I'm terrible at shopping for presents and I need your help!

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
i_like_1981

Re: I'm terrible at shopping for presents and I need your he

Post by i_like_1981 »

Earl wrote:There is no need for you to silently sneak out through a side door, i_like_1981.
Thanks. Sorry, I just kind of have a thing for that phrase.
Safety wrote:Thank you. Her birthday's actually May 11, but I bought it a while earlier because she's moving soon and I know she'll absolutely refuse to tell me her new address.
To be honest, Safety, if she's not a good enough friend to want to let you know where her new address will be, I don't think she deserves a present from you. Even I, as a pretty unpopular person, know that a real friend would do that to a person they saw all the time. Then again, I see you've already bought her something so it's too late now. And maybe a nice gift will make her come to her senses and give her the information you seek. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Skul wrote:
ChrisOH wrote:You know she won't tell you her new address? Why would a "friend" not tell you their new address? This sounds kind of creepy to me...just what's going on here? :?
I think someone has a cruuush! :P
The only thing that sounds creepy here, is Safety himself!

It sounds like he's being a stalker, and she must have a damn good reason for not wanting to reveal her new address to him.

It's probably her way of saying, hit the road jack, and don't come back!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe9raloACbg

Yeah Safety, here's a song for you!

It's a modern rock type song, but the scenes from the video is like something out of the 17th century, which is where your head seems to be at!
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

... and I thought this thread would come to a screeching halt once Safety had announced his choice of a gift to purchase. :lol:

Safety, you should be flattered by all the attention you receive from us. :mrgreen:

Skul wrote:
ChrisOH wrote:You know she won't tell you her new address? Why would a "friend" not tell you their new address? This sounds kind of creepy to me...just what's going on here? :?
I think someone has a cruuush! :P

Fat Man wrote:Well, he did post a Darwin Valentine back in February which I accepted as an apology for his saying Darwin is in Hell.

But he still owes me a Galileo Valentine, and he still owes Galileo an apology!

And I'm going to be down on his case until then!
But, Fat Man, he already has apologized through his legal representative ...
I wrote:In Mr. Safety's behalf as his online guardian, I offer an apology to the famous and celebrated Italian mathematician, astronomer, and physicist Galileo Galilei (1564-1642). I also offer an apology to Fat Man, who was deliberately provoked by Safety.

And now I present a Galileo Valentine ...

Let the record reflect that I am Mr. Safety's legal representative in this forum.

Case closed. :mrgreen:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:In Mr. Safety's behalf as his online guardian, I offer an apology to the famous and celebrated Italian mathematician, astronomer, and physicist Galileo Galilei (1564-1642). I also offer an apology to Fat Man, who was deliberately provoked by Safety.

And now I present a Galileo Valentine ...

Let the record reflect that I am Mr. Safety's legal representative in this forum.

Case closed. :mrgreen:
Thanks, Earl:

But you don't owe me any apology for what some other jerk does in these forums.

I still want a Galileo Valentine from Safety himself as an apology to Galileo for saying he's in Hell.

I don't care how long it takes for him to do an image search, even if it takes until Christmas or into the next new year.

I can wait.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Uh ... you may have a long wait. :wink:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

Perhaps I'm a little late on this, but I agree with everyone that Fat Man's bashing of Safety has gone too far. Come on, what harm did his comment do? There's no need to hold it against him after so long.
You know? If we were both teenagers going to the same high school, my fondest wish would be to catch you alone after school and kick you in the balls so hard so that instead of playing in sports, you would be singing soprano in a girls choir!
Sounds like an action that would be done by the jocks that both you and I would criticize. You don't like the way someone thinks even though it harms no one, and so you want to cause physical harm to them? Besides, I've endured enough nut-shots to know that kicking someone in the balls is a crime against humanity.

Also, let's lay off the creep comments. Something I've noticed, a hypocritical opinion often held by females, is that the only difference between creepy and romantic is whether or not the girl accepts or rejects the guy.
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Earl wrote:Uh ... you may have a long wait. :wink:
Well, if he can't find anything from a Google image search, then I will settle for an apology in text.

You know, I really can't believe anybody would say Galileo was wrong and burning in Hell, in this day and age.

Even religious fundamentalists who don't believe in Darwin's evolution, even they know that Galileo was right when he said that the earth and planets revolve around the sun.

