.

All men living today, carry the mutation from the real "Adam" in our Y chromosomes.

And he was a black man who lived in East Africa, 60,000 years, NOT 6,000 years, but 60,000 years ago.

We are ALL his descendents!

We are ALL Africans!