After launching so many space probes to the planets over the years, I think Galileo is pretty well confirmed beyond any doubt.
HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:Perhaps I'm a little late on this, but I agree with everyone that Fat Man's bashing of Safety has gone too far. Come on, what harm did his comment do? There's no need to hold it against him after so long.
Uh, excuse me, but . . .

. . . if too many people believe that Galileo was wrong, and is burning in Hell, and they are in high political offices, or in positions of law, then it's not harmless.

We'll all in deep trouble, if more and more people running this country hold to that belief.

According to a Gallup Poll taken over a year ago, about 20% percent of US citizens believe the sun revolves around the earth.

That says something about the declining quality of education in our schools, and it's really scary if some of these morons are elected into political offices, or passing our laws and in law enforcement.

We are all in really deep Kimchi!!! We can pretty much kiss it all good by!!!

OK?

HugeFanOfBadReligion

Post by HugeFanOfBadReligion »

And your way of preventing this harm is to ridicule a member of some forum on the Internet every time he makes a post because he made a statement quite some time ago?
"Mensa membership conceding, tell my why and how are all the stupid people breeding?" - The Idiots Are Taking Over - NOFX

"Basis of change: educate - derived from discussion, not hate, not myth, not muscle, not etiquette" - Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette - Propagandhi

"We need to teach our kids that it's not just the winner of the Superbowl who deserves to be celebrated, but the winner of the science fair" - Barack Obama
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

HugeFanOfBadReligion wrote:And your way of preventing this harm is to ridicule a member of some forum on the Internet every time he makes a post because he made a statement quite some time ago?
I just got to wonder, what they taught him in high school, besides how to fold paper footballs!

It's obvious from his ignorant statement that he didn't learn jack shit!

And he's a part of our voting age population???

Oh! Parish the thought!

Whoops! I shouldn't say that! I fear we're about to enter an era when all thinking will parish!

Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

Oh my, this thread has gone way out of order since my last visit. Maybe "absolutely refuses" was a little too intense of a phrase. I said something stupid and she's upset with me right now, so I don't think that she would be willing to give me her new address if she moved. I remember her telling me that she was going to move sometime around her birthday, but I can't remember exactly when she said. As I already mentioned, I was trying to gain information from her without directly asking her for her address, so that was a factor as well. Also, I apologize for insulting Galileo. Please stop the arguing now. And possibly delete this now meaningless thread :D
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth

Post by Fat Man »

Safety wrote:Oh my, this thread has gone way out of order since my last visit. Maybe "absolutely refuses" was a little too intense of a phrase. I said something stupid and she's upset with me right now, so I don't think that she would be willing to give me her new address if she moved. I remember her telling me that she was going to move sometime around her birthday, but I can't remember exactly when she said. As I already mentioned, I was trying to gain information from her without directly asking her for her address, so that was a factor as well. Also, I apologize for insulting Galileo. Please stop the arguing now. And possibly delete this now meaningless thread :D
OK, apology accepted!

We'll move on now!

OK?

Just don't do something stupid like that ever again!

OK?

Earl

Post by Earl »

*Earl and Mrs. Earl guffaw*

Thank you, folks! :lol: I shall treasure the memory of this precious moment. :mrgreen:

Stephen King says hi.

Indurrago

Author of Howl's Moving Castle passed away 2 weeks ago.

Post by Indurrago »

Kind of out of topic but since people mentioned "Howl's moving castle". Did you know the author of the book which that movie is based of passed away about 2 weeks ago? :cry: She loved Miyazaki's film adaption btw.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

By the way, Fat man, did you know that Encyclopedia Dramatica sold out?
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
ChrisOH

Post by ChrisOH »

Safety wrote:Oh my, this thread has gone way out of order since my last visit. Maybe "absolutely refuses" was a little too intense of a phrase. I said something stupid and she's upset with me right now, so I don't think that she would be willing to give me her new address if she moved. I remember her telling me that she was going to move sometime around her birthday, but I can't remember exactly when she said. As I already mentioned, I was trying to gain information from her without directly asking her for her address, so that was a factor as well. Also, I apologize for insulting Galileo. Please stop the arguing now. And possibly delete this now meaningless thread :D

(emphasis mine)

Hello Safety!

Thanks for the clarification! I think the key phrase in your post is "right now". Everyone says stupid things now and again, even to our family and closest friends (yours truly is certainly not exempt from this, believe me!) But, anger usually doesn't last forever, so if she really cares about you, she'll see beyond that and ensure that you continue to be friends in the future by allowing you to have communication with her.

As for deleting this "meaningless" thread -- what, and ruin all our post counts? :P :D